Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 27 Mar 20, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Pino_Spetzberg View Post
Good point about variable BT packages.

Mine is paid directly to BT for access via Sky. One of the older type contracts.

I think next time I'll pay for MotoGP on the MotoGP website instead.

For a communications company BT are not very good at communications for their subscribers.
They are now cheaper than sky I believe and what hubby now loves best is the flexibility. He can cancel sports when their no football on.

To be fair I don’t think we have watched sports in a long time. He just likes it there. No idea why.

Haven’t been able to watch MotoGP since simonchelli(can’t spell) died. Used to like motorbikes before the kids
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Pino_Spetzberg View Post
BT have certainly made that clear.
With everything going on unfortunately sports will be the last on the list.
Have a look at their new packages. We have the £60 for vip one and think £5 hd now. Think I could just get away with the £20 package. Might just pretend to forget to add sports back on when this is all over
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Please understand that I know that BT sports is not their priority. I really don’t want to ring them, but I do think that they should offer a pause online as Sky have done, then customers would not need to call.
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
Haven’t been able to watch MotoGP since Simoncelli died. Used to like motorbikes before the kids
Know exactly what you mean there.
That weekend was awful. Marco was one of our favourites.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 12:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Tco200
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridarules View Post
Please understand that I know that BT sports is not their priority. I really don’t want to ring them, but I do think that they should offer a pause online as Sky have done, then customers would not need to call.
The option will be there, maybe announced Monday now but it is coming.

Sky’s main output is the TV, for BT the focus has been on connectivity in the first instance but there will be a follow up on the tv side
Tco200 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 01:17 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nikki1980pink View Post
I work for BT business (not residential so cant help with tv packages) but right now every department is under pressure to keep key worker businesses up and running, some call centres are closed too or running at low staff so please be patient that your query will be resolved but its not priority!
Ugh ... if Sky could provide online pause for both Sky Sports and BT Sports then why can’t BT ?
What a dreadful message to customers “you are not a priority”
If I can deal with OR issues AND Sports pauses in my job there’s absolutely no good reason why BT can’t for their customers.
Excuse my bluntness ... I’ve just finished for the night and dealt with some awful cases tonight , I’m tough but when you are talking with disabled pensioners who haven’t seen a soul for days or weeks and they are crying just because someone takes the time with them it makes you count your blessings. At least with pause available on line it frees me up for customers like that ... so yes I understand priorities but by dragging their feet setting up on line pause ability BT are making it harder for those in real need to get through !

Edited at 01:25 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Ugh ... if Sky could provide online pause for both Sky Sports and BT Sports then why can’t BT ?
What a dreadful message to customers “you are not a priority”
If I can deal with OR issues AND Sports pauses in my job there’s absolutely no good reason why BT can’t for their customers.
Excuse my bluntness ... I’ve just finished for the night and dealt with some awful cases tonight , I’m tough but when you are talking with disabled pensioners who haven’t seen a soul for days or weeks and they are crying just because someone takes the time with them it makes you count your blessings. At least with pause available on line it frees me up for customers like that ... so yes I understand priorities but by dragging their feet setting up on line pause ability BT are making it harder for those in real need to get through !
Not all companies will work the same way. As I said earlier Bt use two different types. On theirs I will be able to take it off same as many. When it’s on a sky box it surely wouldn’t be the same process.

Sky is first and foremost a tv company. Bt is a broadband company.

It’s not like people are paying for what they don’t get. It’s just Bt seems to be crediting and sky can “pause”

It’s like you saying that the old sky sports main event on the old Bt tv can be paused. Can it?

Companies definitely don’t work the same unfortunately.
Old 28 Mar 20, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

bt/coronavirus

Just found this?

Thought it was about sports. Maybe not
Old 28 Mar 20, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Not all companies will work the same way. As I said earlier Bt use two different types. On theirs I will be able to take it off same as many. When it’s on a sky box it surely wouldn’t be the same process.

Sky is first and foremost a tv company. Bt is a broadband company.

It’s not like people are paying for what they don’t get. It’s just Bt seems to be crediting and sky can “pause”

It’s like you saying that the old sky sports main event on the old Bt tv.
No credit here, Just £22 for not much 😥
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

bt/coronavirus

Just found this?

Thought it was about sports. Maybe not
sport.bt/

It is thanks, they are offering credit or donation. At least I don’t have to call them now. Thanks BT 👍

Edited at 11:37 AM.