Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 1 Jun 20, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Buttercup1982
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Sorry £200 more for the stay. Weve only ever eaten onsite with DDP when we've been to florida so not sure how much food roughly costs thats when i found the free breakfast appealing. X x
Buttercup1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Buttercup1982
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
I've stayed at the Homewood Suites on I Drive but I assume you're talking about a different Homewood Suites? The one I stayed at is nearish Pointe Orlando in the southern half of I Drive and it isn't particularly close to Universal like the onsite hotels are.

The one we stayed at was a good hotel, friendly staff and rooms were comfortable. Plus they are suites, so you get an extra living room in addition to the bedroom. I'd happily stay there again.

I doubt it's £200 more per night. I don't think Cabana Bay costs £200 per night to begin with (I hope not!). More like half that.
Yes I've seen two homewood suites. This one looks as far as Cabana Bay distance wise x x
Buttercup1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Daza
slightly serious Dibber

If you are talking about the one on American Way near the Howard Johnson hotel Ive stayed there before and it is lovely. The pool gets the sun all day, its suites and breakfast is included.

Loved it there!
May 15th Homewood Suites near Universal.
Daza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracey2019
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Ive booked to say at homewood suites for jan 2021 for 3wks for my son and i. Its 1926 which im quite happy with
Tracey2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Buttercup1982 View Post
Yes I've seen two homewood suites. This one looks as far as Cabana Bay distance wise x x
It's much further than Cabana Bay. It looks a lot closer on a map because it is right next to the I4. You have to get onto IDrive and then Universal Boulevard to get to the parks from there. It's only 5 minutes in a car but around a 15-20 minute walk. We've walked from the Sheraton, which is nearby, and it's fine first thing when its cooler but its a killer on the way back.

Edit - that's if you're talking about the American Way one, there are a few in the area.

Edited at 01:46 PM.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
jordanski
Excited about Disney

Have stayed at Homewood Convention Centre/International drive 4 times and booked again for next year . Although it wouldn't be as close as any Universal hotel it isn't that far , we use the shuttles and only about 10 minutes away . Others have said about pool however as seen as Convention hotel the pool is extremely quiet . The fact you are so close to many restaurants , the breakfast , the managers reception etc we wouldn't book anywhere else on I Drive
Old 2 Jun 20, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
POR34
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We've stayed at the Homewood Suites too on I Drive, it's an excellent hotel. It's clean, great breakfast and extremely quiet pool. We've used the shuttle to Universal which is convenient but also not that far in a taxi.
POR34 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
dragsapphire
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Really glad to see this thread as well have booked for November about deciding to cancel our Disney plan. Thanks everyone
dragsapphire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List