Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 16 May 20, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Seychelles honeymoon

We are planning to honeymoon in the Seychelles next June before doing a Disneymoon later in the year. We’re not 100% set on the Seychelles yet but I think we can get direct flights with BA (not released yet though) and we went to Mauritius this February and loved it, and understand the Seychelles will be similar-ish but perhaps with some island hopping, so thinking it’s a good option.

We stayed all inclusive in Mauritius and thought we could do the same in the Seychelles (at least for some of the time) but after a bit of research it looks like they don’t have many all inclusive! There are also so many hotels that look good that it’s a bit of a minefield!

Just looking for some recommendations really as to whether you’d maybe do a split stay between two islands, and/or if you’ve been to any good hotels for a couple on honeymoon with decent restaurants nearby?

Any suggestions for trips etc would be great too... we specifically love snorkelling and anything to do with animals

Edited at 04:01 PM.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
The Muppets
Very Serious Dibber

We went to the Seychelles last June for 7 days and split the trip between Praslin for 5 nights and back to Mahe for 2 nights, this was due to the early BA flight back to the UK. We stayed at Raffles on Praslin then Hilton Northolme on Mahe (where Ian Fleming wrote 007 books) Really loved the Seychelles especially Praslin and preferred it to Mauritius.
We were half board at Raffles which was a free upgrade from B&B due to it being off season. It worked out fine as due to the time difference we had a Very late breakfast and just shared something at lunch then dinner was included. I don’t remember the wine being too expensive (nothing like the Maldives) We did pick up a bottle of Gin at duty free and had a box of tonic cans in our luggage which was ideal for the patio in the evening. We enjoyed the Seychelles so much we booked again and should be there this week☹️
In Praslin the hotel had daily snorkel tours and hikes along with kayaks/paddleboards etc. A few other restaurants nearby but really needed a car, which we did get for a day to explore.
On Mahe the town (Beau Vallon) was a 5/10 min taxi or shuttle bus from the hotel, it did have a number of restaurants and night market with food stalls.
Any other questions just ask.
The Muppets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Originally Posted by The Muppets View Post
We went to the Seychelles last June for 7 days and split the trip between Praslin for 5 nights and back to Mahe for 2 nights, this was due to the early BA flight back to the UK. We stayed at Raffles on Praslin then Hilton Northolme on Mahe (where Ian Fleming wrote 007 books) Really loved the Seychelles especially Praslin and preferred it to Mauritius.
We were half board at Raffles which was a free upgrade from B&B due to it being off season. It worked out fine as due to the time difference we had a Very late breakfast and just shared something at lunch then dinner was included. I don’t remember the wine being too expensive (nothing like the Maldives) We did pick up a bottle of Gin at duty free and had a box of tonic cans in our luggage which was ideal for the patio in the evening. We enjoyed the Seychelles so much we booked again and should be there this week☹️
In Praslin the hotel had daily snorkel tours and hikes along with kayaks/paddleboards etc. A few other restaurants nearby but really needed a car, which we did get for a day to explore.
On Mahe the town (Beau Vallon) was a 5/10 min taxi or shuttle bus from the hotel, it did have a number of restaurants and night market with food stalls.
Any other questions just ask.
Thank you so much. Will look into both! The daily snorkel tours sound perfect and are what we had at our hotel in Mauritius.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 20, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
We are planning to honeymoon in the Seychelles next June before doing a Disneymoon later in the year. We’re not 100% set on the Seychelles yet but I think we can get direct flights with BA (not released yet though) and we went to Mauritius this February and loved it, and understand the Seychelles will be similar-ish but perhaps with some island hopping, so thinking it’s a good option.

We stayed all inclusive in Mauritius and thought we could do the same in the Seychelles (at least for some of the time) but after a bit of research it looks like they don’t have many all inclusive! There are also so many hotels that look good that it’s a bit of a minefield!

Just looking for some recommendations really as to whether you’d maybe do a split stay between two islands, and/or if you’ve been to any good hotels for a couple on honeymoon with decent restaurants nearby?

Any suggestions for trips etc would be great too... we specifically love snorkelling and anything to do with animals
I went to the Seychelles in June 2018 for 2 weeks - island hopped which was easy. Did it in the following order

Mahe - Hilton Labriz on Silhouette Island, Beachfront Pool Villa
Praslin - Paradise Sun Cote d'Or Beach
Mahe - H Resort Beau Vallon - Beach Pool Villa

There aren't many all inclusives in Seychelles - I would loved to have tried MAIA on Mahe but it was eye wateringly expensive (and more besides). Transfers between the islands were easy we flew to Praslin from Mahe but used the ferry back. Praslin is great for a trip over to La Digue to visit Anse Source D'Argent which features in all the brochures - Anse is breathtakingly beautiful with no cars only bikes or ox carts - wish I had stayed there for a couple of days as it seemed a nice relaxed place. Beau Vallon has a great beach, lovely, a number of hotels for all budgets with a local bus service into Victoria the capital and fabulous sunsets looking towards North Island (where Duke and Duchess of Cambridge had their honeymoon).

I too would recommend Mahe for at least the last night as the BA flight is very early. Seychelles are different to Mauritius and the Maldvies - have been to all and as they are so different its hard to pick a favourite and as Dibbers will tell you I am quite an indecisive person so I won't choose

Photos of Anse

Edited at 06:36 PM.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
I went to the Seychelles in June 2018 for 2 weeks - island hopped which was easy. Did it in the following order

Mahe - Hilton Labriz on Silhouette Island, Beachfront Pool Villa
Praslin - Paradise Sun Cote d'Or Beach
Mahe - H Resort Beau Vallon - Beach Pool Villa

There aren't many all inclusives in Seychelles - I would loved to have tried MAIA on Mahe but it was eye wateringly expensive (and more besides). Transfers between the islands were easy we flew to Praslin from Mahe but used the ferry back. Praslin is great for a trip over to La Digue to visit Anse Source D'Argent which features in all the brochures - Anse is breathtakingly beautiful with no cars only bikes or ox carts - wish I had stayed there for a couple of days as it seemed a nice relaxed place. Beau Vallon has a great beach, lovely, a number of hotels for all budgets with a local bus service into Victoria the capital and fabulous sunsets looking towards North Island (where Duke and Duchess of Cambridge had their honeymoon).

I too would recommend Mahe for at least the last night as the BA flight is very early. Seychelles are different to Mauritius and the Maldvies - have been to all and as they are so different its hard to pick a favourite and as Dibbers will tell you I am quite an indecisive person so I won't choose

Photos of Anse

Thank you - that first photo is incredible!