Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 13 May 20, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
RockTheDots
slightly serious Dibber

RockTheDots's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Ooh, really happy to have found this post. We have APs which we only used for 3 days last year that we were planning to use when we should have been there in April. If we could get a 3 or 5 day pass to use next year that would be great - I will email guest services.

Now, if only WDW could do something similar for UK passholders...
Disneyland: 2022 (Trip report: LA & Aulani), 2023
DCL: Magic x2, Dream, Wish (booked for 2024!), Fantasy and Wonder (booked for 2025!)
RockTheDots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
paxmat
Trainee Dibber

I'm over the moon today. I got my email back from Universal and they said as I have not used them at all this year, they were giving me 2 free annual passes! They said to collect next time I'm there, gave me a code and said this offer would never end! Absolutely blown away with them!
Old 13 May 20, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by paxmat View Post
I'm over the moon today. I got my email back from Universal and they said as I have not used them at all this year, they were giving me 2 free annual passes! They said to collect next time I'm there, gave me a code and said this offer would never end! Absolutely blown away with them!

They initially offered me a 30 days extension (as posted on here) but after a few more emails, and due to the fact that we had not used our passes since we renewed early this year, we were also offered free 12 monts annual passes, to collect whenever we want, no expiration

here is the mail I received. names, and reference numbers edited out.

Hello **********,

Thank you for contacting Universal Orlando Resort. We are committed to providing a superior entertainment experience to all of our Guests.

I have reserved one (1) 3-Park Preferred Annual Pass and two (2) 3-Park Power Annual Passes for you to pick up at a later date.

You may redeem this offer at your convenience, as it will not expire; however, it is not valid for separately-ticketed special events such as Halloween Horror Nights and Rock the Universe, or in conjunction with any other offer, promotion, or discount. In addition, our parks, attractions, and entertainment may: close due to refurbishing, capacity, weather, or special events; change operating hours; and otherwise change or be discontinued at any time without notice. Please be aware this compensation may only be redeemed by you personally after the presentation of valid photo identification.

To redeem your offer, please visit the Guest Services Window at Universal Studios Florida, Universal’s Islands of Adventure, or Universal’s Volcano Bay: Water Theme Park with your valid photo identification and the confirmation number GC*********.

Again, thank you for contacting us. We look forward to entertaining you at Universal Orlando Resort in the future.

Best Regards,

Well done Universal.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

That’s fabulous, they have been really good. We only used our passes for 2 days (although they were upgraded from 14 day tickets)
I’ve emailed them back asking if there is any way we can pay a supplement or something to extend the offer of the three day tickets. Just waiting to hear back.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Wonder if they will do it for a seasonal pass? We got them last year for this August. I presume that if we go in July that the seasonal pass won’t apply cos of the black out days? Dies anyone know how much it is to upgrade a seasonal to one of the other passes that work in July?

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

After several emails back and forth universal have extended our passes to include the duration of our next trip, which I indicated would probably be September 2021.

I can’t believe they have done this, we only paid £40 to upgrade from 14 day tickets to a seasonal pass, so it really has saved us a small fortune. It’s the only saving grace as we have now lost our bargain April/May trip, and the rebooked trip for September 2020 is probably not going ahead. But at least we have something to look forward to next year.

Thank you so much OP, I would never have considered emailing universal, and would have just bought new tickets next year!

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Wonder if they will do it for a seasonal pass? We got them last year for this August. I presume that if we go in July that the seasonal pass won’t apply cos of the black out days? Dies anyone know how much it is to upgrade a seasonal to one of the other passes that work in July?

Kat
Ours was a seasonal pass and they extended ours to cover up to September 2021 ( our passes expire October 2020). Blockout dates still apply. Sorry can’t help with the increase in AP cost, I guess you could go on the universal AP site and check the cost difference between the two.

When emailing, send a photo of the back of the annual passes, and an indication of when you will likely return, they need this info to set up a case file for you, and will depend on what they offer, I’ve had 4 different people email me, and I think different people are offering different solutions.

Good luck!

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Cocobean121 View Post
Ours was a seasonal pass and they extended ours to cover up to September 2021 ( our passes expire October 2020). Blockout dates still apply. Sorry can’t help with the increase in AP cost, I guess you could go on the universal AP site and check the cost difference between the two.

When emailing, send a photo of the back of the annual passes, and an indication of when you will likely return, they need this info to set up a case file for you, and will depend on what they offer, I’ve had 4 different people email me, and I think different people are offering different solutions.

Good luck!
Thank you. I will take a photo when I email them. Ours run out in October too. If we decide to go in July instead of August next year, I think the only option is to upgrade to the next ticket option? I’m sure it’ll be cheaper to do this as otherwise, like you, I’d of just bought new ones.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Angcap
Getting Excited

That is fantastic news well done 👍
Angcap is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Thank you. I will take a photo when I email them. Ours run out in October too. If we decide to go in July instead of August next year, I think the only option is to upgrade to the next ticket option? I’m sure it’ll be cheaper to do this as otherwise, like you, I’d of just bought new ones.

Kat
$50 plus tax for 2 park one to upgrade to a power pass. $60 for 3 parks but I think volcano bay is blocked for July which was why we got 2 park ones.