Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 19 Apr 20, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

Talking 5-week Split Stay in Florida, Feb/March 2020 - Day 16: Animal Kingdom & Disney Springs

Day 16: Animal Kingdom & Disney Springs
February 25, 2020

[-- Trip Index --]

We all woke up around 6AM after a mediocre sleep. After two weeks in a huge villa, it takes some getting used to all sleeping in the same room again! Myla tosses and turns a lot and she was coughing a lot. I was worried about her getting sick, but she was okay soon after waking up. I think it was just the airconditioning and after a few sips of water she was fine, no more coughing the rest of the day.

Michael got up at 4:30-5AM like he always does, and he went to the gym first thing in the morning, and picked up coffees for him and me from Artist's Palette on the way back. He was IN LOVE with the gym here - said it was totally awesome, nice and big, and with great showers. He likes to shower there right after his workout and wouldn't like having to walk back to the room in his sweaty workout gear, so he was really happy with these facilities.

Since I was up so early too, I did a little bit of work in the morning. We ate breakfast in the room, I showered, and we all got dressed for Animal Kingdom, our firm family-favorite as Myla LOVES animals!

With the 2-minute walk to the bus stop, we were there for 8:45 and waited around 10-15 minutes for the bus. It still felt a bit cold in the shade, but it was very pleasant in the sunshine and we didn't bother with leggings or jackets today.

Much to Myla's delight, another child had a bubble blower, and she was running around trying to catch them all!

Once the bus came at 9, we went around all the SSP bus stops, and we were at the AK entrance for 9:30.

It was pretty busy at the entrance and everywhere really, though luckily the entry queue moved very fast.

Our first FP was to meet Mickey and Minnie, and we leasurely made our way there via Discover Island. Well, not that we had any choice with regards to the pace lol, we were just going the same speed the rest of the crowd was.

We were there around 9:50 and joined the FP queue.

Even with our Fastpasses, we still had to wait 20 minutes for our turn, but of course it was all worth it as Myla loved meeting them. She gave Minnie such a big hug we thought she was never going to let her go! The characters loved seeing their special pages and made a big fuss of them - Myla was beaming so proudly! I've included a video of the meets at the bottom of this page again.

We were all in the mood for a snack now, and decided to get some coffees from Starbucks. On the way, we passed a popcorn stand and stopped to buy a popcorn bucket. It's only $12 and the refills only $2, so a great value snack considering 1 refill does Myla ALL day long!

At Creature Comforts we got one coffee, one cappuchino, and a slice of banana bread, and sat in the sun to eat it all while Myla enjoyed her popcorn.

Our next FastPass for Navi River Journey was coming up, so we walked from Africa on to Pandora. We stopped at a Lion King photo pass on the way - Myla didn't want to be in the photo as she was too busy eating lol.

Love this area and the attention to detail!

Edited at 03:06 PM.
nothingless is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 20, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

The standbye queue for Navi River Journey was 120 minutes, so definitely a good use of a FP today! I mean, I really like this ride but I wouldn't queue 120 minutes for it!

Love the River Journey again - it's so peaceful and pretty! Myla was a bit scared of the big animatronic at the end, and didn't actually believe us that it wasn't real.

Our next Fastpass was for Kilimanjaro Safari, so we slowly walked from Pandora to Africa, enjoying the sunshine and marveling at the massive Flight of Passage queue, which stretched nearly all the way to Festival Of The Lion King!

FoP queue on the left hand side there.

Yes, still Flight Of Passage queue!

Myla really loves face paint, and we passed the Face Paint kiosk in Africa when she spotted the sign and asked if she could get her face painted. Michael and I had already decided before the holiday to say yes, since we know how much she loves it, so she ran off to pick which one she wanted. I thought she would have gone for one of the princess ones, but no, she wanted the tiger! Alrighty then lol! It was $20 and Michael went into the shop behind us to pay for it while the guy got started. It only took 5 minutes but he did a brilliant job at all. Myla sat super still, and he added touches of glitter too.

Myla was over the moon, and as we joined the Safari queue, she entertained everyone around us by growling at them and pretending to scare them haha. Everyone thought it was the most adorable thing!

Safari itself was a great one, we saw lots of animals up close. It’s also funny to see the difference between last year, when Myla only sat with her hands over her ears and was a bit scared of the big trucks - now she enjoyed it and was looking around and calling out animals!
nothingless is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 20, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

We were hungry now, and headed into the nearby Harambe Market for lunch.

On the way, we passed this cool metal Lion King wall, and I took a few photos of Myla with her awesome face paint, knowing it'd likely get messed up while eating lunch.

A CM who walked passed pretended to be super scared of Myla to her joy, then offered to take a photo of all 3 of us, I love this one!

Michael and I had a Roasted Vegetable Bowl each, which was lovely, and Myla asked for the kids' corndog meal. I knew she wouldn't like that, but she wouldn't listen to me so I ordered it for her against my better judgment. She took one look at it and said "I don't like it" - wouldn't even taste it! *rolls eyes* She ate the sides of carrots and apple slices though, it was $29 altogether.

Myla asked if we could go see real tigers, since we hadn't seen any on the Safari. So we headed into Asia for the Maharajah walking trail.

We all love these parts of AK, with so much to see and explore on the trails. Myla asked me to take her photo when she spotted the big tiger mural:

Another guest walking passed us told her she made for a brilliant tiger!

At the actual tiger habitat, we saw a huge one very up close. I didn't get a good photo of it as we were too busy pointing and looking, but Myla was very happy!

After the trail, she was getting tired and ate snacks in the stroller for a while. We decided to head to Dinoland to see if we could get another signature for her book today, and walked past Everest in the general right direction.

As we walked passed Finding Nemo, a castmember told us the show was starting in 5 minutes and there were plenty seats left if we fancied seeing it. I asked Myla and she was all for it, so we parked the stroller and spontaneously headed in. We had great seats and Myla really loved it - she likes the movie anyway, and loved seeing the characters on stage.

So half an hour later than planned, we did finally make it to Dinoland and Myla dove right into the little car photo opp at the beginning lol.

We looked around for a bit here - I'd only been here last in 2015 on our honeymoon, and only briefly, we never made it here at all last year so I didn't actually know exactly where the character meets were!

Turns out they were all on a break, which is why I didn't see any haha! We saw Goofy return, but he had a big queue so we decided to catch him another time.

Old 19 Apr 20, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

Daisy, however, had a much smaller queue so we joined it. She was lovely as always, big hugs for Myla!

By now, it was 15:30 already and we'd spent much longer in AK than we had intended! We decided to head back, thinking maybe we could have a quick swim back at Saratoga.

We ran into Kevin on the way back - hi Kevin!

At the park exit we couldn't resisted the Lion King photopass there, so perfect for our dresses! The photographer was great and took lots of time with us to make sure Myla was looking the right way and joining in.

We were on a bus by 4PM and I had a tired little muchkin on my lap, who promptly fell fast asleep as soon as the bus pulled away!

We laid her on her bed when we got into the room, and she slept a full hour in total. By then it was past 5PM and too late to go swimming. I finished my work on the laptop, she played around on the iPad for a bit, and I did my best to clean her face from the leftover face paint. Around 6PM we walked over to the boat dock to get dinner in Disney Springs.

It was easy to find and such a quick walk from our room - we were really lucky with our location! There was a boat sitting waiting for us, and it rocked a bit in the wind while we were waiting to go - I hate boats, so that made me a touch nervous but luckily it was only few minutes.

I did my best with cleaning her face but you can still see it a little lol!

Once we left the boat dock, we were in DS in absolutely no time, maybe 5-6 minutes? It was a nice ride and Myla LOVED the novelty of being on a boat.

We walked straight to D-Luxe Burger, eager to try out their plant based Pacific Burger.

We sat down outside with a beautiful view!

We got 2 burgers with 1 side of fries to split between us, the total was $31 and it was all delicious! The various BBQ sauces they have on tap were all so yummy too, and the burgers were divine!

Myla was promised a chocolate icecream for dessert so we headed to Erin McKenna's Bakery for that. On the way as we were crossing the bridge, I heard a strange rushing noise, and out of nowhere the heavens opened and it started raining so hard! We were in the middle of the bridge at this point with NO cover and had to run, yet still we were soaked lol. We ducked under an awning across from Morimento Asia, along with a dozen other people. Myla thought this was all hilarious lol and still talks about how funny it was when it started raining so hard haha. I wrung out her and my hair, and we put our hoodies on over our wet dresses so we wouldn't get too cold. Luckily it stopped raining after 10 minutes or so, but we still decided to get the ice cream to go and eat it back in our room!

There was a boat waiting for us, so we were back in Saratoga Springs in no time.

We were all in bed with lights out for 20:30 after a long but awesome day!

Here's the little video from today:
Old 19 Apr 20, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Brilliant day

Joan
Old 19 Apr 20, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

What a fantastic day! Love Myla’s face paint and her pose in front of the tiger mural!
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 20, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyBe
Getting to know the DIBB

Enjoying following your trip. We were in Florida at the same time as you. We were surprised how chilly it was on some days. And, at how busy the parks were.
Your dresses are beautiful and what a good idea to create Myla a personalise autograph book. She looks brilliant as a tiger, very scary.
LadyBe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 20, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by LadyBe View Post
We were surprised how chilly it was on some days. And, at how busy the parks were.
Yes us too! I knew it may be busy, and I knew there may be a cold spell, but I sure regretted not bringing our proper coats!
Old 24 May 20, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Another great day. I love the face paint.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 21, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
What a great day! You seemed to get a lot done! Your pictures of Disney Springs are beautiful!

I love your dresses! Where did you get them from?
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List