Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 15 May 20, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
cameroon95
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

So hoping that this event is on this year, I think it will be but Im unsure if UK will be able to fly to USA by then
Old 20 May 20, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
grinner82
Imagineer

grinner82's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 19
Guidebook Photos: 83
Guidebook Reviews: 10
We go 24th Oct for a week stating at Universal and planning on doing 2 HHNs. Im confident they will be on. Its massive one there and while there may be reduced numbers ( not a bad thing) Trump wants things as normal. There may be a slight gap between parties but again this is good as I don't like people in front of me as I know what's coming.

Ive very tempted to get tickets with the current offer of two nights for the price of one as well.
Old 21 May 20, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Twigglets
New Poster (5)

I can't see any festival/special attraction nights happening at any theme park this year. It wouldn't have the same atmosphere with social distancing and surely the cost would outweigh the return if capacity was still reduced
Twigglets is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

Well we have bitten the bullet and moved the big family trip to next year 😢
Not to say if HHN is on I may do a cheeky last minute one just me 😉
I just dont thin it will be the same as I love the scare zones and can't see them being as good if distancing is in 🤷🏼 ... it'll be like the change in HHN from early 2000s to now xx
Old 24 May 20, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
grumpybri
VIP Dibber

We did not go to HHN 29 as saving ourselves for HHN 30. Now it looks like 30 might not happen. Only reason we were going this year was for HHN. Gutted to say the least.
Old 27 May 20, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
disneyfan14
Getting Excited

I can confirm so far if its any consolation that they are still planning to do HHN and that details will follow later... based on the Universal orlando FAQ page
disneyfan14 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
offtoseemickey
Imagineer

offtoseemickey's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 25
We have a trip booked and planned for early September. The main reason we are going is the big 3-0 for HHN. It’s too early for me to start thinking of cancelling, but can anyone see any reasonable way to have HHN in a COVID world now? I just can’t fathom how it could even go ahead in remotely the same capacity.

We usually get a FFP or ROF + express and do the houses over and over. Seeing each house even two or three times just wouldn’t cut the mustard for us. The only thing I can see working to keep numbers down is either increasing the price, having to book reservations and limiting numberS that way, which would have a massive effect on our plans.

I appreciate no one knows the answers right now, but I was hoping we could have a bit of a discussion?

Sticking to a budget Oct ‘18 Universal & off-site dining report
offtoseemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

You can buy tickets now for HHN on the Universal App I saw yesterday!
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 12:32 AM  
Link to this Post

It's usually so crowded you're lucky to do one or two haunted houses and a few rides. I don't know how it would work if social distancing is still a thing. But I'm glad they're not cancelling.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsNobby
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I read a interesting article/speculation about how HHN will/might take place from the Theme Park University.

I'm not sure how true/accurate it is but after reading it husband bought the tickets for HHN we are hopefully going in October and he didn't want to risk not being able to get tickets after reading the article as it sounds like it could be a very different but good HHN.
MrsNobby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List