Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 16 Sep 15, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by MissFortune View Post
Great updates!

We are flying TC economy so that was really helpful to see. Thanks for all the details. Can't decide if I fancy the sausages or curry more. Hmmmm.

Looking forward to more.
Haha the curry did smell gorgeous and DH said best plane food he's eaten
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 15, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Semantje View Post
Great report so far! Was thinking on Liberty Inn as well but read some bad reviews. Now it's going on the list. That steak looks more than ok for QS!
Oh deff go it was more than ok
Old 16 Sep 15, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by joanna23 View Post
Looking forward to following your eating adventures! Enjoy.
Thanks
Old 16 Sep 15, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Great start, thanks for the Thomas Cook pics, we are flying with them soon
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 15, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Free water from caseys corner ok not food as such but these are a god send on a hot day, pop to any QS and ask for free water we squeeze juice into it.

Auntie Gravitys Magic Kingdom

We were a little hungry by 4pm so we popped to get some sundaes

All vanilla DD choose strawberries, DH caramel and me hot fudge now looking at the photos none of us are what we ordered as DD changed her mind! Lol so DH ended up with strawberries, me caramel and DD with my hot fudge! The cheek haha

Snack credits used 3
Remaining 45
Old 17 Sep 15, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Paddock grill

We decided to go to the pool last night and eat there however we didn't eat until almost 10pm!

First me and DH had drinks while DD swam he had 2 coors and I had a mojito and a margarita they were so strong but lovely

Excuse the look haha I got wiped out by the slide! It was so fast haha

DD had the nuggets and fries which she really only are the nuggets and few fries and an ice cream sandwich

I had the Angus burger and fries and swapped my dessert for a side which was a cookie, really nice, I had half and me DH swapped

DH had the BBQ belly pork burger and also swapped his dessert for a side of SSR chips

Overall very nice nothing special 8/10

Credits used 3 QS
Remaining 45! (I will explain later)
Old 18 Sep 15, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post

Artists palette

We had breakfast at resort this morning I was not overly hungry so opted for a granola yogurt with strawberries it was lovely and light

DD the greedy devil wanted the bounty platter! And a croissant! Safe to say she ate most of the platter and the croissant is on the side!

DH if I'm right had the breakfast wrap, I forgot to write down what it was we ate today! He polished it off and said he would most deff have it again

We also picked our 2nd lot of mugs up, I will explain now

On the first night we noticed DD adult credits were not adult, so we went to guest services to correct this well it all went wrong this time (it happened last trip too, but was sorted quickly) it as a hot mess they checked us out without telling us, told us we had to move rooms again, gave us all new magic bands and told us our wont work anymore, charged our CC for the purchases so far, DH wasn't impressed we didn't want to move again, so had a bit of a moan, managed to stay put the bands was another story, but for some reason our room credits were reinstated so all the meals we had up till this morning were free! It's all confusing we told them this had happened, we like to be honest and they said go ahead we dont mind use them.

So we did! And we are back at the beginning this morning!

So we are at 46 QS remaining I can't seem to get off that number! Haha

They pooled all the food together and counted them as 2 QS meals

QS credits used 2
Remaining 46

Nothing exciting pretty average so 7/10

Little cart outside great movie ride

So we got off the great movie ride a little peckish and picked up one of these babies they are just amazing

Cheese jalapeño pretzel

They are not spicy there is a hint of jalapeño in them and it's baked in the bread not with in the cheese

DD had her fix a salted pretzel though DH did wipe off most of the salt

10/10 you must try them!

Used 2 snack credits
Remaining 46 (that magic number!)

Katsura grill

DD wanted some sushi and I wanted to start my drinks around the world, So we picked up a Tokyo sunset and a Kirin draft beer for DH

The sushi platter with a green tea cheese cake and iced green tea drink as a QS

We were eating in Italy later and didn't want to be full before we got there!

DD loves the weird and wonderful and is a fabulous eater and ate more sushi than us and drank the green tea too! Declare refreshing (me and DH didn't like it haha)

Credits used 1
Remaining 45
OOP 17.58

7/10

We love sushi so it's always a winner with us however it's no different than the packs you find in tescos etc if you want something a little more special Tokyo dining is your best bet
The cheesecake was nice also DH did say it was a bit nothingy (not even sure that's a word haha)

Tutto italia

I am not going to lie this is easily always our best meal of the trip and it didn't disappoint this one either!

Now DD6 is on the adult menu so she gets to choose off either and opted for an adult main and dessert, she's an adventurous eater and loved her pasta

We had the usual olives and breads to start 2 rounds of olives as DD ate them all before me and DH got a look in!

I picked a Chianti while the guys had water, lemonade and diet cokes

So we will start with her she decided on the ravioli with bacon, chicken, cheese and spring onions, the servers asked her if she wanted Parmesan and she had the whole pot! it was a good portion with she cleared the plate!

I went for the salmon with the celery puree,oh it was heaven salmon was cooked perfectly and the celery puree a lovely refreshing light and airy taste

DH had the polenta dish, I had this last trip it is just lovely he said the meat was Devine

For dessert me and DH had the cannoli and DD the chocolate cake

The cannolis here are fabulous just delicious

10/10

Credits used 3 TS
Remaining 45
OOP 9.58

On the way out we stopped at club cool everyone needs to stop here I had my favourite fanta melon and dd the Beverly, yes she's one odd cookie! Lol

Edited at 11:36 AM.
Old 18 Sep 15, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
mrmoo123
Imagineer

nom nom nom... great report so far!
Old 18 Sep 15, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Great report. Hope you are having a great time.

Liberty inn looks really good I have that on my list for summer.
Old 19 Sep 15, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Love it! Your daughter is like my son, he has always loved olives, salmon, sushi and other stuff that most kids don't like! I think it's nice to see :-)
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List