Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 13 Apr 20, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Tigger mad
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile Closure update

Hi everyone, just wanted to let you know that according to Twitter, France will continue in lockdown until the 11th of May and large gatherings are postponed until mid July. I’m guessing this means Pride, Electroland and possibly the Lion King and Jungle Festival will be cancelled. No updates on refunds, rebookings etc just yet. Hopefully that will be updated in the morning.
Tigger mad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 20, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
ontwofronts
Excited about Disney

No large gatherings means no DLP full stop
ontwofronts is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 20, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by Tigger mad View Post
Hi everyone, just wanted to let you know that according to Twitter, France will continue in lockdown until the 11th of May and large gatherings are postponed until mid July. I’m guessing this means Pride, Electroland and possibly the Lion King and Jungle Festival will be cancelled. No updates on refunds, rebookings etc just yet. Hopefully that will be updated in the morning.
Why do you "according to twitter"? Twitter do or say very little - they certainly won't be saying anything about DLP.

Many accounts on twitter will be saying things, in which case "According to XXXXXX on twitter... " would be more appropriate.

Regardless, we don't need to do "according to twitter' when this is news covered by all major news outlets from quite a few hours ago, eg: theguardian/world/20...-another-month

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 20, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Why do you "according to twitter"? Twitter do or say very little - they certainly won't be saying anything about DLP.

Many accounts on twitter will be saying things, in which case "According to XXXXXX on twitter... " would be more appropriate.

Regardless, we don't need to do "according to twitter' when this is news covered by all major news outlets from quite a few hours ago, eg: theguardian/world/20...-another-month
Unnecessarily tetchy, not what you say but the way you say it!
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 20, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
MK_club1987
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Well there goes the small hope I had of booking for June 2020 for DS birthday.

Seriously sick of this year already.
MK_club1987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 20, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Tigger mad
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post

I’m sorry if my post offended you but I thought it better to put my source eg Twitter rather than me just writing what I’d heard. I also thought it was quite a major development and that others that maybe affected by this including myself! would like to know.

Instead of bashing me publicly why not message me privately if you have an issue or better yet, scroll and move on! I’m fed up of seeing far too many people turning in each other right now when yes it’s an uncertain time for us all but we should be supporting each other!
Tigger mad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 20, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Tigger mad
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Originally Posted by MK_club1987 View Post
Well there goes the small hope I had of booking for June 2020 for DS birthday.

Seriously sick of this year already.
I’m sorry this is affecting your plans. That would’ve been a fab birthday! Are you able to replan for next year or is it a big birthday? 😊
Old 14 Apr 20, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
MK_club1987
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I’m sorry this is affecting your plans. That would’ve been a fab birthday! Are you able to replan for next year or is it a big birthday? 😊
It will be his 5th birthday, so not like a big one, its more cause as a family we've had a really few rubbish years with different things going on, not been able to afford a holiday or anything for 3 years, and this could finally afford a trip to DLP again, and now this damn virus comes.

I know its not the end of the world and the main thing is were safe, in just sick of the virus in general!
MK_club1987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 20, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Tigger mad
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Originally Posted by MK_club1987 View Post
It will be his 5th birthday, so not like a big one, its more cause as a family we've had a really few rubbish years with different things going on, not been able to afford a holiday or anything for 3 years, and this could finally afford a trip to DLP again, and now this damn virus comes.

I know its not the end of the world and the main thing is were safe, in just sick of the virus in general!
I’m sorry to hear that! Aw, that could be a lovely treat for finishing his first year of school if you could book for next year 😉Really something to look forward to. I’ll keep everything crossed that luck is on your side!
Old 14 Apr 20, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
I’m sorry if my post offended you but I thought it better to put my source eg Twitter rather than me just writing what I’d heard. I also thought it was quite a major development and that others that maybe affected by this including myself! would like to know.

Instead of bashing me publicly why not message me privately if you have an issue or better yet, scroll and move on! I’m fed up of seeing far too many people turning in each other right now when yes it’s an uncertain time for us all but we should be supporting each other!
The point is your source is not twitter. Twitter is a company that runs a social media platform.

Organisations and individuals post things on twitter. The person or organisation is your source, not twitter. The organisation/person is who you should be quoting as your source.

Apologies for my apparent tetchiness, but I read "according to twitter" or "according to Facebook" lines a lot and it's meaningless unless it is actually Twitter or Facebook issuing a communication, and invariably it isn't.

"According to a post from XXXXXXX which I saw on twitter... " is a lot better way of framing what you were trying to say.

Peace.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List