Old 27 Nov 19, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We are the Millers - Let's do Halloween! Sept/Oct 2019. Day 10

We woke at 8am again and spent about 2 hours packing everything up before heading to Disney Springs one last time. We had a wonder but didn’t buy anything much apart form a little Moana set for Edith from World of Disney.

We did get a couple of Photopass pics done in the studio area.

We head over to Millers at LBV next as Aaron was very unimpressed that we had only managed one visit so far. I had the big red, Laura the chicken BLT, Aaron the Cajun chicken pasta & Edith had her normal mac & cheese. I completely forgot to take food photos!

We head to the airport just after 1pm and drove to Sanford stopping for fuel on the way. We checked in ok and we in weight which was fab. They are SO strict at the Tui check in desk. We killed time waiting for the flight by having a quick look in Duty Free where Aaron bought some orange Patron tequila. Edith was looking at the planes for most of the time and riding her Trunkie for the rest.

We boarded on time & took of 15 minutes late. The flight was pretty uneventful. I watched Arrival and some New Girl episodes. Edith wasn’t as settled as on the flight over but she was still pretty good considering her age, she didn’t have a wink of sleep through. When we came to land, we had a bit of a nightmare. The plane dipped quite quickly & she didn’t like the feeling of it. We then had to strap her into her own seat which she was not happy about. On the flight over she had been on our lap as she was still only 1, as she turned 2 the day we landed in the UK, she had to sit in her own seat for landing. She was absolutely beside herself and screamed and kicked for the full 20 minutes that it took to land. Aaron and I were both trying to comfort her but she was distraught, it was absolutely horrible. Once the wheels touched ground I was naughty & did unbuckle her so I could cuddle her. She was breathing so fast and couldn’t catch her breath, I held her tight and soothed her and all of a sudden she fell fast asleep.

We disembarked the plane and had a 20+ minute walk to baggage claim. We grabbed Laura a wheelchair as we got off the plane as her feet had swollen and I managed to place Edith on her lap where she stayed asleep. I was so thankful I didn’t have to carry her the whole way, it was a mission.

We got our bags quite quickly & head over to the meet & greet car park to collect the car. It was flat as a pancake. What a nightmare. Aaron went to try & sort that out while I used the key to enter the car, climbed through to the boot & managed to open it from within so I could load the bags. After about 15 minutes the airport breakdown car gave us a jump & we could get on our way. We tried to get Edith into her car seat without waking her but she woke and had another meltdown. We set off anyway and I sat in the back with her trying to calm her down. After about 15 minutes she dropped off again & slept the whole way home. We got home at 8.30am after dropping Laura off. We crashed into bed & slept until 2pm when we forced ourselves up so we could try and reset our body clocks!

Edited at 09:59 PM.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List