Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 3 Jun 20, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by alvin_purple View Post
So Disney have not announced how this pre-booking will work?
Hopefully there will be enough capacity that everyone who has a ticket for 2020 can get what they need.
It would be bad if you've got a 14 day ticket and don't get access to 14 days.
Not as far as I’ve seen, I think an announcement will come in the next few weeks. I get the impression that ticket sales have been stopped so that everyone who has booked for this year can book their park days before they open up to allowing more guests in.

On a Facebook group I’m in I’ve seen people talking about how they have to pay their remaining ticket balance within the next week if they want to go so that they can start to do the park day booking
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

We only ever do one park a day so no big deal here.

I am hopeful the pre-booking of the parks wouldn't be a big deal either as I always know months before which park I am going to on which day and I would imagine it won't turn out to be a big deal.

Saying all this won't be going to Disney until its back to normal for many of the other realities.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by PumpkinCupcake View Post
Not as far as I’ve seen, I think an announcement will come in the next few weeks. I get the impression that ticket sales have been stopped so that everyone who has booked for this year can book their park days before they open up to allowing more guests in.

On a Facebook group I’m in I’ve seen people talking about how they have to pay their remaining ticket balance within the next week if they want to go so that they can start to do the park day booking
How can we do that when we don’t even know what they’re going to offer us for the loss of the dining plan and change in ticket. I don’t want to be paying full amount having lost all we have.
Old 3 Jun 20, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I wont be paying for Disney tickets till you can park hop, resort hop, have fireworks and meet characters/have parades. We never spend a whole day in one place, often park hop, go to resorts, we might go to HS for a few hours for fast passes and then nip over to MK for fireworks, it would be a total waste of money if we cannot holiday the way we want to. We love Disney, but i'm not that desperate to get back there with all the restrictions in place, would rather spend my money elsewhere.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by jobelly View Post
How can we do that when we don’t even know what they’re going to offer us for the loss of the dining plan and change in ticket. I don’t want to be paying full amount having lost all we have.
The bit about paying off the balance is in regards to ticket-only bookings with third-party suppliers. It shouldn't impact those with a package including free dining.

I don't believe there is any change to the tickets? If you have a 14-day ticket then it'll remain so. However, you'll need a park ticket linked to your account in order to make a park reservation and you will need to have a park reservation as well as a ticket in order to enter a park.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Tretinker View Post
I could be wrong about this so won't be offended if I am corrected but isn't Shanghai just one park like a big MK?
Yes. So there are 4 parks at WDW. So, maybe you'll be able to book 4 parks in 6 days, rather than 1.

I'll also add that WDW gets more visitors than Shanghai. So the reservations for MK will be more popular than the reservations for Shanghai. So getting a reservation might be more difficult.

The number of reservations are going to be limited. Unless the vast majority of people decide to cancel their holiday, not everyone will be able to get reservations on every day. I wouldn't be surprised if Disney had a scheme where you can only prebook 1 or 2 parks and only once you've visited those parks can you book another - subject to availability. Similar to the fastpass system.

But this is all conjecture. and guesswork. Until Disney releases details on the WDW park reservation system, we won't know what the limitations are. We don't even know whether it's one park per day at the moment.

Originally Posted by alvin_purple View Post
So Disney have not announced how this pre-booking will work?
Hopefully there will be enough capacity that everyone who has a ticket for 2020 can get what they need.
It would be bad if you've got a 14 day ticket and don't get access to 14 days.
Yes, Disney has not said how this pre-booking will work yet. Only that there will be a park reservation system in place for the foreseeable future until this pandemic improves.

I doubt that you'll be able to get reservations for all 14 days in a 14 day period.

If everyone was able to get all the access they required then the parks would be as busy as they usually are. And if everyone could use the full amount of their tickets then there would be no need for a park reservation system. The park reservation system is being used to limit people's access to the parks.

But maybe I'm wrong. As stated, we don't know the details yet.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 03:52 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

I’m disappointed but could work around the 1 park a day but it does mean we will have to have a car and probably eat off site - we too booked Yacht club specifically to be able to go if an evening for dinner - have a drink and then walk back.

Also hope we can get a booking every day - otherwise what do we do if they restrict access to the hotel pool or it’s too cold for swimming? Again I guess we will need a car and pay to do something else / all very disappointing so hoping we can cancel and get our deposit back - sad as it is to say.

We have flights separately so if we can’t get the money back in the flights we might just go for a relaxing two weeks by the beach.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
The bit about paying off the balance is in regards to ticket-only bookings with third-party suppliers. It shouldn't impact those with a package including free dining.

I don't believe there is any change to the tickets? If you have a 14-day ticket then it'll remain so. However, you'll need a park ticket linked to your account in order to make a park reservation and you will need to have a park reservation as well as a ticket in order to enter a park.
That’s good to know thanks.
Surely they’ve got to reduce the price of the tickets though for everything they’re taking away. I suppose though they would need to do it for all UK tickets and I can’t see them volunteering to do that! I just wish they would let us know!
Old 3 Jun 20, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

One park a day is not a problem for us. I'm already prepared for limited Disney time anyway, we're booked onsite for 2 weeks but will be visiting Universal, Seaworld and other non park activities.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
bouncybeth79
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Tretinker View Post
If I can enter, exit and return to that same park in one day I'll be ok. If I have to stay in the park without being able to leave midday and return early evening I really won't be happy.

I do too completely understand your feelings though. I think I'm just focused on the loss of the dining plan and everything else is on a back burner in my mind.
This is a concern of mine too, i'm hoping however the purpose is to limit the numbers and therefore if you are booked for the day it wont matter if you come and go on the same day, for those who are in the local hotels they may need to go back for medical conditions but then want to come back later - fingers cross they just set the same rule for all though that at least we can come and go to the same park as we please within the same day.