Old 20 Oct 19, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
I love a surprise, I’m going to have to keep it a secret too!
at the moment it's fairly easy for me to keep the secret as no one is interested in what's going to happen in Orlando next summer. I started to talk to Dave about Orlando earlier today and he said, we've got ages til we need to talk about this. Ok then.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
It's going to be an epic trip, even if I do say so myself!

We have 22 nights, of which the first 2 nights are not sorted so I'm thinking of copying you and doing Rosen or something similar on I drive, unless I score a very cheap couple of nights at unviersal for the express passes. To be honest this is an outside chance of a plan as the first day is travel day and we don't get to Orlando until gone 7pm so it would be a waste of the express passes so I am favouring I drive.

Then we have the 14 nights DDP at CBR. This is locked in. When I first booked it I though of seeing if I could upgrade for a deluxe but I'm just not fussed and I love CBR, plus OB1 is there at the same time and I am really looking forward to meeting up with her again. I'm a proper stalker . I upgraded to 21 day tickets but didn't want to extend the CBR stay as I wanted to try out DVC rental.

So, then we have 3 nights at Boardwalk inn villas, which are mostly for me as I wanted to stay within walking distance of a park. This only got confirmed Friday evening and I've only told 1 person about this, not even the people I live with! So this is going to be a surpirse.

Then we have 3 nights at animal kingdom villas. This is for Max, only two people know about this, so you really do need to keep it under wraps He has his GCSEs next summer so I'm saying it's all for him But really we all know the truth. In 2018 when I did the reveal for POR royal room he was really hoping it would be AKL. So this year is his surprise.

Can you tell I've been waiting to share my secret? I'm so excited. I'm grateful you asked!
Sounds awesome, I love a wee hotel hop! No wonder you are excited - Epcot Hotels are amazing for location. Are you in kidani or Jambo house, I love it there too.

What date are you heading over? I bet it’s after we are back again...

2 nights in idrive would be a nice cheap start for you. We’ve not booked our first 2 nights for summer yet either but I’m thinking of using my Avios points. Was it Rosen inn international you stayed a couple of years ago? We also looked at some of the offsite Disney springs hotels, maybe that would another option? Although a couple of nights at universal would be good too, what about endless summer or Aventura is good if you can get an APH rate.

We are at universal, RPR club level for a week and then the Rosen Pointe Orlando for 10 nights so no Disney at all (yet &#128521. Wondering if there’s a chance of after hours at HS although probably not.
Old 20 Oct 19, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Sounds awesome, I love a wee hotel hop! No wonder you are excited - Epcot Hotels are amazing for location. Are you in kidani or Jambo house, I love it there too.

What date are you heading over? I bet it’s after we are back again...

2 nights in idrive would be a nice cheap start for you. We’ve not booked our first 2 nights for summer yet either but I’m thinking of using my Avios points. Was it Rosen inn international you stayed a couple of years ago? We also looked at some of the offsite Disney springs hotels, maybe that would another option? Although a couple of nights at universal would be good too, what about endless summer or Aventura is good if you can get an APH rate.

We are at universal, RPR club level for a week and then the Rosen Pointe Orlando for 10 nights so no Disney at all (yet &#128521. Wondering if there’s a chance of after hours at HS although probably not.
I have no idea what bit of AKL we are in I guess I should check that out. It has all linked to MDE though so I know it's kosher. I'm thinking I will save my pennies with the first two nights as I'm hoping we might be able to book up MNSSHP as we've never been. Our dates are 26th July to August 16th so I imagine we'll just miss you.

We stayed at Rosen Inn international in 2017. I'd happily go back as there are so many restaurants on the doorstep and e we could have I hop, Perkins, Dennys for breakfast and yummy Longhorns for dinner.

I'm thinking we should hire a car and go to the coast at some point as we've never done that, but then we could always do that in 2021

Plus, and this is proper top secret, the universal annual passes have been bugging me and burning a hole in my pocket and I've been looking at February half term. At the moment though flights are around £400 each indirect and as we only paid £480 for next summer I want better than that.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

I have no idea what bit of AKL we are in I guess I should check that out. It has all linked to MDE though so I know it's kosher. I'm thinking I will save my pennies with the first two nights as I'm hoping we might be able to book up MNSSHP as we've never been. Our dates are 26th July to August 16th so I imagine we'll just miss you.

We stayed at Rosen Inn international in 2017. I'd happily go back as there are so many restaurants on the doorstep and e we could have I hop, Perkins, Dennys for breakfast and yummy Longhorns for dinner.

I'm thinking we should hire a car and go to the coast at some point as we've never done that, but then we could always do that in 2021

Plus, and this is proper top secret, the universal annual passes have been bugging me and burning a hole in my pocket and I've been looking at February half term. At the moment though flights are around £400 each indirect and as we only paid £480 for next summer I want better than that.
Woo. We are 8th - 15th. I just booked Aventura for £619 for a week with BA. We are the same with the annual passes. When is your half term? Plus you’ll get Mardi Gras!
Old 20 Oct 19, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Woo. We are 8th - 15th. I just booked Aventura for £619 for a week with BA. We are the same with the annual passes. When is your half term? Plus you’ll get Mardi Gras!
You're a week ahead of us, our half term is 15th to 22nd. Shame xx

Old 20 Oct 19, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

You're a week ahead of us, our half term is 15th to 22nd. Shame xx
We’ll wave at the airport!

Fingers crossed you get a good deal for that. I couldn’t believe the price of Aventura, I cancelled my APH rate and went for BA.
Old 31 Oct 19, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Ah another fun day. Shame about the pesky rain .
Nice that you saw so many of the animals and the trails are really good fun.
Lol how did you manage the food at Hoop Dec Doo after the kitchen sink ?
So funny about your Dad there, good sport for joining in. He is really embracing the spirit!
Really nice to have mixed it up a bit today.
WileyCoyote is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 19, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
We’ll wave at the airport!

Fingers crossed you get a good deal for that. I couldn’t believe the price of Aventura, I cancelled my APH rate and went for BA.
Sorry for the tardy reply I'm seeing indirect flights for around £400, which is more than I want to pay really as we paid less than £500 for next summer in tge hols, so I was hopefuly there would be bargains in Feb. Direct is off the scale. I guess all school hols are expensive and it doesn't matter what time of year it is. So, it's sort of on the back burner really

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Ah another fun day. Shame about the pesky rain .
Nice that you saw so many of the animals and the trails are really good fun.
Lol how did you manage the food at Hoop Dec Doo after the kitchen sink ?
So funny about your Dad there, good sport for joining in. He is really embracing the spirit!
Really nice to have mixed it up a bit today.
I thought we'd seen the last of the rain the day before as it was a lovely day at HS, but the rain was back.

Well, I only had the one bowl and a small top up of the ice cream. Max has got hollow legs now, so he can always eat! I wouldn't recommend it just before going to HDD.

Poor Dad, he didn't really know where to look. It was funny for the rest of us though.

Old 4 Dec 19, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I'm back in business!

I think Nik would have a heart attack if he saw the plan for today.

I have a new appreciation of Na’vi River Journey this year. I think our first time we had too high expectations but now we knew what to expect we enjoyed it, we actually thought more so than Smuggler’s Run. I never got any story either.

I’d love to walk over the bridges on the River Trek, I’d pretend I was on I’m a Celebrity.

Nice group shots in Beaches and Cream. We could never even attempt the Kitchen Sink although I’d like too. I can’t cope with all the things mixed together, I’d eat a Brownie and some cream then I would be done. Max is super human, how could anyone eat 7 bowls of ice cream1?

You are so right about not having to always be doing rides, I think we went a good few days at one point this year not actually doing a ride and we didn’t even notice.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I'm back in business!

I think Nik would have a heart attack if he saw the plan for today.

I have a new appreciation of Na’vi River Journey this year. I think our first time we had too high expectations but now we knew what to expect we enjoyed it, we actually thought more so than Smuggler’s Run. I never got any story either.

I’d love to walk over the bridges on the River Trek, I’d pretend I was on I’m a Celebrity.

Nice group shots in Beaches and Cream. We could never even attempt the Kitchen Sink although I’d like too. I can’t cope with all the things mixed together, I’d eat a Brownie and some cream then I would be done. Max is super human, how could anyone eat 7 bowls of ice cream1?

You are so right about not having to always be doing rides, I think we went a good few days at one point this year not actually doing a ride and we didn’t even notice.
Poor Nik, he would hate holidaying with me as I'd make him get up early, out the door in less than an hour and we odnt stop for breakfast until after 10am and we've done plenty of rides. I'm not even exaggerating!

Wow, Na'vi River was better than Smugglers Run, I won't tell Dave as I'm trying to sell the next trip to him with the idea of the new star wars stuff. Not that he has much choice about whether we go again next year, but I would like him to look forward to it.

I've no idea how Max managed 7 bowls of ice cream. But lucky he did really as I didn't fancy it after the first bowl. At least he wasn't sick though.