Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 5 Jul 20, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl87
Imagineer

Mobile

I have wanted to see Hamilton for years and never got round to it...watched it last year and absolutely loved it! Want to see it live even more now!
scottishgirl87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 20, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Sweeney_Todd
Imagineer

Not been able to see it in That London so was keen to watch it this weekend. We thought it was really good, but it does require your full attention at all times. The staging was fantastic.
Given that it was filmed over three days it played out seamlessly. I shall give it another viewing before too long and see if I can pick up lapses in continuity.

"Right love, shut up and listen - an ADR for two at Crystal Palace, name of Regan. Got it?"

40?...Face?...Bovvered? ...-...Our Feb 2008 Trippies
Sweeney_Todd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 20, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post

I was lucky enough to see it on Broadway with this original cast. Both patriotic and subversive. Brilliant musical theater in every way. It was fun to watch again on Disney.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 20, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Has anyone seen the Curb Your Enthusiasm episodes on Hamilton where Lin Manuel is drafted in to do Larry David’s musical?
Old 7 Jul 20, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LostGirl View Post
It left me cold tbh. I was exhausted when it finished. Had to really concentrate to understand what the hell was going on. Not my cup of tea and so glad we didn't cough up for tickets. I think I would have gone to the bar and left husband to it. I tried, I really did, but 40 mins in I was reaching for my phone. Just didn't hold my attention. Horses 4 courses I guess?
i saw in in west end in january my daughter is a theatre nerd and is/was obsessed with it & to be honest i didnt have a clue what the story was beforehand and had to read up on it afterwards after seeing it to join the dots... underwhelmed would be my review

some of the casting didnt help exmaple the same guy played Lafayette & Thomas Jefferson so i was mighty confused

some of the other casting was a bit confusing as well... although im clearly in a minority as the box office takings will attest ...
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 20, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Has anyone seen the Curb Your Enthusiasm episodes on Hamilton where Lin Manuel is drafted in to do Larry David’s musical?
no but will search these out
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 20, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
sam_b
Imagineer

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
i saw in in west end in january my daughter is a theatre nerd and is/was obsessed with it & to be honest i didnt have a clue what the story was beforehand and had to read up on it afterwards after seeing it to join the dots... underwhelmed would be my review

some of the casting didnt help exmaple the same guy played Lafayette & Thomas Jefferson so i was mighty confused

some of the other casting was a bit confusing as well... although im clearly in a minority as the box office takings will attest ...
An interesting article on double casting here - it was a deliberate decision.. medium/@10807295/double-...n-dcca652e654d

“ In Hamilton however, the purpose for double casting was a very deliberate choice on creator Lin-Manuel Miranda’s part. After studying the life of Hamilton for years, Miranda began to notice several similarities in his relationships with people in Hamilton’s life. In order to amplify these similarities, he purposefully casted the same actor or actress to play both characters.”
sam_b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 20, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sam_b View Post
An interesting article on double casting here - it was a deliberate decision.. medium/@10807295/double-...n-dcca652e654d

“ In Hamilton however, the purpose for double casting was a very deliberate choice on creator Lin-Manuel Miranda’s part. After studying the life of Hamilton for years, Miranda began to notice several similarities in his relationships with people in Hamilton’s life. In order to amplify these similarities, he purposefully casted the same actor or actress to play both characters.”
or its was a cheaper then the show exploded in popularity so he was stuck with it
Old 9 Jul 20, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Finally watched Hamilton on Disney+ last night. Wow - it surpassed my expectations! Must be so hard to perform these very intricate songs, the writing is incredible.

Favourites: "My Shot", "Satisfied" and "The Room Where It Happens".

I'll be watching it again, for sure!
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
sam_b
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YLL View Post
Finally watched Hamilton on Disney+ last night. Wow - it surpassed my expectations! Must be so hard to perform these very intricate songs, the writing is incredible.

Favourites: "My Shot", "Satisfied" and "The Room Where It Happens".

I'll be watching it again, for sure!
I saw (and heard) loads more 2nd time around, definitely worth another watch - but now I have ear worms!
sam_b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List