Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 3 Jun 20, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile Ramada Plaza Resort & Suites by Wyndham Orlando Intl Drive

Anyone stayed here?
Any reviews?
This will be a base for visiting universal.
Its half the price of endless summer. But is it half as good?
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Anyone?
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Can't help with Ramada but we stayed at the Wyndham Orlando next door for 5 nights in 2017. Good budget option. Good location to get to Universal and lots of food options close by. Pics in my 2017 trip report in my signature below.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Can't help with Ramada but we stayed at the Wyndham Orlando next door for 5 nights in 2017. Good budget option. Good location to get to Universal and lots of food options close by. Pics in my 2017 trip report in my signature below.
Thank you x
Old 4 Jun 20, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Mobile

Im also interested in this i have just been looking at it on expedia and thought the club rooms seemed a really good price. On expedia it says you can walk to universal in 5 mins- can anyone confirm/deny this?
The thing that is putting me off booking is some of the reviews on TA 🤔
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by natanddaz View Post
Im also interested in this i have just been looking at it on expedia and thought the club rooms seemed a really good price. On expedia it says you can walk to universal in 5 mins- can anyone confirm/deny this?
The thing that is putting me off booking is some of the reviews on TA 🤔
No way is it a 5 minute walk. We once walked from the Ihop which is closer and that was about 20 minutes.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Well iv taken the plunge and booked this through expedia on a book now pay later basis. 8 nights for 2 adults and 3 kids in a 1 bedroom suite with breakfast and club level access - £845 and potentially 6% cashback. Seems a pretty good deal and can cancel if i change my mind or find something better later on.
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
nyck
Getting Excited

nyck's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We stayed there albeit about 8 years ago..
Obviously no traffic noise and couldn't hear any noise from the other rooms so would stay there again if the price was right.
We did walk to universal the first morning with kids between 8-12 and took just over 20 minutes.At the time is was only about $6 for Minibus taxi so starting using them instead.
nyck is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
We Have stayed there, we upgraded to a club class suite, that gave us access to the roof top pool and free alcohol everyday from12 noon till about 8pm they also served free buffet every evening but we gave that a miss as it was Luke warm pizza and chips type of food. We had a lovely suite with separate lounge and bedroom, there was free buses to Disney and Universal that you had to book through reception and free car parking at the hotel, I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again if we couldn't get a villa at late notice.
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by chrisxal View Post
We Have stayed there, we upgraded to a club class suite, that gave us access to the roof top pool and free alcohol everyday from12 noon till about 8pm they also served free buffet every evening but we gave that a miss as it was Luke warm pizza and chips type of food. We had a lovely suite with separate lounge and bedroom, there was free buses to Disney and Universal that you had to book through reception and free car parking at the hotel, I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again if we couldn't get a villa at late notice.
This is good to know thank you. Did anyone in your party use the sofa bed we are a family of 5 and the set up is two queens and a sofa bed so just wondering if its going to be comfortable enough for my son for 8 nights(he will be 11)?