Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 23 Dec 19, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Men at Christmas

Just laughing at another thread where OP says she gave her husband ONE job, it made me laugh, what one job does your husband do at christmas?

Mine has gone away to work offshore for three weeks, he had one job - write his daughters christmas card. He wrote it, (I bought it of course) but forgot to write address on it, gave him a shove, he wrote address. Then I noticed it wasnt stuck down, I asked if anything else going inside it, No...
“Its only a flipping CARD, ONE CARD!” I exclaim, and you need poking twice to finish it!

Anyone else?

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 19, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

I give up with mine. I’ve stopped asking. Annoyed me as he asked me not to wrap all the kids presents while he was away but wait and do it together.
By together he meant he was gonna sit drink wine, play Xmas music and play with the kids monster trucks while I wrapped everything.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 19, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

My husband's one job was to write 2 cards. One to his mum and one to his dad and girlfriend. Every year he asks me if he should write them from both of us (yes dear...we've been together 20 years and you get the same answer every year) but this year he excelled himself... on the envelope to his dad and girlfriend he wrote Dad/Mandy! Obviously writing "and" or "&" was just too much effort for him, whilst I was sat on the floor wrapping the presents for his family that I had gone out and bought!

I keep telling him if that big red bus ever gets me he will be stuffed but he predicts that I am invincible so that's good!
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 19, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

My OH was very smug last week boasting about how he'd done his christmas shopping and had it all wrapped up... Well done fella you bought 3 presents and want a blue Peter badge for organisation, I got pressies for 2 girls, mine and his family and friends, wrote all the cards, ordered the food shop, tidied house... And then he gets me a bloody card from lilly that says to my daughter not from your daughter
🙄🙄🙄... in error cos he was rushing... So was I mate so was I
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 19, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

If it was important to them they'd do it.

If it is important to you, they get a couple of years grace and repetition to realise, and to do something about it

then you can see if you are important to them...

Been 20 years here, well oiled machine of a team... (handy a couple of years ago when I was in hospital 'til just before Christmas! He made Christmas happen.)
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 19, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Kd0758
Very Serious Dibber

My husband just thinks that all jobs are done together WE found everyone’s gifts (he does agree that HE paid for them), WE wrapped everyone’s gifts, WE will make Christmas dinner.

He’s always telling everyone about us making dinner so I make sure to say ‘oh yeah, how long does ... take to cook?’ he wouldn’t have a clue because I do it all

Brings me back to a story from when we first got together (it was the beginning of December), I’d been given a scratch card for Christmas and I’d scratched it and won £40. We went over to his parents house where he proudly told his dad that WE had won £40 on a scratch card.
Kd0758 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 19, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

My husband will be as surprised as the kids to what they get this year because apart from their main presents he has not got a clue what I have got them.
The only job he does is to get the decorations down from the attic and help out them up. He deserves a medal obviously 🙄
Floridatilly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 19, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

Girls you are all forgetting that the task given must have a proper risk assessment done before work commences then after that us guys must ponder as to how to perform the said task in an efficient way, this may take some time, as there are many many variables to consider. Then as work commences things may crop up that disrupt the task in hand so really it is not a case of not performing the tssk immediately but performing it to necessary parameters 🥰🥰🥰

Edited at 02:54 PM.
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 19, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Labboy View Post
Girls you are all forgetting that the task given must have a proper risk assessment done before work commences then after that us guys must ponder as to how to perform the said task in an efficient way, this may take some time, as there are many many variables to consider. Then as work commences things may crop up that disrupt the task in hand so really it is not a case of not performing the tssk immediately but performing it to necessary parameters 🥰🥰🥰
ahhhh - there's the problem.

Some of us are grown women, not girls - and have men who muck-in, get on with it, and get the job done.

"necessary parameters" - good enough is close enough...
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 19, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

One job, to buy sloe gin mince pies from Aldi. They don't sell them says
he. No they don't 'cos you went to Lidls