Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 23 Feb 20, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
DaisyDuck83
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile Communion Dresses

Hi, has anyone ever bought a girls communion dress whilst they've been in Orlando? Do the department stores stock white occasion dresses?
TIA xx
DaisyDuck83 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

Macy's and JC Penny usually have them in the spring, when most US First Communions are. I am sure the other major department stores do and even think Target and Walmart might (although a very different quality)
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Shkyler
Apprentice Imagineer

Is this the same for boy’s suits? Want to get my little boy his when we go in June. Sorry for jumping on thread!
Shkyler is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

I would think Penny's and Macy's would have regular boys suits (but not sure if you want a "communion" suit in white). i don't think the discount stores would. Walked through Walmart the other day and they had boys vest and slacks with a shirt and tie. I assumed it was Easter stock but didn't look at in.

Up here, girls often went to boutique type stores for dresses, boys might just waer a navy blazer with grey slacks. I think I always got my boys' blazers at macy's but it been many years.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

Did a google for communion dresses Orlando. All the department stores came up Macy's Dillards, Nordstrom etc. Even Kohl's. I guess it depends on your budget.

Also this boutique
sosweetboutique/c952...n-dresses.html

And several bridal stores as "flower girl dresses."
Old 23 Feb 20, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Also look at Gymboree they have reopened in The a Children’s Place stores
They may have something
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
DaisyDuck83
Getting to know the DIBB

Thanks, we go in April and have a communion in May. Don't want the holiday to turn into a dress finding mission but thought if the department stores stocked them it might be worth having a look xx
DaisyDuck83 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
cumbrian lakes
Apprentice Imagineer

Burlington Coat Factory has a selection of communion dresses. There is one near the Florida Mall and Crossroads (The Loop)
cumbrian lakes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 06:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

I think you will find a tremendous difference in the quality and price of dresses. Nordstrom had gorgeous ones for $200. My guess Walmart's would be closer to $20.

I might check on line first. I was shocked that after shopping for a full day, I found a very reasonably priced and nice quality dress at PJ Penny's, not a place I ever walk into. I would try to find a mall with Macy;s, Penny's and maybe on other department store.
Old 28 Feb 20, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
discostu
slightly serious Dibber

A very long time we got a gorgeous communion dress in Dillards with matching shows for $30 all in
discostu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List