Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 22 Mar 19, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Brock
Excited about Disney

My parking permit took 6 days from posting to arriving.
Brock is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 19, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
daval1980
slightly serious Dibber

Blue badge

Hi I have a blue badge and use a wheelchair, I can’t decide if I should get a us permit or not as all the bays are on the large side anyways but I will need it for the Disney parks as I can’t get on the tram. Would Disney accept my UK one or would it have to be a temporary US badge?

Thanks
Old 2 Apr 19, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather
Imagineer

The cost is minimal and, to be honest, if I am driving over there I always get their red badge! You should be ok at Disney with your blue badge but anywhere else could be a problem if the parking bays are smaller!
Old 3 Apr 19, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Removed due to change in contact info.

Edited at 01:25 AM.
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 19, 01:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

ChrisS as you say not worth not having one Iwas in Tractor Supplies earlier this evening and Haines City Police were having a feild day issuing tickets in the massive almost empty car park and apparently they had been in Walmart and Whinn Dixies car parks across the street
Earlier a fair few American snow birds from out of state got a nasty surprise trying there state badges
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 19, 02:23 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
ChrisS as you say not worth not having one Iwas in Tractor Supplies earlier this evening and Haines City Police were having a feild day issuing tickets in the massive almost empty car park and apparently they had been in Walmart and Whinn Dixies car parks across the street
Earlier a fair few American snow birds from out of state got a nasty surprise trying there state badges
It's unfortunate tho Helen, apparently a UK disabled badge became acceptable on the understanding the wheelchair logo is openly visible, which it isn't since the UK Gov changed to a hologram. To be clear with Fl law enforcement it's better to obtain a temporary Fl placard.
Old 3 Apr 19, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
marriner1965
A Guest at All-Stars

Mobile

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
I did electronically - using the signature format on the signing bit.
We did ours last weds 27th March and received it this Monday 1st of April so quite quick 😃😃
marriner1965 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 19, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Jennywren
VIP Dibber

We've just done ours and all went smoothly as always and processed very quickly. One thing to be aware of though is once you receive the e-mail to say ring them to pay they are having a few teething problems with a new telephone system it kept going to voicemail and they don't return calls to the UK, so took us a few attempts to get thru which they were very apologetic about.
Jennywren is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
amberspy
Imagineer

Mobile

Does anyone know how long it takes to get email confirmation back
amberspy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Dave+Hel
slightly serious Dibber

Dave+Hel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

If we have a blue badge already do we need to get the doctors part signed? Thanks
Dave+Hel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List