Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 May 20, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by tootsie rolls View Post
Thank you for your answers,going to have to phone them up ,yes we booked flights and car hire .
BA are one of the few companies that include a fully insured car in their basic fly drive package so beware if you intend going with someone else.

VA basic fly drive for instance includes no CDW and only state minimum level of SLI

Mick

Edited at 04:02 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
tootsie rolls
Imagineer

tootsie rolls's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Thank you for your answers,going to have to phone them up ,yes we booked flights and car hire .
Linfields April 1999,Westridge April 2002,Indian ridge April 2005,Hampton lakes June 2008,Westridge June 2010,Sunset lakes sept 2012,Rosen inn point Nov 2014,Residence inn may 2016,Hampton lakes may 2018
tootsie rolls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
tootsie rolls
Imagineer

tootsie rolls's Reviews
Yes there fully comp car insurance is a great bonus ,just can't believe I didn't know they were looking to stop flying from gatwick, I think that might only leave tu I now
Linfields April 1999,Westridge April 2002,Indian ridge April 2005,Hampton lakes June 2008,Westridge June 2010,Sunset lakes sept 2012,Rosen inn point Nov 2014,Residence inn may 2016,Hampton lakes may 2018
tootsie rolls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

If, and its a big IF, BA move out of LGW then your flight will be moved to LHR. You may have the option of cancelling and getting a refund but they may say they are still getting you from London to MCO. Its not a big change in the grand scheme of things, the distance is 38 miles between them, but I do wonder why it is for some though.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Yes there fully comp car insurance is a great bonus ,just can't believe I didn't know they were looking to stop flying from gatwick, I think that might only leave tu I now
Unfortunately you need to be equally careful with Tui as they have a reputation on here for not including enough insurance - just take care
Old 24 May 20, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
If, and its a big IF, BA move out of LGW then your flight will be moved to LHR. You may have the option of cancelling and getting a refund but they may say they are still getting you from London to MCO. Its not a big change in the grand scheme of things, the distance is 38 miles between them, but I do wonder why it is for some though.
For some of us who can't drive and use public transport those 38 miles are a big change. For me to fly from Gatwick I can get a direct train from where I live. For me to fly from Heathrow I have to get a train to London then a tube to Heathrow. Guess which one I prefer.

Edited at 04:44 PM.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
tootsie rolls
Imagineer

tootsie rolls's Reviews
Thankyou, going to stick with ba, just told my husband and he said it's fine ,it's actually a bit quicker to get to Heathrow,so that sorry over ,thanks again for all your replies 😀
Old 3 Jun 20, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
lis
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Just wondering if you did phone BA and if so what did they say? I'm flying Feb with them and want to book my parking but afraid to in case they do move me to Heathrow.
lis is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Don't forget, everyone, that Tui have plans to change to Orlando Melbourne Airport in 2022 (MLB). It will be interesting to see if this goes ahead after the disruption caused by Covid.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
tootsie rolls
Imagineer

tootsie rolls's Reviews
Originally Posted by lis View Post
Just wondering if you did phone BA and if so what did they say? I'm flying Feb with them and want to book my parking but afraid to in case they do move me to Heathrow.
No I didn't bother in the end as happy to go from Heathrow,have booked a hotel at Gatwick and going to book one at Heathrow see what happens.