Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
14 nights of incredible food, mainly offsite - April/May 2016

Hello and welcome to another mouth watering food report

This most recent trip was for 14 nights and we mainly ate offsite. We set ourselves a daily food budget of $100 and in the most part managed to stick to it. I haven't dared step on the scales so I can't give an accurate weight gain but lets just say my jeans are a little bit tighter than they were last month!

Off we go...

Weatherspoons @ Birmingham Airport

We each started the day off with a large English breakfast. It was hot, tasty, enormous... everything you could ask for in a pre flight feed. With a couple of orange juices it cost us £25.90.

Plane

On the plane we turned down the food offerings and just munched our way through the snacks we had taken on board. We had a Boots ham sandwich, crisps, Haribo, a Nutella Go & Mars bars! £7.50. We did then grab the afternoon tea they served & shared the scone.

Bahama Breeze @ Lake Buena Vista

This was a great choice for our first meal. They offer Happy Hour from 4-6pm where all appetisers are half price & drinks are cheap too *not at the Idrive location, (thanks Dixonsontour for the tip)!

We shared the wings, the quesadilla and the pork tacos. Drinks wise, I had 2 ultimate pina coladas while Aaron had 3 Bud Lites and a margarita.

The food, service & atmosphere were all great. The bill came to $34 before tip which included a beer on the house as there was a confusion with our order. Great value & highly recommended!

Clarion @ Lake Buena Vista

We had breakfast included here for our first 3 nights. We only paid an additional £2 each on the booking price each day and it was well worth it. They have a great selection of hot & cold food. Fruit, cereal, toast, waffle makers, bagels, muffins, bacon, sausage, eggs, potato, pancakes... lots of choice basically!

I had 1 savory plate & then a Mickey waffle, Aaron just stuck to the savory option and managed 2 plates. It was a great way to save a few $ on breakfast.

Panda Express @ City Walk

Our traditional lunch on our first visit to Universal. As we'd had such a heavy breakfast we shared a small plate, boiled rice and beef with broccoli. It was yummy & great value at $8. We also filled in the receipt which gave us a free entree on a future visit.

Miller Ale House @ Lake Buena Vista

On our first visit of the trip we stuck to our usual, creatures of habit that we are! I had the mountain melt & Aaron had the cajun chicken pasta. I had a Diet Coke & he had a tall MIller Lite. We also added the tossed salad. A confusion with the bill gave us the beer & the salad on the house so it was another very reasonable meal at $28 before the tip.

Baskin Robbins @ Lake Buena Vista

We grabbed dessert from here, opting for a double scoop butter pecan & rocky road! It was yummy, especially the marshmallows in the latter. It cost $5.

Pretty much the same as before...

Cookes of Dublin @ Disney Springs

We each chose a dish here and shared both. Aaron went for the fish and chips and I had the hog in a box. The latter was big enough for two on its own, stuffed full of pork & other yummys! This cost $25.

Somewhere in Kissimmee

Aaron grabbed a Maple walnut milkshake here after we wondered around the classic cars.

Giordanos @ Lake Buena Vista

Apart from a mishap meaning we waited 30 minutes for our waitress to come over here, our meal was actually really nice. We had a voucher for a free appetiser so we opted for the bruchetta. It was really big & really tasty! We then ordered the small Chicago classic stuffed which had pepperoni, peppers, mushrooms & onions. It was really lovely and we ate every last bite! What piggys! We also had a salad for a bit of nutrition. The bill came to $28.49 before tip and they had given the drinks FOC to appologise for the wait.

abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 16, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews

Same again I'm afraid, no more Mickey waffle pics after this one though, promise!

Cheesecake Factory @ Mall @ Milenia

Being well used to the portion size here we played it safe & shared a main & an appetiser. We had the loaded potato tots & the chicken parm sandwich. We did have some of the bread too of course! It was all delicious and we were absolutely stuffed afterwards so didn't manage any cheesecake. The bill came to $29.67.

Harrys @ St Augustine

This one was new for us & I had read really good reviews on here & on TA. We had a drink at the bar first, a big easy for aaron & a Diet Coke for me. We were then seated outside on a lovely little courtyard table and we had a gorgeous lunch. I had the bacon jam burger, Aaron had the fish tacos. We shared both but I was keener on the burger. We then ordered the banana fosters for pudding. It was vanilla ice cream, caramel sauce & fried bananas. The massive disapointment with this incredible sounding dessert was that it was smothered in cinnamon. Boo. I still powered through though like a trooper though ! The bill came to $13 for the drinks & $34 for the food. Recommended for anyone visiting soon!

Millers Ale House @ International Drive

Back to our regular location. Initially we were supposed to just be here for a few drinks but rain storms hit whilst we were there and there was no chance of getting somewhere else without a thorough soaking so we stayed put for food. Such a hardship!

I had 4 cosmos in total, Aaron had 2 vodka martinis, 1 JD honey & Miller Lite. Hic! To eat, we had a voucher for a free flatbread which was yum. We opted for teh Zinger one but changed the blue cheese for cheddar. For main course, I had the big red, Aaron had the pasta again and we also added the salad. It was all amazing! The bill came to $37 plus tip for the initial drinks & then $32 plus tip for the food.

Starbucks @ City Walk

A hazelnut late & a croissant for Aaron. I waited for something sweeter!

NBC Grill @ City Walk

I was craving a salad today so I opted for the chicken citrus salad while Aaron went for the bang bang chicken. Aaron had a Miller Lite & I had a tap water. The food was really nice, my salad was exactly what I was after, something lite but still full of flavour. The bill came to $34.33 plus tip.

Zebra Bar @ Rosen Inn

We were supposed to head to Millers for a couple of drinks but it was raining again so we stayed in the hotel. The drinks were cheap & the barman was lovely. A bit of a dull atmosphere though. I had 2 G&Ts, Aaron had 2 Millers and a vodka martini. The bill was $19.50

Boatwrights @ Port Orleans Riverside

This was a meal that we were meeting other Dibbers for, Jon (DapperDisNY), his wife Lisa & his sister Caitlin. I had never heard of the restaurant before it was mentioned for this trip but a quick look at the menu and I was on board (no pun intended)! We each had a Mai Tai and then for food I opted for the ribs and Aaron had the chicken and waffles. The others at the table had the chicken & waffles, the steak & the vegetarian jamblayer & it all looked really lovely. The cornbread was nice too but it just tastes like madera cake to me! Our bill came to $80 including a 20% tip.

abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 16, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
laalaa
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Looks fab! What else is in the hog box?
Old 16 May 16, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Port Orleans Riverside

We stayed for a couple of drinks in the hotel bar after dinner. I had 3 magical stars (I think thats what they were called), Aaron had 2 smoked turkeys, a bahama mama and a beer of some sort, Jon had 3 beers. The bill was $111 plus tip.

Asian Chao @ Florida Mall

Just a quick pit stop here during a shopping spree. They gave us a sample of the bourbon chicken and we were hooked! I had the orange chicken and beef with broccoli again, Aaron had the bourbon chicken and kung po chicken. It was really tasty as usual. Im not sure I want to know what additives / salt quantities go into the food at these fast food Chinese restaurants but they sure taste good! The cost was $21.69.

Cold Stone Creamery @ Florida Mall

I had a voucher for here and although it was only on my phone an aparently I was supposed to print it out the guy did it for us anyway. It was a bu one get one free on their like it, love it, or gotta have it ice cream tubs. we went for the middle size as it was only $0.11 more! I had cake batter & butter pecan mixed with gummy bears. Aaron had mint & chocolate ice cream with cookie dough mixed in. They were both huge & neither of us could finish them. $6.49.

Olive Garden @ International Drive

We had a 20 minute wait for a table here which meant we could have half price wine at the bar, well don;t mind if I do! A glass of Pinot for me while Aaron had a Bud Lite. $9. Food wise, we enjoyed the breadsticks and 2 lots of salad! Oooh soooo salty! I then went for the chicken parm lasagne, a limited time menu item and Aaron went for Nana's pot pie. They were both really good and we each made a pretty good dent! I had a voucher for a free dessert so we had the chocolate, caramel lasagne. Very nice! The food bill came to $30 plus tip.

The Old Sugar Mill @ DeLeon State Park

This was somewhere I had recommended to me here on the Dibb, its located at the natural Springs in DeLeon and its a unique place where you can cook your own pancakes on your table top griddle. We both had an orange juice and opted for the all you can eat pancakes. They bring a traditional batter & a wheat batter, both were amazing, The most delicious pancaked I have ever had! So hot & fresh. We also ordered eggs, bacon & sausage pattys. The meat came cooked but we did the eggs ourselves on the griddle. The bill came to 25.25 plus tip.

Jock Lindsays Hangar Bar @ Disney Springs

Just a few drinks here for us, a Sangria for me followed by a cocktail (Scottish something). Aaron had the 2 of the Scottish drinks and one Kirin Ichiban, our bill as $50 plus tip.

We met Jon, Lisa and Caitlin here again & they ordered food so I snuck a quick pic. I think it was tacos, sliders and pretzels, no idea on price though but it all looked yum!

Yep, again!

We had another free flatbread, I then had the Prime Rib & aaron had the mountain melt. Aaron had a large Miller Lite & I had a Diet Coke. The bill came to $37.69.

Taco Truck and Food Court in Springfield @ Universal Studios

Lunchtime snacks in Universal. We shared the steak tacos & the maple chicken waffle sandwich. Both really good, we went halves again. $23.

Teaks @ Times Square Ave

One of our favourites from last time. The service from the host wasn't great this time. We checked in and were told 10 minutes for a table and that there was only 1 table in front of us. I told her we would wait at the bar. 10 minutes pass, 15 mites pass, lots of other people are being seated. 25 minutes so I go an ask her if our table is nearly ready. She asks what table? I say we checked in 25 minutes ago, she claimed she looked everywhere for is & called our name, she did not as we had watched her the whole time. So annoying! We had driven here especially otherwise we would have left. Finally after another 15 minutes we got seated. Our waitress was ok but it was a very busy night being Friday and we felt a bit rushed. We had the pig & the donut burger again, both with garlic bistro fries. The burgers were great, the fries were nice but not as good as the garlic parmesan ones we had last time. We also wanted a desert but we got bought our check without the option. The bill was 31 plus tip. We would visit again but would avoid Friday / Saturday nights.

Level 11 @ Grand Plaza St Petes Beach

Another favourite from our last visit, the craft cocktail & bistro snack bar at our hotel. I had the mango & passionfruit coulis cocktail & Aaron had the Kahula one. Food wise we shared the pulled pork sliders and the hummous platter. Both were incredible an amazing value too! The bill came to $44.94 plus tip.

Bongos @ Grand Plaza St Petes Beach

While we waited for our table here, Aaron had a Mai Tai & I had a Sprite $11 plus tip. I then ordered the California burger and Aaron had chicken wings and fries. The food was really good, Aaron's portion of fries was absolutely enormous, he put a pretty decent dent in the but did have to fly the white flag eventually! We opted to share a dessert here and went for the Snickers Pie. The bill came to $43.82 which included a Miller Lite for Aaron.

Longhorn Steakhouse @ International Drive

Ooh this was a good one! The restaurant was packed when we arrived (we forgot it was Mothers Day)! so we had a 45 minute wait. We managed to get to the bar to grab drinks, I had Diet Coke & Aaron had a Miller Lite, the bill only had the Miller on but when I questioned it they said the Coke was on the house. We seem to be on a roll this trip with free drinks! $5.50 plus tip. Once at the table we looked at all the steaks on offer and decided to share the 30oz Poterhouse! It came with two sides so we went for a loaded jacket & broccoli. We also had a steak sauce, 2 lots of the gorgeous bread and a green salad each. It was magnificent! A definite highlight meal and we absolutely killed it! Aaron actually said he could have managed it on his own! The food cost $63 which included another Miller for Aaron. Slightly better value than the same steak at the Yachtsman which is $119 on its own!

Old 16 May 16, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
American Cookies @ Orlando 360

Aaron picked up a cheesecake brownie here. Oooh by it was amazing, one of the best treats I have ever tasted! $6 with a Diet Coke.

Buffalo Wild Wings @ Lake Buena Vista

Back to one of our favourite lunch spots! We had a voucher for a free sharable so we had the garlic mushrooms to start. I then had the burger & swapped my fries for cheese curds. Aaron had a small portion of spicy garlic wings with fries and we went halves with both. Such great food at amazing value! I think we had a Diet Coke each and the bill was $30.79 plus tip.

Snack @ Disney Springs

My favourite onsite snack, a Mickey head krispie cake with M&Ms! Drool. $6

Snack @ Disneys Beachclub

Another fave, on of their butter pecan milkshakes! We were too full to really have this but we couldn't resist! There was so much we were given it in two cups! $6

We were still pretty full from everything else we had eaten today so we just shared the combo fajitas and a salad. Really lovely again. Drinks wise, I had 2 cosmos, Aaron had 2 gin martinis & a Miller Lite. The bill was $43 plus tip.

Tin Roof @ Orlando 360

Just a drink each here, an Angry Orchard for me & a Yuengling Ale for Aaron. $7

Panda Express @ International Drive

We popped here for a quick lunch before hitting the parks as we had the free entree voucher. We shared a 3 plate with orange chicken, Beijing beef & kung po chicken and added a side of veg too. With a small refill drink it came to $12.

Snack @ Islands of Adventure

A standard size pink donut for me! Om nom nom! $2.50

Menchies Yogurt @ City Walk

One of our favourite snack spots, we filled a tup with cake batter, Nutella & vanilla fro yo & topped it with an array of yummyness! Cookie Dough, gummy bears, Oreo, warm liquid marshmallow, caramel, brownies ect.. $6,50.

Margarittaville @ City Walk

We started off with a strawberry lemonade & an Incommunicado & then shared the pretzle sticks for lunch. Sooo good! Super soft & salty! $25.43 plus tip.

Old 16 May 16, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews

Just a couple of drinks each here. 2 gin martinis for Aaron and 2 cosmos for me. Totally different depending on who makes them $20.09 plus tip.

Bahama Breeze @ International Drive

We met some friends here for dinner but I felt a bit weird photographing there food so I only have the photos of ours. We both had an ultimate pina colada, I then went for the lighter portion Chipotle beef bowl which was incredible! Aaron had a burger. $45 plus tip.

Snack @ ESPN Invictus Games Food Cart

I popped out half way through the swimming finals as we were getting peckish. There were various options from hot dogs, burgers, chilli fries ect but I got pulled into the burrito stand! I went for the pulled pork & pineapple burrito. Aaron was happy with my chopice when I got it back to him & it was mega tasty! $10

Snack @ ESPN Invictus Games Food Cart

Frozen lemonade! So refreshing in the heat! $6

Snack @ ESPN Invictus Games

A freebee on our way our, a Mickey head brownie! Not bad but cheap cheap chocolate that had melted in the heat! Who turns down free Mickey food though!? Not me

Cuba Libre @ Pointe Orlando

We hit up Happy Hour here again & I cannot recommend it enough, The barman that seems to always be there is great & the $4 Sangrias go down so well! We also grabbed a snack from the $5 menu too, pineapple guacamole with plantain chips. Oooh my, what can I say about this. probably the nest snack we had all trip! We also got given some amazing bread too which was divine! Great, great value and we were gutted we only went on our last day else we would have been back a few times over the two weeks! We had 9 sangrias between us but he only charged us for 3 each saying the rest were on him, the total bill came to $30 and we left a really good tip. So good.

Ohana @ Disney's Polynesian Resort

You have all seen this one before & I seem to have got so excited at the prospect of meat that I forgot to take photos! It was super yummy & the biggest bonus was watching Wishes I had a pommegranite lemonade & Aaron had a Diet Coke. That dessert too.. $80

Hash House a Go Go @ International Drive

Our last meal of the trip had to be a good one! This is on of our faves. The food is great, & the portions enormous! I had a tap water, Aaron had a Diet Coke. I went for the chicken and waffles and Aaron went for the sage fried chicken salad. Both dishes were huge, Aaron's was served in what would be used in normal circumstances as a serving bowl and mine had 4 full size waffles & 2 enormous chicken breasts! We did our best but failed miserably. It definitely set us up for the journey home though! $37 plus tip.

Plane

We both took that plane food, me for the cheese & biscuits & Aaron for the main event, I would love to tell you what it was on offer but I have no clue, answers on a postcard!

There was also an English muffin served in the morning, it resembled a McD's one and I couldn't resist! Not the best looking breaky but it filled a hole!

Red herring entry... food left for us my my incredible mother in law for when we got home!

And that's that! We certainly made the most of what was on offer and had no complains with any food on the whole trip. The service was also great in general with only a few hicups. Hope you're not too hungry now

Main trippy will be along shortly.

Edited at 12:15 AM.
Old 16 May 16, 12:49 AM  
Link to this Post
pamela1960
VIP Dibber

Great report and pics.
2 Twin with Jack & Jill bathroom
Games Room
Pool Spa
Free calls & wifi
Disney only 6 miles
Not back to back.
'Head & shoulders above any other villa owners we have used'
Kev Green
DIBB REVIEWS
Villa Licence DWE6314545

GUEST BOOK
PHOTOS
WEBSITE & VIDEO

George & Pamela
E: heronvilla@me.com
T: 07717 840979
pamela1960 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 16, 07:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

Mobile

All looks amazing. Thanks for sharing.

Port Orleans Riverside ~ Oct 2012
Hard Rock Hotel (no Disney!) ~ Aug 2016
New York, Sheraton NY Times Square ~ Feb 2017
Santorini, Dana Villas ~ Aug 2017
Yacht Club ~ Sept 2018
Caribbean Cruise, P&O ~ Mar 2019
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2022 & May 2023
Drury Plaza (first adults only trip!) ~ Aug 2024

Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 16, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Thanks for sharing. Your meals look lovely and all photographed so well. Your MIL sounds fab...all that healthy food after all the yummy treats !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 16, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

Fab report, thank you. Omg I'm so hungry now