Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 28 Apr 20, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
kirstya1973
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

kirstya1973's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
After watching series 1, I was genuinely glad that he did a second series and sat and watched all 6 episodes last night. I thoroughly enjoyed it. There are some really laugh out load moments and some really sad and poignant ones too. Him watching his wife back and listening to the things she has said are just so true to life and can be very relatable.

I didn't enjoy the shrink bit and think that was OTT but then the BIL was a bit of drip (albeit a lovely drip) so it was referencing his inability to recognize unprofessional help.

The hoarder character is vile and most normal people would not want to be associated with a person like that outside of the work setting. It is very well written but every now and then Rikky's sense of humour just tips it over the scales a little, but it would not stop me from watching it.
Amerisuites Oct 2004, Enclaves Feb 2006, Bahama Bay Feb 2007, Mike Ditka Oct 2008, Floridays Oct 2009, Floridays May 2011, Tampa Oct 2011, Bahama Bay Oct 2013, Sheraton Vistana Resort Jul 2015, Rosen Inn @ Pointe May 2016. Holiday Inn Vacations Orange Lake Nov 2017. Texas & Florida roadtrip April 2018. Florida & New York Sep 2019, Florida Mar 2020 (NOT) Florida Sep 2020 (NOT) April 2021(NOT) October 2022

Edited at 03:04 PM.
kirstya1973 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 20, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Princess Ariel View Post
The therapist was the dodgy detective in the stranger and I’m finding it really hard to watch him now 😂 I’m pretty sure he’s also in Vera?
Also why the hell would you keep paying to see him?! Are there no other therapists nearby?
ive not seen the stranger, but its DENNIS PENNIS!

its also frankie wilde from "its all gone pete tong"

big fan of paul kaye. he's great!
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 20, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

im 2/3 through & agree the shrink is not believable now especially the scene in the pub...

its still very sad/funny in equal parts
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 20, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

Yeah I do agree that some bits make me cringe at times but mainly I really enjoy it.
I’ve started watching Schitts Creek again too as that’s an easy funny watch that cheers me up
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 20, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Just finished watching it, I found it a hard watch this time, somehow it was sadder than first series. I love the dog though.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

finished it last night. really enjoyed it.

the therapist. wow. dennis pennis really knocked it out the park with this character. completely and utterly *wrong* in every way. loved it!

i really liked the joe and roisin storyline this season
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 20, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

I didn’t enjoy this as much as the first season. The therapist was hideous, completely unbelievable that Matt would continue seeing him. Overuse of the ‘C’ word, loses its punch when used so often and just becomes cringey. Was the same in S1 though. And Tony was far more ‘woe is me’ this time round, the way he was opening up to all his friends wasn’t really all that believable from the way he was in S1.

I was frustrated with his relationship with Emma, but Roxy and the postie were brilliant. And the dog . And Penelope Wilton

I still liked it, and shed a tear at probably every episode as it was very touching at times, but was ruined by the silly over the top bits, like the theatre show.

I’m still looking forward to S3 though
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 20, 12:50 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
I have to admit - I have really not 'got' Ricky Gervais. I enjoyed the Office despite him and had always thought of him as the 'C' word he loves so much.
In a week where I am forcing myself to watch new stuff ( no live sport) , I watched the whole of series 1 last night and found myself simply agog!
I take back all the things I previously uttered about the man - Ricky Gervais has managed to take me on a TV journey with so many laughs and with so many tears.
First ten mins of episode 1 had me hooked with the kid in the play ground with the coloured hair
Now kicking myself I had not watched sooner

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 20, 02:08 AM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

We are 2 episodes in to the first series. It is really good.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 20, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

Mobile

Absolutely loved it! One of the best things on Netflix. I think the acting by all characters is brilliant. So funny but also so sad.