Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 22 Nov 19, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
SunbreezeFL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
We saw both Viaggio and Sonor (might have the names slightly wrong) Viaggio was the better in our opinion. Sonor had a very long section of drumming which I didn't really enjoy.
I agree definitely Viaggio and we just had the cocktail those having dinner just ate before the show in the theatre which didn’t appeal to us at all.

OP- Another thing to think about we had late dining which was 8pm (which suited us fine) but met a few couples on early dining which was 5.15 for them and way too early
SunbreezeFL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by SunbreezeFL View Post
I agree definitely Viaggio and we just had the cocktail those having dinner just ate before the show in the theatre which didn’t appeal to us at all.

OP- Another thing to think about we had late dining which was 8pm (which suited us fine) but met a few couples on early dining which was 5.15 for them and way too early
Yeah they put us on 5.15, way too early! We ate in the buffet mostly. In the future we'll only cruise with lines that offer anytime dining (and I mean without having a buy an expensive experience package/fancy cabin like you have to get anytime on msc)
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

We did viaggio with cocktails, brilliant show well worth doing
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 19, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Just_Pete
Excited about Disney

I have requested early dining. I'm generally an MDR kinda guy with maybe two (for a 7 day cruise) additional charge meals if there's something on board that appeals to me.

But as this will be my first time cruising with kids and my sister has a veritable litter with 5 of them, I think it will more likely a few nice family meals in the MDR at whatever time they assign us and maybe a few big tuck ins at the Buffet.

We have one of the 15 year olds who it pains me to watch eat as she is SO fussy, and I was exactly the same at her age, and have come so far with my palate so just want to see her doing the same, and then one of the 10 year olds who is currently claiming he's a vegetarian (who eats chicken nuggets). So I can see the freedom of the buffet appealing to them.

Do any of you recall if there is a Cirque every night?
Just_Pete is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 19, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Just_Pete View Post
I have requested early dining. I'm generally an MDR kinda guy with maybe two (for a 7 day cruise) additional charge meals if there's something on board that appeals to me.

But as this will be my first time cruising with kids and my sister has a veritable litter with 5 of them, I think it will more likely a few nice family meals in the MDR at whatever time they assign us and maybe a few big tuck ins at the Buffet.

We have one of the 15 year olds who it pains me to watch eat as she is SO fussy, and I was exactly the same at her age, and have come so far with my palate so just want to see her doing the same, and then one of the 10 year olds who is currently claiming he's a vegetarian (who eats chicken nuggets). So I can see the freedom of the buffet appealing to them.

Do any of you recall if there is a Cirque every night?
I think they did have it every night on our cruise, they did one show for a few days and then switched to the other. Book in advance as it's cheaper, but even if you do you still need to go and reserve a night/time once on board.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List