Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 28 Nov 19, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Will_H
Excited about Disney

Early Morning Magic - Ticketed Event

Hey Folks

Just wanted some opinions please

Me and my Family are booked and ready for an Easter Break in Florida next year.And on our very first full day at the park,its early magic hours.Wondering whether its worth taking the hit money wise and booking it to make the first day as great and magical as possible

To give some more info,we will be arriving in Florida around 9 at night after a day of travelling,and we have always planned the first day in Magic Kingdom to be a half day,so we can get some food in at wallmart then relax by the Pool in afternoon.I have two little girls (7 / 5 years old ) who would love fantasyland

My thinking is that,we will be up early and wont have any food at the Villa,so why not hit the park early and have breakfast after... the main sticking point is paying £280-300 for the privilege for an hours run at Fantasyland and breakfast.It Seems extremely expensive but can totally see the attraction.We will be at Disney for full 14 days,so not the last chance to get the fastpasses we want,im just conscious of the queues and making the most of the first day.

just wanted some thoughts from folks and some experiences of the event

thanks

Will_H is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 19, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Jelkat
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

We did it and loved it. Got all rides open during the event done (some a few times)also met the 2 princesses with zero wait - literally only ones there, at 9 ish we went and did barnstormer, dumbo followed by aerial ride. At 9:40 we went for the breakfast, which was loads. We felt it was well worth it
Jelkat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post

I have toyed with the idea, just cant decide if it is worth the expense it for an hour, it is being held on our first day too. But it is only seven rides open, neither Barnstormer nor Dumbo are open during the event according to the website, perhaps it has changed since PP went.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Personally I wouldn’t however we stay onsite and don’t have to worry about the harder to get FP so there’s no attraction for us. I think it could be worth it to get on rides like Peter Pan and 7 Dwarfs Mine Train for example.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Jelkat
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I have toyed with the idea, just cant decide if it is worth the expense it for an hour, it is being held on our first day too. But it is only seven rides open, neither Barnstormer nor Dumbo are open during the event according to the website, perhaps it has changed since PP went.
No they aren't on it but open at 9 for park opening. There are no qs as everyone is going to the bigger rides so we were able to smash them out b4 breakfast. We then had our fps for other side from 11onwards, pirates, btm & jungle cruise. We did haunted mansion and tales with belle on way over.
Jelkat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Will_H
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Jelkat View Post
No they aren't on it but open at 9 for park opening. There are no qs as everyone is going to the bigger rides so we were able to smash them out b4 breakfast. We then had our fps for other side from 11onwards, pirates, btm & jungle cruise. We did haunted mansion and tales with belle on way over.
thank you for all your responses,that was my plan too

As we are staying offsite,i think it may benefit us fast pass wise to book it up

how quickly do they sell out? just wondering when i need to book the event
Will_H is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Jelkat
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by Will_H View Post
how quickly do they sell out? just wondering when i need to book the event
We went during an "off peak" time so wasn't too busy. We booked about 2 mths before but not sure about them selling out or anything
Old 29 Nov 19, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We did the toystory land one and felt it as worth it- The times goes quickly but you can squeeze lots in. It sounds like a lovely way to start the holiday.
Our tradition is to get a PPO BOG reservation for 8am then sneak a ride on SWMT at opening. We are on site and the dining plan makes this a great way to start the holiday

It is great to knock out a few smaller rides at 9am while everyone is queuing for the headliners then use your fast passes for the other headliners later. We also try and do the parade on day one just before we collapse from jet lag and head out.

SWMT is a hard fast pass if you are off site and one of our favorites so I think I'd go for it.
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

If I was staying offsite I would do it...

Don't see the point if staying onsite...
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 19, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
kingphil
slightly serious Dibber

We did the Early Morning Magic on our third full day and really enjoyed it.

Yes, I know it's an extra expense and slightly more now than we paid back in April, but would do it again in a heartbeat.

Whilst the event runs from 7.45am, you really need to be parked up and at the main entrance of MK (not TTA) by 7.30am to 'check in' and receive your Early Morning Magic wristband.

There are a lot more people there than you would think, as everyone with ADR's and also the early risers are also waiting to get in. As soon as it hits 7.45am (and not a minute earlier), they start to let everyone in, so sadly you don't get the empty Main Street photo you were perhaps hoping for.

Once you get to the hub, you see CM's holding up signs for the different events - obviously make your way to the CM that's holding up the Early Morning Magic sign and once they have checked your wrist band, you bank right towards the Tea Cups, passing Cosmic Rays where you will be having breakfast later.

Everyone tends to head towards SDMT, so we took a different route and went towards Peter Pan and It's a Small World and once rode them, when to meet the Princesses and then a ride on the carousel (whilst not officially included in EMM - they tend to operate it).

We enjoyed the empty area of Fantasyland taking some fab photo's with nobody else in the background and then headed to Winnie the Pooh, followed by two quick rides on SDMT.

As it was approaching 9am, when then made our way to The Barnstormer and the Dumbo which had just opened and therefore no queues. We didn't realise that the character greetings in Silly Pete's Sideshow didn't open until 10am, so decided to head for breakfast (which was busy as think everyone must have the same idea to eat after 9am), was manageable and a pretty good choice of food and drink.

We then returned to meet the characters at Silly Pete's and then made our way into Liberty Square and joined the queue for the Haunted Mansion - this was probably 10.45/11.00 - so queues had started to build up by then, but as got 3 FP's for the mountains from 12 onwards, decided this was the best action.

Overall, we all really enjoyed it and did think we got value.

Edited at 08:50 AM.
kingphil is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List