Old 24 Aug 19, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Finn family
VIP Dibber

Finn family's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
1 week Japan/1 week Orlando Food Report

So, this has been a hectic but fun and disney filled year. In April, we went to Japan for week and got to experience Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea. Also, we have just returned from a six night stay in Orlando. In Orlando, we managed to do Animal Kingdom, Epcot, Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure and Volcano Bay.

So the food report isn't short, I decided to combine the two

In Japan, we went to Tokyo, Nagoya and Kyoto and stayed at various hotels. In Orlando, we stayed at Country Inn and Suites on Universal Blvd

I hope you enjoy this report!
Current trip report:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1233648

Finn family is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Finn family
VIP Dibber

Finn family's Reviews
To start... A little background info.

During the Easter holidays, mum, dad, Nat (my brother), Elliott (my fiance) and I went to Japan for a week. The first 4 nights were spent at a hotel near Tokyo Disney Resort. The hotel was called Spa and Hotel Maihama Euraisa. The hotel was beautiful and service was excellent.. providing free disney shuttle service. We then travelled using the shinkansen (bullet train) to Nagoya and Kyoto. We had a lot of interesting eats on this trip. When we were not in the tourist parts of Japan, we literally did not know what we were ordering. This was such an incredible adventure!
Current trip report:

Edited at 06:21 PM.
Finn family is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Finn family
VIP Dibber

Finn family's Reviews
Day 1 - Tokyo Disneyland

Breakfast was skipped due to the excitement of entering the park and was replaced by a coffee. We got straight into the fastpass line for Monsters Inc and then headed straight to Space Mountain. First impressions of the park were wonderful. The staff were so friendly and the park was immaculately clean. So many people were dressed up and their outfits matched their friends and family ( managed to sneak a few photos ).

As it was Easter, the park had cute theming everywhere and had the characters shaped into easter eggs.

We had lunch in Adventureland and picked up a pork bun in the shape of Mickey's hand. This was delicious and priced at only 600 yen - approx. £4.60.

After watching the parade, we headed back to tomorrowland for some afternoon snacks. We had a blue churros from Soft Landing, this tasted like raspberry sugar and was a little messy. We also had a Mickey Shaped cheeseburger patty from Tomorrowland Terrace. I LOVED all the Mickey shaped food items.

Such a great first day. We finished off at Red Lobster in the mall across the road from the parks. I had the prawn tapas dish with bread.

Current trip report:

Old 26 Aug 19, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
It will be really interesting to see some of the food in Japan. I like the look of all the Mickey shaped food you've had today.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds as if you had two wonderful trips this year. The food looks great so far.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Finn family
VIP Dibber

Finn family's Reviews
Thank you for reading

Day 2 - Tokyo DisneySea

We knew this had been voted the best park in the world, but we didn't quite realise how magical it would be. The theming is just breathtaking!

For breakfast, we had a gyoza sausage bun and either a soft drink or coffee each. This was like a japanese style sausage roll. We purchased this from Nautilus Galley in the Mysterious Island.

We got to ride some of our favourites such as Toy Story Mania and also some classics with a twist such as the Tower of Terror.

For afternoon snacks I had a sea-salt ice cream monaka. This was purchased in the mermaid lagoon. We noticed the prices were a lot cheaper than the US. This was only 310 yen = £2.50

This was delicious!

I also had a beer cocktail on the American Waterfront.

For dinner, we headed to the Mediterranean Harbour area and had dinner in an Italian restaurant. I apoligise that I forgot to take photos but we ate at Ristorante di Canaletto We each had a pasta dish. Elliott, Dad and I had a seafood linguine. Mum and Nat had a carbonara style dish.

We stayed and watched the evening show. Nothing will ever top the fireworks in Florida but the show was over the water and it was a nice way to spend the evening.
Current trip report:

Edited at 02:52 PM.
Old 27 Aug 19, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Great food, I love the look of the sea shell ice cream monaka. The beer cocktail looks refreshing too. 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Finn family
VIP Dibber

Finn family's Reviews
Day 3 - Last Disney Day

This was our last Disney day before heading to Tokyo...

We made use of the park hopper and visited both parks, using the monorail to get to each one from the main station.

Today mostly consisted of snacks.

Throughout our trip, we tried as many popcorn flavours as possible as Disney Tokyo is known for their weird and wonderful flavours.

We tried: Curry, Milk Chocolate, Caramel, Honey, Garlic Shrimp, Strawberry and Chinese Chili.
The majority favourite was the Milk Chocolate.. and it smelt like heaven

Also, we loved all the crazy merchandise and large hats they sold.

In the afternoon, we tried the alien mochi balls available near Toy Story Mania - these were an interesting but unusual taste, but definitely worth getting for the picture!

Later on, we tried the chocolate and pizza sticks called tipo torta available from the village pastry in fantasyland. Both were delicious!

We said our goodbyes to the parks as we carried on our adventure...

Current trip report:

Old 30 Aug 19, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The Japanese snacks look ace, would love to go to Tokyo Disney Sea. Keep it coming
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Finn family
VIP Dibber

Finn family's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
It will be really interesting to see some of the food in Japan. I like the look of all the Mickey shaped food you've had today.
Thank you! yes some of the food in Japan was incredible, very different to Florida though, not for the fussy eaters, although Disney catered for everyone
Current trip report: