Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 9 May 20, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Eiliko
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

It's good to hear everyone's opinions. Having to cancel this years trip was tough and i can only hope things have settled down somewhat before next year.

I agree with you all that the benefit seems somewhat debatable and it would be a major hassle to say the least having to deal with them in the parks.

As bighal says, these restrictions will begin to be lifted after phase 1 but i do wonder if face coverings will be one of the last things to go. Having said that, all the surveys the parks are sending out do suggest there's a degree of public opinion taken into account, so if most people address against them then you never know!
Eiliko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 20, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
100% no chance I am wearing one. Simply won’t go if it’s a requirement.

The science is at best poor and it suggests a best the impact is minimal... and it’s mostly about creating the illusion of safety which I think is even more dangerous. And in that heat it will be very uncomfortable and unenjoyable. Then having the fight and supervise two children with theirs. I’m out :P
I agree and the worry is that the illusion of being more protected means people are more lax in the areas that really do make a difference. I also could not even consider a face mask in the Florida heat.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 20, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m 100% against face masks for the general public. Causes complacency and almost all are placed, worn and removed incorrectly.

I won’t be going anywhere where I am legally required to wear one unless it’s an absolute emergency.
Old 10 May 20, 12:39 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Watching USA news tv tonight and featuring what’s going on in LA with golf courses reopening and the hikes up to observatory etc... All mandating face masks... people doing it...
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 20, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
florida addict
Imagineer

florida addict's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Can you imagine character photos with masks on.
Totally agree that mask etiquette would prob be biggest concern and out weigh any benefit of the masks
Old 10 May 20, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by KRBarnard View Post
Given that a medical (disposable) face mask becomes completely useless about 30 minutes after you've put it on as it becomes damp, they will be totally pointless. Cloth face masks help to cut down spray from a sneeze or cough by up to 60% but do not prevent you inhaling virus particles at all.
Masks make people "feel" safer but result in most being less concerned about good handwashing. People also pull them down with their hands to their chin and proceed to breathe in everything that is caught on the exterior of the mask, and then pull them back up usually touching their nose and mouth area in the process.
I do believe wearing masks is a bad idea for these reasons.
Absolutly this i have posted something similar on another thread i actually think for children who would be constantly touching readjusting and even chewing on them (thinking of my eldest with asd there!) then their is the potential for them to do more harm. Mask are about perceived safety they actually do very little. I work in the nhs and have to wear one for a 12 hour shift at present and i know im touching my face more.
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 20, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

Maybe it's just me ,but I cant really see the point. We have just spent the last 2 months socially distancing with no masks on.
Now we have to still socially distance with masks on .
If masks work then we should all wear them and everything should be back to normal.
If masks dont work then why bother.
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 20, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
grinner82
Imagineer

grinner82's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 19
Guidebook Photos: 83
Guidebook Reviews: 10
I also read you can take them off for dining, which just shows how pointless they are and are just a visual reassurance. Ive been out and about through all of this with my line of work and not one wore a mark in the house of someone etc. Propper hand washing, don't touch your face in a kind of OCD way and Ive been fine. If a mask could stop the inhalation of viruses then that's great, but they don't.
Old 10 May 20, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
iang27
Getting Excited

Mobile

iang27 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 20, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

At work we are meant to wear face masks - we all do - but two people wear them below their noses. Pointless. The management are fed up of telling them to wear it correctly so they slip it up and down depending on who is around. Annoying.
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List