Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 4 Oct 11, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
disjunkie
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by freakyjo114 View Post
Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to reading the rest of your food reviews and to seeing the photos
Thanks for joining in.

Originally Posted by Juliemack View Post
Can't believe plane food could look like that ... Fab reports and pictures so far... I'm so subscribing to this
The food was really nice, as was the whole flight.

Originally Posted by sarahewoods View Post
Oh my, what a treat. Everything you have shown unto now, looks simply delish

Can't wait to dine at artists point next year.

Looking forward to more xx
Thank you, it was all really good. Hope you enjoy AP next year.

Originally Posted by steandtrish View Post
Super thread so far- great to hear your views and see the pictures of some of the places we have chosen to eat for our trip at Christmas

Thanks, glad the reviews are useful.

Originally Posted by mossyflossy View Post
Oh my, I am drooling, so many of the dishes are exactly what I'd order, mmmmmmmmmmmm, thanks so much for sharing, Disjunkie!
Thank you.

Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Wow! Amazing reviews so far - subscribing for the rest...
Thank you very much

Originally Posted by mrsmickey View Post
Oh dear, that food on UC looks way too tempting for plane food! I'm just slightly jealous...
It was good, the scone with jam and clotted cream was delicious!

Originally Posted by joanna23 View Post
This is just heaven in a thread. This is better than anything on my Kindle, thanks for taking the time to do all of this!
Thank you!
disjunkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 11, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
disjunkie
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by julybride View Post
So wonderful xx i'm going to enjoy reading this tonight xx
Thank you, hope you enjoyed the reviews.

Originally Posted by Princesa View Post
Ooh I'm loving reading this! Thanks!
Thank you.

Originally Posted by Fantasia Sam View Post
Oh wow this is a great read and fab piccies. It's been years since I ate in Nine Dragons your food looks way better than I remember.
Thank you. Nine Dragons was better than I thought it would be to be honest.

Originally Posted by loadsapixiedust View Post
Brilliant thread, thank you so much for sharing all your lovely meals, but I am soooo hungry now - subscribing for the rest of the droolfest
Thank you. That's the only problem with food reviews, they always make you hungry!

Originally Posted by ppodangel View Post
Oh wow! Thanks for sharing! You are giving me a few ideas!
Thank you, hope the reviews are helpful.

Originally Posted by Mrs Pumpkin View Post
Totally going to read through your trippie - have quickly skimmed through as I'm off out the door, but this will act as a reminder for me!

Saw your pics of your aeroplane food - what a difference to cattle class
Thanks for joining in.

Originally Posted by TracyW View Post
Ooo, a great food report, thanks for sharing.
Thank you.

Originally Posted by Christina Dunn View Post
Fantastic food and great pictures. I'm definitely going to write some of these down for our next trip (although that won't be for about three years)
Thanks, hope my reviews are helpful. The 3 years will go so fast, you're trip will be here before you know it.

Originally Posted by anfield05 View Post
really enjoying your food reviews, looking forward to sanaa, we really enjoyed this on our last trip xxx
Thank you, Sanaa coming up now.

Originally Posted by hedobaby View Post
ooo. Im hungry! Cant wait to see the rest!
Thanks.
disjunkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 11, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
disjunkie
Very Serious Dibber

Sanaa

On our way out of Epcot the previous day we’d stopped at Boulangerie Patisserie to get some snacks for breakfast the following day.
I picked an Almond Triangle. This was good, but I put it in the fridge overnight and it would have been better left out. The pastry was a bit too cold, but very flaky and buttery, with a nice almond filling. I could have done with more filling and less pastry, but it was good.

DH had the Napolean. Thick cream sandwiched between crispy pastry, drenched with icing sugar. Delicious!

We spent the morning at Animal Kingdom, and left just after 12 to have lunch at Sanaa. Sanaa was pretty empty, and we were seated quickly at a window table, which had a view of the zebra and giraffes outside.

Our server greeted us quickly, and we just stuck to soft drinks as I felt a bit dehydrated after running around AK all morning.

I chose the Potato and Pea Samosas as my appetiser. These were so good. Flaky pastry, lots of soft potato and pea filling, a nice balance of spice, complemented well be the mango chutney.

DH chose the bread service, he picked Naan, Paneer Paratha and Onion Kulcha. All three were good although the naan was a bit crispy in the centre. He picked cucumber raita (nice creamy texture, but not enough cucumber), mango chutney and pickled garlic (really tasty, cloves of garlic marinated in a blend of spices). This was really good, and such a big portion I had a try of each bread.

For my entree I chose the tandoori chicken. This was a huge entree and really good value at $14.99 if you were paying cash for the meal. It consisted of a naan bread, topped with mixed leaves, tomato, onion, chicken pieces, raita and tikka sauces. The Naan was good, the salad was fresh and the sauces were thick and added flavour to the dish. The chicken was good, there was loads of it though and it was a mix of white and dark meat. I was expecting something similar to the tandoori chicken we’d get in indian restaurants back home, but it was much milder than that and it didn’t seem like it was cooked in a tandoori oven. Overall though a good, unique dish.

DH chose the slow cooked in gravy, thai green curry shrimp and stewed lentils, with five grain pilaf. The shrimp were good, well cooked and the sauce had a little bit of heat in it. The lentils were very good, perfectly cooked, deep flavour but no spice. The rice was well cooked, and the mix of grains added extra texture to the dish. Again a very good entree.

For dessert we had the chai cream. This was absolutely delicious, thick cream which captured the flavour of chai perfectly. Served with a chocolate dipped spoon, which added a little chocolate taste. Very smooth dessert, which was very moreish, even though we were full it was hard to let any of this go to waste.

We were both very impressed with our lunch here. Nice atmosphere, unique, well prepared dishes and it was worth leaving Animal Kingdom for. We were very lucky with the buses too so it didn’t take too much time out of our day.
Old 4 Oct 11, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
disjunkie
Very Serious Dibber

Narcoosees

We had 7:45pm reservations at Narcoosees, and I was hoping to catch Hallowishes from the deck afterwards. DH had never really enjoyed his meals here, as the vegetarian entree had never been very good, but now he was eating seafood there would be a lot more choice for him.

We checked in just after 7:30pm, and were told we should be seated close to our reservation time. Normally the bar at Narcoosees is really busy but this time it was nearly empty, so we decided to grab a drink there before dinner.

I ordered a Tropical Mojito, which was made with mango rum. This just had a hint of mango in it, and was a nice, refreshing drink. DH just went with a jack on the rocks. By the time the bartender had made the drinks, our pager was flashing so we settled the bill and went to be seated.

We were seated at a four top on the ground level, one away from the window. Narcoosees always has quite a bustling vibe to it and is a lot louder than the likes of Artist Point. It’s not excessively loud or anything, but it’s not the quiet surroundings you might get at other signatures. Our server was good here, she was efficient, friendly and knew the menu well.

For my appetiser I chose the cheese plate. This consisted of three cheeses, a Reypenaer VSOP (the slices of hard, yellow cheese), which was paired with a lovely almond honey, MT TAM Triple Cream Brie and Caveman Blue Cheese. The Triple cream brie was my favourite, wonderfully creamy, just a little sharp, salty taste which worked well with the strawberries. The blue cheese was good, reasonably strong blue paired with walnuts, and the Reypenaer worked very well with the almond pairing.

DH chose the lobster spring roll. The pastry was very crisp, filled with big chunks of lobster and shredded vegetables. The soy-orange dipping sauce was very good, just a hint of orange flavour, but the spicy mayonaise wasn’t really spicy and it didn’t really seem to add much to the dish.

For my entree I chose the crab crusted Mahi Mahi. I loved this dish back in 2009, and it didn’t disappoint this time either. A beautifully cooked fillet of mahi mahi, with a a thick layer of crab cake on top. This added lots of flavour, a little spice and kept the fish really moist. This was served on a bed of fingerling potatoes (well cooked), green beans and a lemon sauce. I liked the sauce, it was very thick and creamy and worked well with the fish. When DH tried this dish he didn’t like the sauce, thinking it was too lemony and overpowered the fish, so I guess it’s down to personal taste, but for me this dish was a winner.

DH ordered that nights special, Pan Seared scallops served with wild mushroom risotto, asparagus and a port wine reduction. This was another great dish, perfectly cooked scallops, creamy mushroom risotto which was cooked just right, so the rice still had a little bite to it, the asparagus was also well cooked and the port wine reduction added sweetness to the dish.

I was very full at this point, but the cheesecake from here was my favourite dessert last time so I had to order it. Again this didn’t disappoint, rich creamy almond flavoured cheesecake, encased in a sweet almond crust, served with cherries and a little whipped cream. This dessert is to die for, and it killed me that I couldn’t finish it, luckily DH stepped in and helped me out, meaning none of this delicious dessert was wasted!

DH chose the strawberry lemon tart. The shortcrust pastry was thick and buttery, the filling had a mild lemon flavour which worked well with the fresh strawberries on top. He thought this was nice, but not a stunning dessert, and preferred my cheesecake.

We were given a complimentary glass of champagne to celebrate our anniversary which was a really nice gesture.

I ordered coffee with dessert, and was given a large press pot which was covered on the dining plan. This was very good coffee, much better than what’s served at most disney restaurants.

Overall we both really enjoyed our meal here. All 3 courses were very good, service was good, and after our meal we were able to watch the Electric Water Parade and Hallowishes from the deck, a perfect ending to the meal!
Old 4 Oct 11, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue Kangaroo
Very Serious Dibber

Please, Disjunkie, can we have some more?

Really loving the report.

Liz
ASMu - Mar 2003 POFQ & CSR - May/Jun 2005 SSR - Aug/Sep 2008, Nov 2011, Apr 2013 and Aug 2015 POR - Nov 2009 GF Club Level for one night only Aug 2015 AoA - Aug 2016, Aug 2017 AKL - May/Jun 2018 BC and WL Aug 2022
Blue Kangaroo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 11, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
steandtrish
Imagineer

steandtrish's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16
Great thread, thanks.
Old 4 Oct 11, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Rockette
Apprentice Imagineer

Just wow!

So many restaurants I would not have looked at because I'm such a fussy feeder but the food looks wonderful!

1982:I-Drive 2007:I-Drive 2009:I-Drive 2010:POR 2011:OKW 2012:BCV/AKV 2013:BCV/VB/OKW, BCR/BWV 2014:SSR/BCV, WBTA/NYC 2015:BCV, BCV/OKW 2016:BWV, WBTA/BCV 2017:VWL/BCV, MED CRUISE, FANTASY/BLT/BCV 2018:BRV/BWV, AKV/CARIBBEAN CRUISE/BWV 2019:BWV/VB/EBTA,BCV 2022:RIV/BWV, BWV, VB/CRUISE/SSR 2023:Mexico, RIV/BWV, Med Cruise, WBTA 2024 BLT
Rockette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 11, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickeyetta
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mickeyetta's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Everything looks yummy!

Looking forward to your V&A report as we were there that night as well... We had a really good time, hope you did too!

Mickeyetta
Disneyland Paris Lots
Mickeyetta is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 11, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
Oh no, I went to move onto the next page and there isn't one... This is fantastc, there area a few restaurants that I was considerig and you have made my mind up.

Can't wait to see the rest.
Old 6 Oct 11, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
disjunkie
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Blue Kangaroo View Post
Please, Disjunkie, can we have some more?

Really loving the report.

Liz
Next update coming right up.

Originally Posted by steandtrish View Post
Great thread, thanks.
Thank you.

Originally Posted by Rockette View Post
Just wow!

So many restaurants I would not have looked at because I'm such a fussy feeder but the food looks wonderful!

Thanks, hope you give some of the restaurants a go.

Originally Posted by Mickeyetta View Post
Everything looks yummy!

Looking forward to your V&A report as we were there that night as well... We had a really good time, hope you did too!

Mickeyetta
Thanks. You were there on the 29th as well?! Were you in the main dining room or in the Queen Victoria Room. I did see a british party of 4 seated in the QVR room, that wasn't you was it?

Originally Posted by Ycryan View Post
Oh no, I went to move onto the next page and there isn't one... This is fantastc, there area a few restaurants that I was considerig and you have made my mind up.

Can't wait to see the rest.
Thanks, and sorry I haven't got the rest done yet. Really nice to hear my reviews helped you decide on your ADRs. Next update coming right up.