Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 May 20, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

Mobile Information re flights and quarantine.

We are booked with Netflights for BA direct flights on 28/7. Obviously we don’t know yet whether the flight Will go. I am unsure about one thing - if the flights still go but the planned US 14 day quarantine is in place, how do we stand on refund then? Obviously with it being a 14 day holiday, there’s no point in going if we have to quarantine but unsure Where we would stand with refund if we choose not to go because of that reason? Sorry if a silly question Thank you,
Elaine
EllieP is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

BAs contract is to deliver you to the USA and to return you home.
I’m not sure you would have any stand for getting it cancelled, the only way is if the FCO says you cannot travel.
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
emilou
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

great question and one I need to ask too. Like you we booked through Netflights, sorry I can't answer but I guess we wait and see and cross our fingers that it works out as it's a lot of money to lose There's the quarantine aspect this end too as my hubs can't take an extra two weeks off. What a mess
Old 29 May 20, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by EllieP View Post
We are booked with Netflights for BA direct flights on 28/7. Obviously we don’t know yet whether the flight Will go. I am unsure about one thing - if the flights still go but the planned US 14 day quarantine is in place, how do we stand on refund then? Obviously with it being a 14 day holiday, there’s no point in going if we have to quarantine but unsure Where we would stand with refund if we choose not to go because of that reason? Sorry if a silly question Thank you,
Elaine
It isn’t a silly question at all. I don’t think Netflights would be obliged to refund you in that scenario, they would be willing and able to fulfil their part of the contract.

Maybe travel insurance would pay out, although they may argue that they are not insuring your holiday enjoyment.

Hopefully Netflights / BA would at least offer a voucher if it came to that. I don’t think Netflights are generally being very helpful.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

I was worried that would be the case. It does seem unfair though for holiday makers as no one would get a ‘holiday’ as they’d be in quarantine! Surely the FCO would account for this and not let travel go ahead under these restrictions. Well I’m going to cross my fingers as don’t want to lose the money but don’t want to be sitting in a two house for the 2 weeks either! Not keen on taking the voucher, so ideally would want a refund. We will have to wait and see then and (I can’t believe I’m actually writing this!) pray BA cancel the flights!

Originally Posted by Warkman58 View Post
BAs contract is to deliver you to the USA and to return you home.
I’m not sure you would have any stand for getting it cancelled, the only way is if the FCO says you cannot travel.

Edited at 02:09 PM.
EllieP is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Whitequeen
Imagineer

Whitequeen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I'm waiting for that answer too.

Say you have to have 2 weeks quarantine when you get there, 2 weeks holiday and then 2 weeks quarantine when you get back. You'd have to be off for 6 weeks! That would be great but not happening for most people!
Now if the flight is still going you can't cancel because you wouldn't be insured/get money back from flight company. That is very unfair. The airline don't need to cancel if there are people willing to fly so those that aren't/can't go all lose a lot of money.
I'd ask someone in government but I have no idea who to ask.

West Coast Visits-5
Whitequeen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

My personal view on this is that those Travel Insurers who specifically cover pandemic risks SHOULD pay up whether there is an FCO ban/essential travel directive or not.

WHY?

Because quarantine is reasonably forseeable as part of a pandemic and it is unreasonable therefore to expect the insured person to board a flight and spend 14 days quarantine at the arrival destination when pandemic is covered.

I wonder if you'd be denied boarding? Frustration of Contract is also another area that needs to be looked at.

I'm not a lawyer, but maybe there are some legal eagles on the dibb who can check it out for us!

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 06:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneysocks
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by EllieP View Post
Elaine
We had a short break booked to Malta with easyJet.
Malta imposes the 14 day quarantine before the FCO advised against travel and easyJet cancelled our holiday without us needing to ask, and gave us a full refund.
I don’t know BA’s policy on this but our experience was positive and felt easyJet were on the ball and did the right thing.

We are hoping the same applies with Lufthansa Travelling to Orlando in July and that we can get a refund, if I can hold my nerve that long before requesting a voucher!
Disneysocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 06:19 AM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Mobile

I spoke to Barclays Insurance about this a couple of weeks ago... they said that they WON'T cover for this scenario. If there is a 14 day quarantine in place, but your flights are going, then it is YOUR choice not to travel. Its classed as disinclination to travel which isn't covered. They said the only hope was that if quarantine restrictions were still in place, then the FCO hopefully won't change/ lift their advice, as you would then be covered. It's all getting a bit too close for comfort!
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 06:23 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I can’t see FCO changing it’s advice if there’s 14 day quarantines in place, at least I’d hope not.