Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 2 Jun 20, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Gj111
Gone all Goofy

Mobile Virgin - park ticket confirmation number

Hi! I’ve got a my trip to WDW booked for the end of September this year. We’re still planning to go despite whole covid issues.

I’ve read that different tickets sites have told customers to get their confirmation numbers to like to MDE and book what days they want to do each park. This way Disney has an idea for how many people already have tickets and how to book.

I’ve tried every number I can find for virgin, every text service etc. Getting no where.

I know I don’t got for another few months but our holiday needs to be paid by July, plus I would like to sort this now or at least have an answer so it doesn’t come to September and there’s no space.

If anyone has heard anything would be much appreciated!

Thanks

GJ
Gj111 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Weddingnyc
Apprentice Imagineer

Following! We are in a similar position, although not going until December, and would like to know if we have tickets. Virgin don’t buy tickets until they need to, which is why they don’t give you numbers for MDE until 60/30 days out.
NY and Boston July 2020
Weddingnyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Gj111
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Ah yeah I had heard that. Which is understandable but given all this, what happens if it gets to the 60/30 day mark and there’s nothing.
Surely they must have counted us as we’ve already booked our holiday (since they’re not taking any new bookings now)?
Old 2 Jun 20, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
bunts
Getting Excited

Following as well I’ve tried to contact virgin every way possible email, WhatsApp, twitter, Facebook, text message and phone and just keep getting fobbed off with the same reply basically if your holiday isn’t within next 72 hours go away we aren’t interested. We weren’t even emailed information on the change from Gatwick to Heathrow until last week and then it was a general email no details. Don’t get me started on trying to get a refund on the extra we paid for the bubble sorry rant over just getting very frustrated with no information coming through.
bunts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Gj111
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Tell me about! I’ve tried about 18 times alone today! I’d read on another thread if you change the first two numbers of booking reference to 54 you got through. Which I have but then it’s just we’re busy and hangs up. Sometimes it doesn’t even let me have an option to press anything. Ask to press on so I do and it’s doesn’t register.

Like I said I just don’t want it to get 60-30 day mark and they’re say oh nothing we can do now!
Old 2 Jun 20, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Susethomasx
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Not much to add except that we’re following also. Tried all the same methods of contacting VH to find out what this means but getting nowhere right now.

VH must surely know that people will be concerned about this? I’d take just a holding tweet at this point tbh.
Susethomasx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Gj111
Gone all Goofy

Mobile Update email from virgin

“As we restart our holidays from 20th July, your holiday is planned to go ahead and we have some important information about your trip. Walt Disney World Resort have made some changes, and it’s important you’re fully updated on what these are ahead of your holiday. To make sure you have your tickets ready we need you to confirm your holiday plans by Monday 8th June.

Here’s a summary of what to expect, and you can also check the Walt Disney World Resort website for more information.

Returning to the magic
Based on guidance from health authorities and appropriate government agencies, there are new measures designed to promote cleanliness, physical distancing and reduced contact while visiting Walt Disney World Resort.

The main parks will be open by 15th July, with Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach remaining closed until further notice.
To enter a park, both a park reservation and valid admission for the same park on the same date is required in advance of travel through My Disney Experience.
Face coverings are required for all Guests (ages 2 and up) and Cast Members; temperature screenings are required in some locations.
Some experiences such as parades, character meet and greets and firework events may be modified or unavailable to allow for physical distancing and limited contact.
Helpful technology and My Disney Experience will help you make the most of the magic.
Disney Dining plans have been removed, any plans purchased in addition to your package will be refunded.
FastPass+ reservations and Extra Magic Hours have been suspended to support social distancing measures.

A new park reservation system
When the parks reopen, park attendance will be managed through a new park reservation system.

To enter a park, both a park reservation and valid admission for the same park on the same date is required.
Reservations need to be made via My Disney Experience in the coming weeks. You can request one park a day. As customers won’t need to hop between parks, the hopper service is currently suspended.
This reservation applies for all confirmed tickets through 2020, so reserve your parks as early as possible to help plan your itinerary. We’ll let you know when reservations are open.

Your options to enjoy the magic now or next year
Whether you want to amend your holiday or continue as planned, you can let us know by completing either of the forms below. Our team will then be able to help finalise your holiday plans.

Enjoy the magic
If you want to enjoy Walt Disney World Resort as planned, with these measures in place, just let us know by completing the form here by Monday 8th June so we can activate your tickets for you to reserve your park entry.

Move your holiday to next year
You can amend your holiday for free up until 31st December 2021, by completing the amendment form here by Monday 8th June.

If choosing to amend your holiday, one of our team will call you back, but it may take longer than expected for us to get in touch. If you have previously completed an amendment form, we kindly ask you to complete this one too, so we can prioritise your Walt Disney World Resort trip.

If you go ahead as planned and change your mind, you need to do this before 21 days of your planned travel date and you could incur additional charges under our standard terms and conditions.

We look forward to receiving your form to let us know what you’d like to do. Whatever you decide, we’ll be here to help, and can’t wait to give you the magical holiday you deserve one day soon.

Siobhan Fitzpatrick
Senior Vice President | Virgin Holidays & Digital”
Old 6 Jun 20, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
MacUK
VIP Dibber

MacUK's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
We go in November but haven’t had any email
MacUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Gj111
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by MacUK View Post
We go in November but haven’t had any email
Oh that’s odd? We go very end of September into October. Maybe they’re not worried for November as of yet I’m hopes things will get more normal?
Old 6 Jun 20, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

I had the email and I go in December.
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List