Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 27 Nov 19, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
daffodil92
Imagineer

I’ve just booked. Nothing at all on 24th but got 7-8pm on 23rd. That’s fine because I never trust them to bring everything so I still have Christmas Eve to pick up anything they forget. Interesting to see those of you who tried at midnight still couldn’t get Christmas Eve. I wonder if they don’t actually deliver Christmas Eve?
I thought you had to put in a minimum of £40 to reserve a slot so I put a bottle of champagne in. After reading this thread I changed it to bananas - less damage done if I forget to amend the order on time! 🤣

Edited at 07:57 AM.
daffodil92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 19, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
SuziQz
VIP Dibber

Yep, I was up a midnight with my random shop so I could book my slot. It look 30 mins of error/you’re in a queue/down for maint (website has crashed ) before I got through to the time slots. By that time all of 24th had gone, as had 23rd up to 7pm Decided to book click and collect 8 - 10 am on 23rd in the end. No click and collect available on 24th. Don’t know if that’s because they’ve all gone or because the shop will be manic they don’t want too many pickers clogging up the aisles. At least I’ll already be out and about if anything is unavailable so can pop into M&S or Sainsburys. Just glad I’m on leave by then. Crazy that their website can’t cope with the demand though, it’s not like it’s the 1st year they’ve done this.
2019 DCL - Northern Europe
2020 YC/HRH - delayed to 2022
2021 DCL - 4 night Staycation
2022 YC/HRH v2!, 2023 DCL - Alaska
2024 DCL - Spain
SuziQz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 19, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
I'm now thinking I'm the only one daft enough to be going to the shops

Never done home delivery.
No, I will be going too.
I’ve never done a delivery shop for Christmas as I’m always worried they might not have some vital thing and I will be left without it. Our nearest Asda had no carrots or sprouts last Christmas and I had to get them from elsewhere!
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 19, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by BONDY LAD View Post
Do you mean one near Xmas? I can only get to 17th dec?
I got 23rd Dec (which is what I wanted as we eat on Christmas Eve evening!) 👍

I was online at 12am & already had an order in ready to swap dates, I got straight to the change slot screen and it was already saying every morning slot for 23rd was full, and so I selected the next earliest time (2-3pm) - it then went to a queueing screen for 10 mins, which then changed to a ‘this site is down for maintenance’! - thought that was it so I closed it down and then 5 mins later I thought I’d give it another go and went to the queueing screen for another 10 mins, then I went to my order thinking that I’d be too late for a 23rd Dec slot by then, but it must of already allocated me one in the queue at 12.01am as I didn’t need to reselect it, it just said ‘checkout to confirm changes and was showing as 23/12!) - rubbish half an hour or so, but got there in the end - but who managed to get the morning slots is anyone’s guess!

Edited at 08:22 AM.
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 19, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
disneylover43
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 158
Booked mine when I got up at 6.30. Managed to get 5-6pm on the 23rd, which gives me time to get anything not delivered.
Old Key West August 2012
Port Orleans Riverside August 2014
NY/HRH and Beach Club July/Aug 2016
disneylover43 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 19, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

I didn't, I booked my slot this morning for the Sunday.
Old 27 Nov 19, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

I didn't either... so booked this morning - latest availability was 11am-12 on Saturday 21 - bit rubbish really. Heigh/ho...
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 19, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by archibald View Post
Are they showing as unavailable because you already have a click and collect booked for that day? Have you tried logging in again and changing your slot?
I didn't think of that at the time but all three days were showing as unavailable at 12:45 a.m. so I assumed I'd somehow missed the boat. I'll be off that day so 8 a.m. click and collect will do.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 19, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
I'm now thinking I'm the only one daft enough to be going to the shops

Never done home delivery.
And me! 🤷🤦
Old 27 Nov 19, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
... but who managed to get the morning slots is anyone’s guess!
First choice of 10am
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List