Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 24 Apr 09, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
disjunkie
Very Serious Dibber

21 Days in WDW- The 2007 trip - COMPLETE!

I've just found my photos from our September 2007 trip to Disney. We were on the normal dining plan this trip, (back when it included appetisers and tips), so I have a mix of CS and TS photos to post.

This won't be as detailed review as my last one, mainly because I can't remember all the details as it was too long ago, but it will include lots of pictures!

On with the reviews!

Raglan Road - page 1
Riverside Mill - page 1
Chefs de France - page 1
Columbia Harbour House - page 1
Artist Point - page 1
Boulangerie Patisserie - Page 1
Boma - page 2
California Grill - page 2
Capt'n'Jacks - page 2
Cosmic Rays - page 2
Coral Reef - page 2
Citricos - page 2
Flying Fish - page 3
Goofys - page 3
Jiko - page 3
Kona Cafe - page 3
Le Cellier - page 3
Mama Melroses - page 4
POFQ - page 4
Rosies Cafe - page 4
Spoodles - page 4
Sunshine Seasons - page 5
Tangierine Cafe - page 5
Wolfgang Pucks Express - page 5
Wolfgang Pucks Cafe - page 5

Edited at 10:05 AM.
disjunkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 09, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
disjunkie
Very Serious Dibber

Raglan Road

Scallop appetiser - the scallops were tasty and cooked well, but I wasn't too keen on the sweetcorn.

Goats Town - Back in 2007 this counted as an appetiser, but other than that it's exactly the same as DH's entree on our last visit. Very good, and the goats cheese was just warmed through.

I had Bangers and Mash for my entree. The sausages were made with apricots, and the sauce was apricot too. I really enjoyed this and I'm not normally a huge fan of sausages.

DH had the portobello mushroom burger, the 'burger' was actually just one giant mushroom, but he really enjoyed this.

For dessert we both had the Bread and Butter pudding, we should have just got one to share, but it was so good! Honestly one of the best desserts in WDW in my opinion, but very heavy after a filling meal.
disjunkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 09, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
disjunkie
Very Serious Dibber

Riverside Mill

We were staying at POFQ and although the FQ food court was fine, we often walked along to riverside mill as it had a much bigger selection of food.

Carvery - you had a choice of turkey or beef (I had turkey) and it was served with mashed potatoes, vegetables, cornbread and gravy. I really enjoyed this (think I had it twice over the course of the trip). The potatoes were buttery, meat nicely cooked and not too dry and I love cornbread!

Magic cookie bar - I loved these things, very rich, buttery and just yum!

Roast Beef and Blue Cheese sandwich - ok, the cheese was had a strong flavour but the beef was a bit chewy for me.
Brownie - very nice

Make your own salad - very good choice of salad ingredients, topped with a freshly cooked chicken breast.

Make your own pasta - a good option for veggie DH. You chose the sauce (DH sampled both alfredo and tomato) and additional ingredients like veggies or chicken/shrimp if desired, served with garlic bread. There was often a queue for this but it was very good, and a big portion too.
[IMG]http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd276/taylorl25/POR_pastacookie.jpg[/IMG

Standard disney pizza, but the cheesecake was tasty
Old 24 Apr 09, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
disjunkie
Very Serious Dibber

Chefs de France

We had dinner here around 7ish and the place was packed but I remember the service being fine.

Appetisers
Goats Cheese Salad - I enjoyed this but there wasn't really enough goats cheese and the balsamic dressing was a bit too tart for me, it wasn't as good as Raglan Road.

Cheese Plate - DH liked this, but I don't think he's met a cheese plate he doesn't like! It could have done with some bread or something.

Mains
Salmon - The salmon was well cooked, served on top of a potato pancake which was actually more like a potato rosti. The tomato sauce was tasty but it could have done with being served a bit hotter.

Vegetable Lasagne - DH really enjoyed this. He said the sauce was really tasty but it could have done with more cheese.

Desserts
Chocolate tart - very good, pastry was nice and crisp, and the filling very rich and chocolately. The ice cream was just ok, but it complimented the tart well.

Apple Crepe - DH said this was nice and that the caramel sauce was particularly tasty.
Old 24 Apr 09, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
disjunkie
Very Serious Dibber

Columbia Harbour House

This is one of our favourite CS restaurants in WDW. The veggie option is tasty and a bit different, and it's always been lovely and quiet when we've sat upstairs.

We ate here twice this trip.

Lighthouse Sandwich - this is really good, the houmous is very tasty and pairs well with the broccoli slaw. A nice, light CS meal.

Anchors Aweigh Sandwich - I think they may have discontinued this now, but it was a nice tuna sandwich. It was good but I prefered DH's lighthouse sandwich.

Both meals came with a packet of crisps on the DDP and we chose the apple crisp for dessert. This was a nice apple pie, the pastry was thick and buttery, and the filling tasty, better than the pre-packaged desserts most CS restaurants supply.

On our second visit DH had the veggie sandwich again, but I had the Galley chicken salad and chose blue cheese dressing. This was nice and fresh, but I prefered PORs create your own salad.
Old 25 Apr 09, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Fantastic... looking forward to seeing more.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 09, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
disjunkie
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Minniespal View Post
Fantastic... looking forward to seeing more.
Thanks very much, next update coming up now.
Old 26 Apr 09, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
disjunkie
Very Serious Dibber

Artist Point

We arrived and were seated early, again it was reasonably quiet giving it a nice ambiance. Service was good and we tried the wine pairings which were a good compliment to each dish.

Appetisers
Salad with beets - the blue cheese was tasty and paired well with the beets, the blackberry dressing was good.

Cheese Plate - nice selection with good accompianments

Entrees
Buffalo Steak - very good but a bit tougher than a beef steak. The sweet potato gratin was gorgeous and I loved the onion jam. It's a shame this dish isn't on the menu anymore.

Potato Chive Pot Stickers - spicier than DH thought it would be, but tasty.

Desserts
Chocolate Hazelnut Torte - small portion but very rich. Not a strong hazelnut flavour, but it paired well with the lavendar ice cream. This was paired with ice wine which was gorgeous and really complimented the chocolately taste.

Coffee two ways - A coffee bread pudding and coffee flavoured creme brulee. The bread pudding was tasty but didn't have a particularly strong coffee flavour, while in the creme brulee it was much more pronounced. DH loved this dessert.

Overall we had a great meal here, and thought it was well worth 2 TS credits.

Edited at 06:27 PM.
Old 26 Apr 09, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
disjunkie
Very Serious Dibber

Boulangerie Patisserie

We had lots of CS credits left so decided to use one on a couple of sweet treats from here.

I got a chocolate mousse which was very good, rich yet light and a good chocolate flavour
DH tried a Napolean, this was a good combination was flaky, buttery pastry and rich, sweet cream filling. Very good.

Old 28 Apr 09, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
MichelleB
Imagineer

Stop it! You are making my mouth water!

Had a chuckle at the 'sausage ' picture though!

WDW Feb 2007 Bahama Bay
Beach Club/HRH/ Bella Piazza condo Oct 2010 New York April 2012
HRH and OKW August 2014. Boston, White Mts and Maine 2016
Planning for California Sept 2019
MichelleB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List