Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 18 Nov 19, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Prague or Berlin ?

Thinking of going to either Prague or Berlin for dds 18th Birthday, it’s only going to be dh, myself and her. I asked if she thought it would be boring but she said no she likes going with just us! Her brothers not keen on coming, which one would you choose and why? thank you lovely dibbers
Old 18 Nov 19, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkstargirl
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I've not been to Prague but went to Berlin in June and loved it. Thought there was a lot to do, it depends what you like to do as well but I did a free walking tour and the company - Sandemans - do many other tours as well that are paid.
pinkstargirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Originally Posted by pinkstargirl View Post
I've not been to Prague but went to Berlin in June and loved it. Thought there was a lot to do, it depends what you like to do as well but I did a free walking tour and the company - Sandemans - do many other tours as well that are paid.
I was a bit worried Berlin is Hitler museums and graveyards, which dh would love. I wouldn’t like it or dd, what fun things are there to do?
Old 18 Nov 19, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

It’s not all doom and gloom.
They have a ho ho bus which is great for getting your bearings, great shopping including a fantastic Christmas shop open all year round.
Berlin zoo is fantastic, the Dom is beautiful.
Lots of galleries and biergartens.
We love it .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 19, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
I was a bit worried Berlin is Hitler museums and graveyards, which dh would love. I wouldn’t like it or dd, what fun things are there to do?
My husband and my son choose it for their 50th and 21st. We went on March last year and it was fab.

By that times I had two painful knees and difficulty walk so I let them go walking 4 hrs tours and they said very good.

I went on the boat tour around which was nice

We went to Charliepoint which was good and I like one museum inside huge story with show you about story build up walls without warning. Oh I feel emotional to read some the story. Outside look like huge ball I cannot remember name of museum It is in Charliepoint.

(I would go back again in Berlin as my knee both had been replacement. I walked lots and much better no more pains)

My son love it very much as he love the history.

I am sure you will enjoy it
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 19, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
Are you interested in history at all?
Old 26 Nov 19, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
Are you interested in history at all?
My husband is more than me, dd is doing A level history. We are thinking maybe Munich now
Old 27 Nov 19, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Munich is really nice too but I still prefer Berlin, I reckon I could live there
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 19, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Mobile

Berlin.
More things to do than Prague for most visitors.
Prague lovely too.

Copenhagen, Krakow, Budapest, Vienna.

All very appealing at this time of year but Berlin is my favourite. It's also the best value when you compare flights, hotels, etc ?
Pino_Spetzberg is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 19, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

We were in Prague last February and it was lovely. The food and drink was brilliant and it was just beautiful. The Jewish Quarter was fantastic to walk around in. We just loved it! We are thinking either Krakow or Budapest in Feb next year.
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List