Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 1 May 19, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

:) Springtime in Paris and DLP part 2

Finally found time to do the next part of my recent trip, it's a bit a bit of a long one, sorry!

So the 4 of us took an RER train to Disneyland, think it was about 7 or 8 euros and 15 stops to get there. We were booked into Sequoia Lodge hotel for 3 nights. Once we arrived, we decided to get the resort bus to the hotel. Bit of a wait in the cold wind but got there eventually!

Bags had to go through hotel security and then we tried to check in, however, as it was part of a group booking, then we had to go to the other reception building and go through security again! Finally sorted and given a room on the 2nd floor, themed with Bambi and friends.

We had a Hunter's Grill dinner reservation for the Sun evening, so we decided to visit the Disney Village area, browsing the shops for potential purchases. Several items earmarked, we then got back to the restaurant. We were seated quite quickly, we decided just to order water to drink to save a bit of money, the meal I think was €35.99. I don't think our server was very pleased as she didn't explain anything or really speak to us throughout the meal.
There was a huge amount of choice on various islands, hot and cold meats, salmon, vegetable lasagne with plenty of potato dishes, rice, veg and salads. So many desserts available too which were delicious, alongwith Cornettos and chocolate apples. We all really enjoyed this meal despite the cost. On the way back to the room, my friends tried the drink vending machine, we could have 1 drink each a day. They quite liked the hot hazelnut chocolate ones.

Monday morning, we had an early breakfast in the hotel restaurant, (this was included in the price of the hotel). We loved the varied selections available, we all had cooked breakfasts, followed by the breads and pastries which were amazingly tasty. There were also cheeses and cold meats too. I had fruit salad (fresh pieces of fruit were available too) but the others had yoghurts as well.

Tummies full, we walked to Disneyland Park for the extra morning hour. It was amazing to see the pink castle again as it was 10 years since I'd lst visited. First stop was Peter Pan, then Buzz where I was quite happy with my 81,800 score! Next up was BTM where we also picked up a FP for later.
Managed to ride the following: Pirates, Casey Jones, BTM fp, Liberty Belle before a picnic lunch, then Philharmagic, IASW, Pinocchio and walked through Sleeping Beauty's castle with the Dragon.

We didn't really us the FP system as the queues weren't too bad for what we wanted to do. We quite liked the mix of English and French languages on some bits. We found a spot to watch the parade at 5.30pm, bit of a struggle to see as kids on parents shoulders... !

We left the park to get dinner, the selection being Annette's Diner. Had to queue for a table but eventually seated. Food was good and service not bad despite it being very busy. It was here that we received news about the fire at Notre Dame. We were all shocked by this news as we'd walked past there 24hrs previously, at this stage we didn't know how bad it was. Meals finished, quite reasonably priced, we walked back to SL where chilled for a bit before heading back to Disneyland Park.

We did Buzz (207,600 this time!) and Pirates before getting a spot for the fireworks. We didn't get a great view as it was so busy but we managed okay, loved the water effects which I hadn't realised would happen. The mix again of French and English was good and there were a few tears shed with the children belting out Frozen in French.

Tue morning, had another early breakfast before getting to the Studios. Plan was to do Crushe's ride first but it already had a 30 min wait and it then transpired my friends couldn't do the ride anyway, huh! So, I did Tower of Terror and then we met for Slinky Dog. We then got in the queue for the Backlot tram ride which I can't believe is still going. It is so dated that I wished I hadn't bothered and should have done Crush instead. Next up was Ratatouille which I'd not done before, I did the single rider line and it was a fun ride but once was enough. It was now time for the Driving Stunt Show so we found good seats, ahd hot drinks and snacks. Although this has been around along time it was still very good, very cleverly done.

Afterwards we split up again, they did Stitch while I did the Parachute ride, single rider, which I enjoyed as it wasn't open earlier. The Studios were really busy, long queues everywhere. I seemed to miss the Avengers Show but literally bumped into Thor and Loki as they walked behind me! We all met up again to watch Magician Mickey Show. This was really good, loved the music and all the characters that appeared. By this time we'd had enough and left to go back into the main Park.

We had a quick drink and an ice cream before going to the Xmas shop, Snow White and IASW again. It was almost parade time so we headed to Cafe Hyperion instead, it was fairly empty. I did really well as I'd ordered the fish burger meal, 13.99 I think. I was told it would be 4 minutes, so my friends got their meals and I waited and chatted to the English CM, who offered me a free coffee, still waiting, she then gave me a packet of cakes which I coudn't eat, so I had a free fruit salad instead, result yahoo! I did get the fish burger and chips which were good.

We were tired by now, so headed back to SL with a view to go back for the fireworks. We played cards for a bit and then packed our cases. We'd arranged with reception to be allowed into breakfast at 6.50am as our train left early. We also checked on our way back to the Park, that we would be able to get through to the Railway Station at 7.20am which was fine. Having walked back into the Park, it then started to rain and we called it a night, wandering back through the shops for those last minute gifts.

Wed morning, we managed, with a slight hassle to get our really early breakfast, mostly cold foods, cereals and pastries, but that was fine. We checked out and walked through the eeriely quiet Village to the Station. We'd previosly booked (£16 each) the 7.49am TGV train to CDG airport which was perfect, it took 12 minutes.

Checked in with Flybe/Air France who decided 2 of our cases had to go in the hold but not on the way out(?)! Everything was okay until we were sat on board, we were then counted and recounted several times thus missing our departure slot. Sat there for 30 mins then spent 30 mins travelling down every taxi way imaginable. In all we were an hour late taking off!

That's it for now, I'll try and put up some photos on a 3rd thread (once I've learnt how to do it) and my reflections of this short trip.
Thanks for reading, hope it's helped people with their future plans!
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 19, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

You certainly know how to pack a lot in! You managed to get on plenty of rides.
If I find a 30 minute queue for Crush, I’ll definitely wait in it - that one is usually a nightmare!

I hadn’t realised there were quite as many stops to reach DLP. We are travelling to Gare du Nord on the Eurostar but then need to take the RER to DLP. All part of the fun I suppose.
Glad you had a good trip. Thanks for sharing.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List