Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 1 Dec 19, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by liz-paul View Post
As an alternative view on the cash/vouchers question when my eldest was younger he definitely preferred a vouchers because: 'you're parents can make you save money but with a voucher you have to buy yourself something!'

My 13yo boy would like a Game, Xbox or Amazon voucher

For girls what about superdrug, boots, H & M, River Island?

Or if you have time beforehand most shopping centres do giftcards that can be used anywhere within the centre if you can get them one for their local one.

Or I would second the idea of cinema/restaurant vouchers.
I just said to DH that thinking back River Island was my favourite shop when I was late teen / early twenties. We then both scratched our heads and wondered if it was still operating.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 19, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

I would definitely say no to Next vouchers. My MIL used to buy NEXT vouchers for us all including my son and my daughter and we used to end up buying them off them as they really aren’t where teenagers/young adults want to buy clothes etc. I shop at River Island or Topshop and I’m 50 now and I used to struggle finding something from NEXT for me never mind them.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 19, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Ellelledee View Post
I would definitely say no to Next vouchers. My MIL used to buy NEXT vouchers for us all including my son and my daughter and we used to end up buying them off them as they really aren’t where teenagers/young adults want to buy clothes etc. I shop at River Island or Topshop and I’m 50 now and I used to struggle finding something from NEXT for me never mind them.
Thank you. Next vouchers definitely off the table now, we were well intentioned but honestly did not know. I am glad we checked. I would like to give them all the same voucher so the One4all sounds perfect, DH has been looking into it and agrees it sounds like it would suit all of them.
Old 1 Dec 19, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mason1 View Post
My 2 are 13 and 11 and would prefer cash to vouchers. They like to use their Christmas money to buy a larger value present. It’s difficult to do that with vouchers.

If you prefer vouchers you may be better getting the One 4 All card, as it can be used at multiple retailers.
When I suggested a One4all voucher a couple of years ago I was roundly criticized and condemned because of this clause!

"How long is my One4all Gift Card valid for?
One4all Gift Cards can be spent free of charges for 18 months following the purchase date (i.e. when the card was bought from a Post Office or online). After this time a monthly charge of 90p will be deducted from funds remaining on the card, until the card balance reaches zero."
Old 1 Dec 19, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Between those ages I woukd say either topshop or River Island for the games. Sports shop or computer game voucher
MrsEgg is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 19, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by greekgranny View Post
When I suggested a One4all voucher a couple of years ago I was roundly criticized and condemned because of this clause!

"How long is my One4all Gift Card valid for?
One4all Gift Cards can be spent free of charges for 18 months following the purchase date (i.e. when the card was bought from a Post Office or online). After this time a monthly charge of 90p will be deducted from funds remaining on the card, until the card balance reaches zero."
Well 18 months seems long enough to me.
Old 1 Dec 19, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Well 18 months seems long enough to me.
Yes, I would have thought so I didn't realise people hung onto their vouchers, I have bought them and they were gratefully received!
Old 1 Dec 19, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by greekgranny View Post
Yes, I would have thought so I didn't realise people hung onto their vouchers, I have bought them and they were gratefully received!
When I was a teenager I would rush out and spend my voucher straight away.
Old 1 Dec 19, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
There is no way a voucher would last my son 18 months! Especially one that you can use anywhere, it would be spent immediately!
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 19, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

Mobile

Odeon or Amazon