Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Apr 20, 06:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Rachaelwoolly
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I’d happily fly out of either indirect rather than battle my way back to LAX for a direct flight. It would depend which attractions I was doing last but of the two (I’ve used both) I prefer Burbank or even Long Beach. SAN Diego would be another good option as a last stop too.
Thanks !
This idea of flying out of local airports is a great thing to consider !
Rachaelwoolly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 20, 06:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Rachaelwoolly
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Might be worth timing it to avoid Disney at the weekend.
Thanks !
Yes have been working it all out !
Rachaelwoolly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 20, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

I flew into LAX, did universal and warner studios over 3 nights, drove to Disney, took over an hour, after that flew from Santa Ana John Wyne to San Fran hired a car and drove down PH coast via Monterey pismo etc back to LA over about 5 nights.

One thing with the LA area is the traffic and the freeways are horrible to drive on, simple journeys can take triple the expected time.
Old 15 Apr 20, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mobys mum View Post
Wow !

Thanks Bad Tink Pink
I think thats a good plan, my only other option is to drop to 3 nights in San Francisco or drop it all together focusing on LA and plan for Yosemite and SF on another trip but Im not sure about that.Its actually cheaper to do the multi flight option rather than return LAX , although I appreciate its all the other spending costs for SF that will add up .
Decisions decisions...
So Much to do and so little time ..!
Don’t drop SF in lieu of LA. It’s really not the city of dreams and SF is amazing.
Old 15 Apr 20, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachaelwoolly
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
I flew into LAX, did universal and warner studios over 3 nights, drove to Disney, took over an hour, after that flew from Santa Ana John Wyne to San Fran hired a car and drove down PH coast via Monterey pismo etc back to LA over about 5 nights.

One thing with the LA area is the traffic and the freeways are horrible to drive on, simple journeys can take triple the expected time.
thanks Gavvy !

It sounds like a great trip
Old 15 Apr 20, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachaelwoolly
VIP Dibber

Thanks !

i agree with you and i've not been yet, its just getting a sense of SF, most people seem to really like, whereas people seem to find LA a bit Marmite !
I won't drop SF
Old 15 Apr 20, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

On this next trip (if we get there) we are ending in Anaheim. Dropping car off as don’t need it and I don’t want to pay parking fees. On our last day I have a private tour booked so will do that on the departure day and they are dropping me off at airport. Stress free
Old 15 Apr 20, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Jes
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

We're booked to do something similar. Flying to SFO for 3 nights then to Santa Ana for 5 nights in Anaheim then moving up to Universal for 6 nights. Originally planned 4 nights in San Francisco but because we're doing the Halloween Horror Nights we wanted to arrive at Universal on the Thursday so had to work it round that. Flights to SNA were reasonable with Alaska Airlines and I think being closer to Anaheim will be a bonus. I'm not sure how it will be getting to LAX for going home but planning to leave plenty of time. However, I'm not getting my hopes up that we'll be going this year! If you decide to do Anaheim first definitely look at SFO to SNA there were several flights throughout the day to choose from when we booked.
2019 - Hard Rock Hotel - HHN 2010 - Hard Rock Hotel & Dolphin 2009 - Hard Rock Hotel - HHN 2007 - Hard Rock Hotel & Dolphin & Westin Times Square, NY 2006 - Buena Vista Palace 1998 - Hyatt Orlando/Caribbean Cruise on Grand Princess
Jes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 20, 06:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Rachaelwoolly
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
On this next trip (if we get there) we are ending in Anaheim. Dropping car off as don’t need it and I don’t want to pay parking fees. On our last day I have a private tour booked so will do that on the departure day and they are dropping me off at airport. Stress free
Ooh, now that a great idea ! The planning is all definitely part of the fun
Old 16 Apr 20, 06:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Rachaelwoolly
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Jes View Post
We're booked to do something similar. Flying to SFO for 3 nights then to Santa Ana for 5 nights in Anaheim then moving up to Universal for 6 nights. Originally planned 4 nights in San Francisco but because we're doing the Halloween Horror Nights we wanted to arrive at Universal on the Thursday so had to work it round that. Flights to SNA were reasonable with Alaska Airlines and I think being closer to Anaheim will be a bonus. I'm not sure how it will be getting to LAX for going home but planning to leave plenty of time. However, I'm not getting my hopes up that we'll be going this year! If you decide to do Anaheim first definitely look at SFO to SNA there were several flights throughout the day to choose from when we booked.
Mmm..its such a shame if you can't travel this year as planned . I see you are booked September which is what I am thinking ( for next year ) although it seems awfully long away it will come.
Now then Halloween horror night ... the boys would love so may have to rethink things a bit. I think I will look at flight options when available for best price so may do SF first as the thought of ending our trip in LA and trying to make our flight home from LAX fills me with horror..the thought of not getting back to the airport..We got stuck gridlocked in the car for 4 hours in Paris in 2017 due to several accidents and trying to get to the Chunnel and could not move so I know it happens and that was not so much a disaster as a missed flight from USA would be !
Ive been checking out the internal flights and that is definitely the best way..no driving for me... that 2017 DLP trip has got a lot to answer for !
I hope when you get to go on your trip you have a great time..