Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 1 Jun 20, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
cantwait2011
Excited about Disney

Booking Universal Instead

With all the confusion around this years Disney trip (Oct) i'd been considering booking Universal as a Plan B instead.

If i book a Universal Hotel through Expedia, they allow cancellations until the day before my stay. Sounds great.

But what about a park ticket? I wouldn't want to book that just yet as it wouldn't be refundable, but i don't want to run the risk of not being able to buy a park ticket nearer the time?!

Any advice on how to proceed?
cantwait2011 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by cantwait2011 View Post
With all the confusion around this years Disney trip (Oct) i'd been considering booking Universal as a Plan B instead.

If i book a Universal Hotel through Expedia, they allow cancellations until the day before my stay. Sounds great.

But what about a park ticket? I wouldn't want to book that just yet as it wouldn't be refundable, but i don't want to run the risk of not being able to buy a park ticket nearer the time?!

Any advice on how to proceed?
I'm sure the tickets now dont expire until 2021? Not 100% though so worth checking. Ww have decided to buy AP and booked hotel for 2 nights towards the end of our stay (we were doing 1 week disney, 2 weeks villa) so we can also use the passes next year. We are doing 3 seasonal and 1 power to get discounts on merch etc. Will order before we go and collect at hotel then show at check in as wee booked AP hotel rates.

Not sure what's going on with Disney but I cant see us there this year. We can tweak our dates with Virgin luckily.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
cantwait2011
Excited about Disney

Hmm.

My fear is if i wait till say August to book, they might not have any left!

Not sure having them valid thru 2021 is going to help us either, as would only be be able to go next Oct instead so they would need practically 18 months validity. I'll check that though, thanks.
cantwait2011 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
COL41
Imagineer

Mobile

I would book tickets only if through a company that is currently offering an excellent cancellation policy
2001 DLP hen weekend, 2006 DLP Sequoia Lodge, 2009 Hotel Cheyenne (my 40th), 2012 WDW Orlando & St Petes Beach, 2015 Miami, Orlando & Clearwater. 2017 Miami and Cape Coral 2019 NYC for BFF 50th, 2020 Orlando (cancelled due to Covid ) 2021 NYC with the family
COL41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
cantwait2011
Excited about Disney

Precisely.

So with Expedia i have booked a Universal hotel, and i can cancel up to the day before.

But the park tickets via Universal themselves are only refundable up to end august, an i might not be in a clear position by then...
Old 1 Jun 20, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
TerryYa
Excited about Disney

Orlando Ticket Deals (link at top of forum) are offering flex plus for £8 which allows you to send back unactivated tickets for a full refund anytime before the expiry date. I think it is worth the small amount extra for piece of mind.
TerryYa is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
cantwait2011
Excited about Disney

I will look at that thank you! It does seem worth it for the flexibility.

Ive messaged Universal as well to check their view on whether i will always be able to buy a ticket as a hotel guest, so between these two actions i hope i can find a solution.
Old 1 Jun 20, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

I’m interested to know this too. We currently have Hard Rock booked for October, but have not booked Universal tickets yet as was planning on getting an annual pass. We have paid a deposit on Disney tickets but there’s no way I’m paying for them in full by the 10th June.
We have been a couple of times before when we have just done universal and not Disney but I’d be gutted if we can’t get into Universal, especially as we’re staying there!
Katnic1 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
cantwait2011
Excited about Disney

No reply yet from Universal, but i have looked at the Attraction Ticket deals and am happy with their T's and C's. For an additional £24 i can guarantee a full refund if my Norwegian flights dont go ahead.

Peace of mind.

Thanks for your help.