Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 19 May 20, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

British Airways website

Morning everyone!

I've thinking about booking a trip to the Deep South. BA have some really good fares to New Orleans and Nashville in business/PE.

I'm trying to book London-New Orleans in business, Nashville-London in PE and a hire car. However, I cannot figure out how to book the split classes, given that I'm using 2 different airports.

I'd also, ideally, like to be able to book with a deposit, rather than full pre-payment.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Old 19 May 20, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
emmabanana
VIP Dibber

Hi, I had a quick look, if you chose flight and car, then it gives you the option for custom trip so you can select different airports and the car hire, it then let’s me select different classes to fly in. I didn’t go so far to see if you can pay just a deposit, but I think you can with a fly drive? Not sure as that’s not something we book.

Hopefully that might help.
emmabanana is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

If you add the car it will be classed as a fly drive ba holidays booking and you will just pay a deposit.
You can usually do different airports (open jaw) bookings online.
Choose flight and car and it should redirect you to ba holidays, then choose multi city.

Edited at 09:03 AM.
LLamb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

I must be thick. I went to BA Holidays, selected "flight and car" and then pressed the button for "multi-city flights". It then took me to the page for custom trip, but the flight option for custom trip only lets me select one flight class:-

I have tried amending it afterwards, once it has generated a price, to no avail.
Old 19 May 20, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

On that page leave the class as economy and search for the flights.
You choose each leg individually anyway. So select business for the outbound. Then next choose pe for the return.
Then add the car.

Sorry just choose flight only first with multi city and then add the car once you have the first price.

Edited at 12:55 PM.
LLamb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Old 19 May 20, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LLamb View Post
Ah I think I see the problem... I don't want the car for all of my trip. Parking is super expensive in New Orleans, so I want to have a couple of days there, and then collect the car. I cannot figure out how to do that and have the mixed class flights, and only pay a deposit.

Maybe the universe is telling me just to book business class both ways
Old 19 May 20, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by skalexander View Post
Ah I think I see the problem... I don't want the car for all of my trip. Parking is super expensive in New Orleans, so I want to have a couple of days there, and then collect the car. I cannot figure out how to do that and have the mixed class flights, and only pay a deposit.

Maybe!
There is an option to only have the car for part of the trip, but as you say it maybe the mixed class and multi city.
Get an idea of prices for your dates and then give a ring. The staff are very helpful and can probably sort it for you very quickly.
Old 19 May 20, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
julie b
Imagineer

Originally Posted by skalexander View Post

You need to use custom trip ...you can then basically do whatever you want flights in and out of different airports hotels for part stays..car hire for part or all..gives you the options to book what you need when you need it.
julie b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Originally Posted by julie b View Post
You need to use custom trip ...you can then basically do whatever you want flights in and out of different airports hotels for part stays..car hire for part or all..gives you the options to book what you need when you need it.
It doesn't give you the option for mixed class flights under custom trip.