Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 27 Jan 19, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
The Ted Bundy Tapes

Anyone else watch this on Netflix? Hard to say I enjoyed it as it's such a horrible subject but I did. So hard to imagine the lack of technology around back then. There's a bit where's he's arrested but it took days to find out who he actually was. Shocking story. What struck me the most was the party atmosphere outside the prison for his execution. This was made by Joe Berlinger who did the Paradise Lost documentaries.

He also has the film about Bundy soon to be released staring believe it or not Zac Efron as Bundy. Trailer below

Edited at 04:24 PM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 19, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

I’ve just finished watching this. I couldn’t believe the women gathering in the court room, wanting his attention and passing messages. The judge also, that was practically fawning over him.
Thanks for the trailer, I can’t wait for this film.
OKW again 2015 and Anna Maria
2017 Contemporary Resort & Anna Maria
ALWAYS AUGUST!

August 2022 my 50th! - Universal Hardrock Hotel, Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk villas, Polynesian, Anna Maria Island.

Moleymole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 19, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Watched this yesterday,was fascinated by the whole spectacle of the case.As said it was shocking how it took days for them to find out his identity, mind you they did not share information between forces in those days
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 19, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
SmilingSammie
VIP Dibber

Truly shocking things this guy did. He was so arrogant and sly and narcissistic but clearly he is very charming and endearing. Which is almost more unsettling that the bad traits...
I like Efron for the role BUT i'm not sure the movie will do the terrible things he did justice. But I guess we will see.

My First Ever Pre-Trip Report - Sept 2015
My 2nd Pre-Trip Report! - Sept 2016
My Orlando 2019 Trip Report
My Orlando Feb 2022 Trip Report
DLP - May 2013, May 2018
Florida - 1998, 2000, 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
SmilingSammie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Mobile

Sorry late to this
Just watched it
So annoying how much attention he gets in court - banter etc which he obviously loves and how he is able to cross examine during his own trial
Old 14 May 20, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
pooh's gal
Excited about Disney

I watched this last week and watched the whole episodes in one go and wow! what a terrible man he was. I felt quite traumatised at the end of it, but also the women that were fawning all over him. Didn't they realise what an animal he was?
Old 14 May 20, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

If anyone has Prime there’s a really good Ted Bundy documentary, a little bit different from most. This one focuses on the people he affected for example his girlfriend and young daughter, his young brother and victims families. I understand how charismatic he was and how attractive he was considered, and it’s clear this contributes greatly to the sheer amount of attention this particular serial killer still gets. Even though these factors are acknowledged, it is nice to see a different aspect in this Prime documentary.
OKW again 2015 and Anna Maria
2017 Contemporary Resort & Anna Maria
ALWAYS AUGUST!

August 2022 my 50th! - Universal Hardrock Hotel, Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk villas, Polynesian, Anna Maria Island.

Moleymole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

I thought Zac played Bundy really well, I think there is a resemblance between them.
There seems to be a morbid curiosity about serial murderers, I must admit, I have one.
I watched a YouTube vlog recently, made by Adam the woo, he visits what was once the court house in Orlando. On one of the desks inside the courtroom is carved the name of someone that was on trial there,
Ted Bundy.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Originally Posted by stecee View Post
I thought Zac played Bundy really well, I think there is a resemblance between them.
There seems to be a morbid curiosity about serial murderers, I must admit, I have one.
I watched a YouTube vlog recently, made by Adam the woo, he visits what was once the court house in Orlando. On one of the desks inside the courtroom is carved the name of someone that was on trial there,
Ted Bundy.
The court house is now part of the History Center in downtown Orlando, well worth a visit. However the ‘Ted Bundy’ carving is now widely accepted to not be genuine and it is unlikely that his trial was conducted in that courtroom.

crimepiperblog.wordpress...tree-carvings/

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025

Edited at 12:08 PM.
Posiesmum is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List