Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 4 Dec 19, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

We got our tree up yesterday!

Had already been for an early Christmas celebration a fortnight ago though, so got pretty into the Christmassy mood then, plus everywhere I go now I see Christmas decorations and hear Christmas songs (and see advertisements for Christmas) so definitely feeling a lot like Christmas these days!

Present buying wise I am maybe half done, still have a bit of shopping left to do...
Old 4 Dec 19, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
joxxxxx
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

Thanks, got to love M&S G&T in a can.
The other thing is, have to take all the alcohol with us - as his parents think one bottle of rose is enough for 6 people for 3 days. Amazingly when someone else is paying they don’t think that!
joxxxxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by joxxxxx View Post
Thanks, got to love M&S G&T in a can.
The other thing is, have to take all the alcohol with us - as his parents think one bottle of rose is enough for 6 people for 3 days. Amazingly when someone else is paying they don’t think that!
I’m sorry for your pain, but this is so funny!
There’s always a hip flask!
Old 4 Dec 19, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickeys Mrs
Imagineer

I am pretty much done! Juat wrapping to do. House is decorated, presents purchased (just a cheeseboard to get nearer the time), nieces and nephews are all purchased, hubbys although looks sad (as in not a lot to look at) has quite a few nice bits. So really just the food stuffs and wrapping to go. Its going to be a busy few weeks for us

12th - Concert of Music from Christmas Films
13th - Friend round for dinner
14th - Christmas Street Party
15th - My dad round for dinner
16th - 20th - visiting the in laws
21st - my mum and her husband round for dinner
22nd - 23rd nice and quiet
24th - Visiting my brothers and sisters
25th - OUR FIRST CHRISTMAS IN OUR NEW HOME
26th - open house for anyone who wants to pop in
Then I am off until the 6th Jan so whatever I can fill my days with whilst hubby is working.

DLP 2002 & 2010
WDW 2003, 2006, 2009, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2022, 2023 (solo trip) & 2024
Mickeys Mrs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
joxxxxx
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

I’m just wondering what is the magic number for bottles of wine when “festive” slips into “issue”?
joxxxxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

I feel like there’s lots to do but I am not getting anywhere fast.

I’ve done all the Christmas present (well if the Disney order decides to turn up as I know it won’t be here for her birthday now so will have to be Christmas)
Presents for family and dog are wrapped. Stuff for hubby are going in a box. My own present for the kids to wrap are bought. All decorations are up, I do want to move some around but we will see.

Apart from that it’s school stuff and work really.
10/11th is youngest Christmas play, hubby has an operation and I have boiler and door people coming
12/13th eldest Christmas play
15th youngest birthday
16th hubby’s work do
17th eldest Christmas party and family dinner at pub
18th Xmas jumper and dinner at school
19th youngest party
23rd man to inspect floor boards

Least I finish work for 2 weeks from 2pm on 17th tho. Will be happy about that.

Just hate doing/making Christmas play outfits. Drives me nuts.

I do feel like I’m the one running around like a headless chicken getting everything done while the rest of my house have it pretty easy.

Really wish I was jetting off back to Disney not doing any of this.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

Our Christmas is very laid back...
Christmas decs up... DH put them up
Pressies bought (amazon) for kids and grandkids... wrapped by DH
Cards written and posted apart from the neighbours which we will pop round soon
Most of food either already in or ordered...farmshop for collection on the 23rd and a Morrison’s shop booked for the afternoon of the 23rd
Plans..
14th out for evening meal with DS, DDIL, and DD plus 6 grandchildren
20th SW Christmas meal at local teashop for afternoon tea at lunchtime
23rd pop to farmshop and possibly out for lunch, Morrison’s shop arriving in the afternoon
24th SW early weigh in Visiting 3 of 4 children and grandchildren, chip-shop lunch, home and door locked
25th, 26th and 27th just me and him chilling
28th working 9am -12noon at home and 29th 10am-12noon
30th DD home from weymouth
31st 4 children, 2 in law children, 10 grandchildren for a new year buffet party at ours
1st New Year’s Day meal with DD as she’s away at Christmas...
Looking forward to it...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

All my presents are wrapped apart from a couple of things that have not arrived yet. My older two seem to have got loads this year, I could get even more too because I keep spotting things but they have enough already. My youngest is the hardest to buy for because he does not play with toys. I have wrapped a massive box today for him though, it’s almost as big as me lol (my friend had a dining room table & chairs delivered lol) he really wanted a big box and loads of stickers to make a den so it’s perfect. I put boxes of stickers and felt tip pens inside too lol
His main present is a Nintendo switch but I know that his favourite thing will be the giant box which was free 😂
So decorations are up, wrapping is done. It was my youngest Christmas fair last Friday, spent a fortune on tat !
This Saturday is my middle son’s rugby Christmas party then Sunday it’s his boxing one (really lucky they are not on the same day)
We are all on count down and getting really excited. My six year old is obsessed with buddy the naughty elf (elf on the shelf)
I need to sort out party food for Boxing Day as it’s my turn this year but I will get that closer to the time.
Christmas Eve box is all sorted (I have bought far too much chocolates & Christmas biscuits fit it)
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I’ve sat and wrapped all the presents today. I’ve not gone wild and the kids have enough stuff but not as much as they usually would. But they are all sorted. Freezer has been dwindling down so that’s ready for party food to be added. Most things bought and wrapped. Food shop to do but all chocs are bought. It’s only another day and I’m not stressing. I’m cooking dinner at my brothers but there are only 7 of us so not massive!

Tree and decs went up last Sunday.

This Saturday taking the youngest on a Santa cruise and then one of my work nights out that evening.

Sat 14th main works night out.

Thursday 19th hubby finishes work for Xmas (excess hols to use)

Friday 20th kids finish school

Monday 23rd I finish work and works Xmas breakfast at weatherspoons

Xmas eve breakfast at maccies all 4 of us plus my brother gf and nephew, then heading to the panto before meeting my mum, partner and Nan at the pub at 4pm for a meal.

Xmas day morning at home, head to brothers (5 mins drive) cook lunch, 6/7pm head to aunties house and have a big family party

Boxing Day nursing a hangover and eating leftovers

27th taking oldest ds for his main Xmas present a typical day in a pilot life in a simulator!

28th hubby back to work

Can’t wait! For me it’s all about spending time with family than anything else!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

Feeling quite good about things christmasy. Decs up thanks to dh.
All presents bought apart from inlaws. Food is nearly all bought just the fresh stuff to buy.
This is the bad bit, i am running out of days. I start nights tonight fir the first time in my life my shop is having a refit. I have 3 nights of nights then straight onto 5 days straight. Which already takes us to 14th/15th. 14th i promised ds (17) he could have friends over all day for a dungeons and dragons game. I think wrapping of presents could take place that night. Costco visit on sunday for lovely desserts.
18th first Christmas party. 21st second christmas party. Finish work at 8 on monday night. Pics on 24th afternoon then preparing dinner for 11 people. Phew i am exhausted just typing! But hoping for a good one

'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do' -just saying
hilz22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List