Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 10 Feb 20, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’ve a boy 12 and a girl 14, they don’t care what bedding they have. My kids would sleep in duvets with pictures of Freddie Kruger as long as they got left alone to sleep 😂 Just book they villa you like and don’t worry about the bedding, unless you’re really against what’s in the bedroom, then look for an alternative villa. I generally book villas with non themed/neutral decor but the kids will literally sleep anywhere.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by hardly View Post
One thing that’s causing me some issues.
Trying to get villa sorted. DW wants bedding as a girls room in the villa, most villas I seen are either neutral or boys colours.
I suggested going to Walmart and getting a duvet cover and pillowcase something Disney ish or princess. Would Wal-Mart be best. Nothing so pricey as I will leave it behind.
How much roughly would it cost.
I totally get this, my dd is a little older now but when she was younger I always looked for villas with girly/princess themed rooms. We did have some beautiful ones, I did ask villa owners that didn't have a themed room if they had a change of bedding and mostly they did, one villa owner even offered to buy some princess bedding for us to use.

Might not seem much to others but seeing my daughters face when she opened the door to her princess bedroom was priceless.

OP ask villa owners if they have any princess bedding available if not have a look for a disney throw in home bargains or b&m and put it over her bed before she goes in. You could even look at walmart on line for some prices but would guess a throw would be cheaper option.
Good luck in your quest
Old 10 Feb 20, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

I sympathise with OP, my daughter is 8 and she set her heart on having a double bed to herself lol ! She didn't want a single bed (and nor do I )
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Sarahemeliarose
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

A lot of villas will have spare bedding/linen closets. You might find something a bit more girly in there or just take a blanket from home as a few others have suggested. Definitely wouldn’t be buying one, your daughter will be that tired from being in the parks she won’t care. My 11 year old boy will have a Winnie the Pooh themed room on our holiday this year 😂🙈
Sarahemeliarose is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
hardly
Excited about Disney

If it was me I would sleep on a pallet. My 8 year old daughter wants a room that is more girl bias.
hardly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
you could always have a look on the internet and have it delivered to the clubhouse and pick it up when you arrive
rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

Plenty for sale at Walmart, just google Walmart princess bedding (sorry I’m useless with links), be aware that some are comforters, like a thin duvet, around $40, if choosing one of those I’d take a vacuum bag with you and bring it home, your DD can enjoy it all summer then!

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Jiljo
Imagineer

I can completely get this. Our two twin rooms are usually setup as Princess themed and Minion themed, but we have a range of alternatives available, girls, boys, gender neutral and adult ones, and you would be surprised the amount of guests who have asked for a change of theme before they arrive. I can also remember when my 2 girls were little they adored themed rooms. For a small child visiting Disney, especially for the first time, they can mean a lot. On the other hand, some families hate any sort of theming.
Some good ideas above about taking a themed blanket or buying a thin comforter to take home. But you may be surprised and find the option available in the villa.

See our new 360 degree tour, December 2019.

https://kuula.co/share/collection/7l...less=1&logo=-1

Edited at 09:00 PM.
Jiljo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Mobile

If you leave it behind don’t forget to put a note on it , it would be a shame for it to go in the trash it could be reused or given to goodwill.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
disneygirl1985
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
We love a good themed room to be able to appeal to all we chose a Frozen & Star Wars Twin Rooms. We have multiple sets of bedding so it is defiantly worth discussing options with any villa owners before going out and spending money.