Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 17 Jan 20, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
be1985
Trying for More Ears

First Time - 10 Days - Early Draft

Hi All,

We are going to Disney World from the 14th October for 10 nights. The first 8 at AKL and then the final 2 at the Polynesian. I'm trying to get an extra night at the Polynesian, so potentially do it 7 AKL and 3 Polynesian.

We have a 5 year old, and having looked through the rides it seems like the majority of what we want to do is at the Magic Kingdom.

Any advice most welcome! Let me know if you need any more info,

October 14th: Arrive 2.25. Meal at hotel (likely room service)

15th - Animal Kingdom
Kiliminjaro Safari
Festival of the Lion King
Wildlife Express Train
Boneyard
Kali River Rapids

16th - Hollywood Studios. Half Day. Lunch at the 50s Prime Time Cafe
Indiana Jones Stunt Show
Muppets
Mike and Sully
Beauty and the Beast
Runaway Railway

17th - Magic Kingdom

18th - Hollywood Studios. Do the Mickey Dace Party and a ride. Resort Day

19th - Magic Kingdom

20th - not sure what to do here.

21st - Magic Kingdom and head to the Polynesian,

22nd - Polynesian resort day

23rd - Magic Kingdom in the morning. Polynesian show at night

24th - 17.20 plane

Is Disney Springs worth us visiting? I was wondering whether it is worth getting a taxi to Port Orleans FQ one morning, having breakfast there and doing the boat? We might also do the horse carriage at FQ.

What we want to do in the Magic Kingdom:
Jungle Cruise
Peter Pan
Winnie the Pooh
Tea Party
Dumbo
Tom Sawyer Island
Seven Dwarfs
Aladdin Magic Carpet Ride
Buzz Lightyear ride
Monsters Inc Laugh Factory
Little Mermaid

We also plan to fit in some Character Dining at some point.

Thanks for reading through!
be1985 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Have you got a dining plan for any of your stay?

You haven’t mentioned Epcot, I would definitely go there, mine at similar ages have liked Test Track and Soarin, the Figment ride, and the Seas is good too as you have the Nemo ride, Turtle Talk with Crush and they like looking in the aquariums

Also for AK I would include Navi River and Triceratops Spin. FOP would depend on height and the child at that age, my middle son loved it at 6.5.

In HS, what about Toy Story land?

For MK, for FPs most of those would be easy to get, except Seven Dwarfs which you might want to plan a few days into your stay, and Peter Pan.

Disney Springs is mainly shops and restaurants, there is a big Disney shop and a Lego store
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi,

Is there any reason why you want to go the Poly as well? Changing hotel is a bit of a hassle and AKL is one of the best.

Since you have not listed FOP or Slinky I assume you are not planning to do them. If you are then put AK/HS towards the end of the trip to maximise your chances of getting FPs.
Use https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/fas...ailability.php

As Eccle says you have no Epcot. That is one our favourite places to go. Usually needs a couple of day to get around.

We are not big fans of Disney Springs. Just a lot of shops really. There are some nice restaurants. We only go to pick up our gift card or the tickets have ran out.

Edited at 01:40 PM.
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

As above, I would include at least one day at Epcot; such a beautiful park and whilst parts of it have a more 'grown up' feel, there's still plenty for a 5 year old to enjoy, including a number of 'low thrill' rides as well as parts of the world showcase.

Also second the comments above re Toy Story land at HS - both alien saucers and toy story mania would be fun at that age, and the land is just so cute - your daughter would love it.

For us Disney Springs was a little disappointing; really just a collection of shops and restaurants and personally I wouldn't go out of my way to take a 5 year old there.
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
be1985
Trying for More Ears

Thanks for replies. I completely forgot about Toy Story Land so will add in. Soaring looks incredible! I'll look through the rest of the Epcot rides. I'd love to do FOP but sadly our son is currently too short for it.

For HS - I think I'll up it to two fullish days and figure out where we want the 'rests' instead.

Regarding switching to the Poly - I'd love to eat at Ohana for dinner and also do the Polynesian show and don't want to struggle get DS out in the evening. I thought it was relatively easy to switch? Don't Disney move your bags for you?

Will give Disney Springs a miss. For shopping - I was thinking of one afternoon while DS and husband are enjoying the pool of getting a taxi out to Target. Is there any other quick shopping you do? The only other place I'd love to go is J Crew Factory but there doesn't appear to be one any where near Disney.

Dining plan - we decided not to have one as I couldn't see us eating all the snacks and dessert you get (wishful thinking perhaps!)
be1985 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

Soarin', Test Track and Frozen are currently the best rides in Epcot. Ratatouille is coming soon which will be the go to ride.

That is unfortunate FOP is the best ride at AK. Maybe the adults could go on separately. Go to the Boneyard and let him play while you take turns to do the ride.

If you are happy with the packing/unpacking then you will be fine. Disney will move them but there are some cons this is taken from wdwprep website.

'While the service is free, you will need to tip the Cast Members that handle your bags and your bags may take a while to arrive to the next resort. Also, in most cases, when you get to your next resort you will need to call Bell Services there to ask for your bags to be delivered (which means more waiting).'

if you are happy with that then stick to the plan!

You could uber/minnie van AKL/Poly for Ohana/SOA.

Or bus from AKL - MK - monorail to Poly.

The Spirit of Aloha the early show starts at 5.15 so you would be done pretty early.
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

You could do rider switch for FOP, it is quite time consuming though as it is not a quick ride to get through. Definitely do Toy Story Land, and Test Track is a great ride too, it is fast but exhilarating rather than scary, my middle son loved it at just turned 4.
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

You will have a great time whatever you choose to do .
Would definitely do Epcot - enough for the little one anyway but don’t forget about you 2 .
Make sure you plan based on the busy day guide .
Check out all the shows , parades and fireworks - there is w lot more than just rides
Take a buggy for DS and if he tires he can sleep in that so you can see the firework shows , have a drink or just take in the night- time atmosphere.
During the day if you want to do rides that are two big for DS, do rider switch or single rider - it’s your holiday too
Look at the character meets , maybe get their autographs or do pin trading .
What about water parks ? There’s two great ones ( one may be closed in October) but better than just a day at the resort pool.
And have a look at the likes of splash mountain , big thunder mountain and tower of terror.
Most 5 year olds would love them - 102cm restriction
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads

Edited at 08:31 PM.
buryboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List