Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 13 Nov 19, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Our main tree usually goes up the 1st/1st weekend of dec though last year it was a little earlier.
Youngest has had his mini tree up in his rooms since September as soon as the xmas stock starts appearing in the shops he starts asking when can we put the tree up so having one in his room in a compromise. He has asd and doesn't really understand the whole waiting thing so I figure if it makes him happy who cares what anyone else thinks? Which is why we did it early last year too.

Dd put her tree up at the weekend - She was rearranging her room and wanted to see how it would look/fit. Ds saw it and he insisted on decorating it too she was really good an let him do it so again figured as its done no point taking it down again - granted it needs adjusting as his tree decorating skills are not great but now she has time to do it gradually so he doesn't notice so much.
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Mines going up on the 7th I believe. As this is the only day we are all home together
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Would have been 1 Dec but we are ripping out our bedroom on 5th so it will go up early as in 24 Nov .
Old 13 Nov 19, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

I haven't got a clue when ours will go up but it will be as early as possible in December because I've just purchased all new for front room and can't wait, minimal in there this year, twig tree and a few special decorations, twig garland and similar bits and bobs, middle room same as last year which I love and as lilly has a new bedroom she also wants her own tree... Unicorn and llama themed... Well today it is by time she gets home she mightve changed her mind on theme lol
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Mobile

I am itching to do mine this year but will wait till 1st Dec.
Old 13 Nov 19, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We're always away for Christmas so we no longer put ours up.My middle son though sent me these in the middle of October 😲🎄He used to always say mine went up too early the last weekend in November,but since he bought his own place his tree is always up in October,he loves it being up and it's not harming anyone,must admit seeing it did make me feel all Christmassy.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
BlueMacaw
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Mine will be going up on the first of December!
BlueMacaw is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

Usually the 1st weekend in Dec so will be putting ours up on 30th Nov this year as I’m at work all day on Sunday 1st. Really excited as I’ve bought all Disney/Harry Potter Decs for the tree this year and can’t wait to get them up!
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickeys Mrs
Imagineer

Mine will be going up 25th November as the husband and I do it together but due to his shift work it wont be until the week before Christmas otherwise and I don't want to wait that long.

DLP 2002 & 2010
WDW 2003, 2006, 2009, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2022, 2023 (solo trip) & 2024
Mickeys Mrs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Usually as early as I can get away with it! But this year I have a good excuse - we will be in Disney for the first 2 weeks of December, so that's my excuse for hauling the tree out of the loft as soon as we can.

It was supposed to be the weekend just gone, but an emergency tripped electrical switch that knocked out the boiler and left us feeling like Eskimos for 2 days put paid to that! Fingers crossed for this weekend …….