Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 May 20, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
Haha! Was just coming on to say I definitely give my vote to the Outrigger on the beach! 😂

We’ve stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian village before, and whilst it was fine, it is absolutely massive and away from the main part of Waikiki. You could easily spend days at the resort and never leave it!

I much prefer to be inthe main part of Waikiki, near the beach walk. We feel the location of the outrigger is superb - right on the nice wide part of Waikiki beach, it has the Aloha beach rentals right next door (my boys took private surf lessons with them and next time we plan to hire an outrigger canoe), the Cheesecake Factory is right next door, and onsite is dukes buffet which always features in ‘where to eat’ threads, I agree it’s a beautiful location and serves a great buffet breakfast and evening meals overlooking the ocean - lovely.

We are meant to be there in August, but unlikely now, so hoping to get there next summer instead!
Thanks so much. I think location is really important and we love the Cheesecake Factory

Might see you there
orlandoamber is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyorefanuk
Imagineer

Hi

We have done a Hawaii cruise and stay and just Hawaii stay plus Disneyland

We stayed at outrigger Waikiki beach in Waikiki. Right on the beach. Central. Has dukes. Close to Cheesecake Factory (only thing it’s not “modern” feel)

They now do executive rooms I believe which includes executive lounge

We have been lucky and been twice (was going this year &#128546

Split stay between Waikiki (do tours/day out there) then when at aulani we don’t go off site much

On our cruise I loved Maui and we were going to dock overnight again this year

There are FB pages especially for Maui

We have done the aulani luau and the luau in Maui. Loved both

The last time we did
Week Waikiki
Week aulani
Week Disneyland

If we don’t do a cruise with it next time we will stay Maui instead Disneyland for the week but def break it up on way home

outriggerwaikikihotel.co...isit%20website

We stayed at grand Californian and really liked it

Edited at 07:36 PM.
Eeyorefanuk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 12:37 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Eeyorefanuk View Post
Hi

We have done a Hawaii cruise and stay and just Hawaii stay plus Disneyland

We stayed at outrigger Waikiki beach in Waikiki. Right on the beach. Central. Has dukes. Close to Cheesecake Factory (only thing it’s not “modern” feel)

They now do executive rooms I believe which includes executive lounge

We have been lucky and been twice (was going this year &#128546

Split stay between Waikiki (do tours/day out there) then when at aulani we don’t go off site much

On our cruise I loved Maui and we were going to dock overnight again this year

There are FB pages especially for Maui

We have done the aulani luau and the luau in Maui. Loved both

The last time we did
Week Waikiki
Week aulani
Week Disneyland

If we don’t do a cruise with it next time we will stay Maui instead Disneyland for the week but def break it up on way home

outriggerwaikikihotel.co...isit%20website

We stayed at grand Californian and really liked it
Thank you

We love the idea of doing a cruise around the islands but not sure how we’d feel about doing a cruise next year with all that’s being going on A Disney cruise around the islands would be another level of amazing!

I have been watching some vlogs of the DVC studios at the Grand Californian tonight and I think we’ve decided on there. Fingers crossed we can rent points from a dibber to make it more affordable
orlandoamber is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Aliloo
Getting Excited

Mobile

I’d second thinking about stopping in the way back somewhere, we flew Kauai, Honolulu, lHR in one session and it’s a horrible way to end an amazing break.x
Aliloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Eeyorefanuk
Imagineer

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
Thank you

We love the idea of doing a cruise around the islands but not sure how we’d feel about doing a cruise next year with all that’s being going on A Disney cruise around the islands would be another level of amazing!

I have been watching some vlogs of the DVC studios at the Grand Californian tonight and I think we’ve decided on there. Fingers crossed we can rent points from a dibber to make it more affordable
Hi 👋

We did the Disney Hawaii cruise. Was supposed to be doing RC this year 😢

It was nice to do that as got a taste of each island

I fell in love with Waikiki (and I don’t like busy lol but of course it is) but we went in sept and Oct so not too bad

Yes we loved the feel of GC

Maybe sign up to some FB sites as there is no idea at the moment when Hawaii will let tourists in/14 day quarantine - there are ones for each island - plus lots photos to give you a feel

They are being really strict which I for one cannot blame then
Old 28 May 20, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ll definitely check out some of the FB sites, thanks 😊

Would you suggest instead doing the long flight on the way out ie straight to Hawaii via LAX? We were thinking that would be a lot especially with the extra jet lag as they’re even further behind us? Or would you all stop both on the way out and way back in LA? Trying to fit it all within a three week time frame is hard!
Old 28 May 20, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyorefanuk
Imagineer

I know some think a waste but we fly to lax. Stay overnight airport hotel to give us a breather then catch early flight to Hawaii the next day

I think if you want to do Disneyland it’s nice to do on the way home so it gives you less flight time on way home.

do you have exactly three weeks? We try to fly the Thursday or Friday so three weeks plus few days

Don’t forget only two close parks like Paris so won’t need a week there

Have you def decided where you want to go? we could maybe then suggest what we think

You will love it whatever you do 💖
Old 28 May 20, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Mobile

I know some think a waste but we fly to lax. Stay overnight airport hotel to give us a breather then catch early flight to Hawaii the next day

I think if you want to do Disneyland it’s nice to do on the way home so it gives you less flight time on way home.

do you have exactly three weeks? We try to fly the Thursday or Friday so three weeks plus few days

Don’t forget only two close parks like Paris so won’t need a week there

Have you def decided where you want to go? we could maybe then suggest what we think

You will love it whatever you do 💖
Thank you so much for all of the help (everyone), I really do appreciate it

Our original thinking was (in this order):

5 nights in Disneyland
3/4 nights in Maui or another Hawaiian island
4/5 nights at Aulani
5 nights in Waikiki

But then I started thinking:

5 nights Disneyland (GCH)
4/5 nights Maui (found a nice condo and would hire a car)
5 nights Waikiki
4/5 nights Aulani

The reasons for doing Disneyland first were to do the more on to go elements of the holiday initially and that I also presumed it would get busier the later in June we go there due to school holidays in the USA? But then there are ‘grad nights’ at the start of June so not sure if that will be a pain?

We get married on a Thursday and could either fly out on the Friday flight from LHR to LAX at 16.15ish (can’t recall the exact time at the moment) or fly out on one of the Saturday morning flights. I’ve only really started considering the Friday flight today - if we did that I was thinking we could perhaps spend a couple of nights at Venice Beach or somewhere else reasonably close to the airport before flying to Hawaii and then doing Disneyland at the end?

I am thinking the max time we can do (considering work) is 3 weeks as it would actually be 3.5 weeks because of the wedding. We do really want to go straight after the wedding though

I really can’t make my mind up with the plan as you can probably tell
Old 28 May 20, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
I’ll definitely check out some of the FB sites, thanks 😊

Would you suggest instead doing the long flight on the way out ie straight to Hawaii via LAX? We were thinking that would be a lot especially with the extra jet lag as they’re even further behind us? Or would you all stop both on the way out and way back in LA? Trying to fit it all within a three week time frame is hard!
We did it different ways:

LHR to Seattle for two nights then onto Hawaii (6 Oahu 3 Maui)
Back to LAX 6 nights Disneyland
San Diego 3 nights
Home LAX to LHR

That was built around having to be at Disneyland for those particular six days (expo and races) so not what I perhaps would have chosen otherwise.

The next time (my preference):

LHR to LAX to HNL all in one day - tiring but great to get it all out of the way

7 nights Oahu
7 nights BI
6 nights Maui

Then Maui to LAX, overnight stay then onward to LHR the next day. A bit hideous but the flight options were limited a bit.
Old 28 May 20, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Grump$
Excited about Disney

That's exactly what we do, don't think we could cope with an 11 hour trip to LAX then transfer onto a 5.5 hour trip to Hawaii. Maybe if we several years younger but certainly not now.
Grump$ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List