Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 May 20, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Lilminx
Excited about Disney

Just off the phone to BA got though in seconds! and we are booked for October she told me call on the 1st July as they will have changed things for October by that date. if i was to cancel now id be subject to whatever T&Cs id signed up to.

2020 victim of Covid
Lilminx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jokeybhoy View Post
We are similar, will lose £2k on our family of 4, October flights. We will only lose part of Disney deposit as got cash back from quidco. Will try to switch flights to early December for a bit of winter sun for me and my wife.
Interesting about Quidco Cashback - if something is paid for through Quidco and is eventually cancelled and refunded will Quidco try to claw back the money if already paid?
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Mandij39
Apprentice Imagineer

I booked our holiday last August with BA (flights/villa) balance due soon, we're due to go 1st July, obviously that won't be happening now. I've been sitting tight hoping they'd cancel so that I can get a refund for my deposit, I don't want a voucher. But if I cancel now I can only get a voucher or move my holiday dates. I'm hoping they cancel before I hand over my balance.
Mandij39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Jokeybhoy
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyCupcake View Post
Interesting about Quidco Cashback - if something is paid for through Quidco and is eventually cancelled and refunded will Quidco try to claw back the money if already paid?
I don't know how it works. I would guess it's a fee that's paid to quidco for getting the booking. Disney seem to be the only company that pays out before the booking is complete.
Jokeybhoy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
familybell
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I’m in a similar situation, it’s not BA but air transat, booked in feb for sept and paid in full, I really don’t want to go until most of the restrictions are lifted and would ideally like to transfer sept 21 but because it seems to be only newer bookings that are able to amend so at the moment I’d flights are going looks like I have no option to either go or lose what we paid, just seems really unfair. Won’t be able to claim on insurance or card either I don’t suppose
familybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Galaxygirl1993
Earning More Ears

Has anyone been in contact with British Airways recently? I swing both ways day to day wondering if we will receive the opportunity to have voucher, or if we will lose the money for the flights.

If they do not give the people the choice to have vouchers who booked prior to March it will be so unfair.
Galaxygirl1993 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki Mouse
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Galaxygirl1993 View Post
Has anyone been in contact with British Airways recently? I swing both ways day to day wondering if we will receive the opportunity to have voucher, or if we will lose the money for the flights.

If they do not give the people the choice to have vouchers who booked prior to March it will be so unfair.
Spoke to them today, no change. They said to hang on. Not a lot of use unfortunately
Niki Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
julie b
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Niki Mouse View Post
Spoke to them today, no change. They said to hang on. Not a lot of use unfortunately
We got the same answer...
julie b is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Pagan8c
Getting Excited

We are booked to fly 31/07 from Lgw MCO . As somebody else said we are booked via 3rd party so will have to hope they do the claim for our money back as we have paid in full. Would lose £2300 if they mess us about. We don't want a voucher as this was our last long flight if possible.
Pagan8c is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Not booked with BA but in same situation with Virgin Atlantic. Am having a extended twitter conversation with them but they are awful. Just hoping they cancel our trip in October so I can get a refund.