Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 16 Apr 20, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
twigs72
Getting to know the DIBB

Can you get you money back from Holiday extras on the parking even if you didn't pay for the cancellation extra fee as I have only had a voucher.
twigs72 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 20, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Christopher5927
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by twigs72 View Post
Can you get you money back from Holiday extras on the parking even if you didn't pay for the cancellation extra fee as I have only had a voucher.
I doubt it. I paid extra to able to cancel with a refund and they say that I can only have a voucher. I got an email from them yesterday which said, “Sorry for the delay in response but we have been extremely busy at present.
We are working extremely hard with a limited team size due to the coronavirus outbreak. We just wanted to let you know that we haven't forgotten you and we will get to your request as soon as we can.
Once again apologies for the delay.”

I have every sympathy for companies in these awful days but they cannot change their policy like this. I will not be letting this drop.
Christopher5927 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 20, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I would think it reasonable for Holiday Extras to give a credit voucher if a non refundable rate was purchased originally. For those who purchased cancellation cover as an extra the company are still only giving a voucher and also withholding the premium paid for cancellation.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 20, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

I will find it very unreasonable if I receive a voucher after paying the additional insurance AND receiving an email saying that they'll give a cash refund. I've not heard anything since 19th March and will give the until the end of next week before taking things further.
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 20, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
welsh wizard
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by archibald View Post
I will find it very unreasonable if I receive a voucher after paying the additional insurance AND receiving an email saying that they'll give a cash refund. I've not heard anything since 19th March and will give the until the end of next week before taking things further.
I'm in exactly the same position. I had an email from them on the 17th March confirming my refund was being processed but could take up to 30 days. Nothing received back on my cc and an email yesterday saying I was getting a voucher. I have emailed them and got a generic reply saying they would respond in 7 days. I suppose I could go through my cc company but it's wrong because I paid the extra for cancellation protection.
Old 17 Apr 20, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Christopher5927
Being a bit Goofy

Just seen this on the website:
Hi, my team of 200 travel advisors and I want to make sure we deliver our promise to you of less hassle, more holiday.
You can quickly reach us by phone, chat or email any day of the week, no matter what the query. Every person here is not only friendly, highly trained and extremely patient but also knows the travel world inside out.
Please remember, our reason for being here is to help you. So thanks for choosing Holiday Extras. And happy travelling."
Ian Copley
Holiday Extras Customer Director”

I was daft enough to believe it, so I called the number (“You can quickly reach us by phone, chat or email any day of the week, no matter what the query”) and was told ‘we have temporarily closed our phone lines’. It just gets worse!
Christopher5927 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 20, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
twigs72
Getting to know the DIBB

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
I would think it reasonable for Holiday Extras to give a credit voucher if a non refundable rate was purchased originally. For those who purchased cancellation cover as an extra the company are still only giving a voucher and also withholding the premium paid for cancellation.
It was only a question to see what other people had but not too fussed as the voucher date can be extended if not used before the expire date.
twigs72 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 20, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

It was only a question to see what other people had but not too fussed as the voucher date can be extended if not used before the expire date.
Hope you can get to use your voucher. I just don’t think I will get to use mine. If my trip in August doesn’t go ahead either I will be stuck with another hotel and parking voucher. They didn’t even refund the cancellation cover which I thought was a right cheek. As if they are pretending it didn’t exist !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 20, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
teamsingo134
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Being given a voucher won't be so bad, provided they don't just hike up the prices for upcoming trips like it seems TA have been.
teamsingo134 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 20, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

When I tried to cancel last week it was offering either a voucher for the full amount or a refund of the amount less £10, however, there was, of course, no actual option to get the refund only the voucher, which I took.

Legally I am unsure where I stand in getting money back, I did not take the insurance.

I would probably be reporting them to the FOS if I had taken insurance and was then only given a voucher- after making a formal complaint first.