Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 31 May 20, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeymouseears
Excited about Disney

Disneyland / Hawaii Dec 2020

I was wondering if anyone else is in a similar situation. We booked flights and accommodation separately. Return flights to LAX from LHR, and return flights HNL from LAX.
Planned to spend 2 nights in disneyland and 3 nights after Hawaii.
Booked non-disney accommodation on Harbour blvd
Booked aulani with rented dvc points and accommodation in kailua with vrbo (similar to airbnb).
THat was a masterplan that saved a lot of money.
Now things that could go wrong
hawaiian airlines might go under
maybe disneyland will reopen for hotel guests only / requiring reservations - that might be difficult with the amount of locals to contend with (think reservations for galaxy's edge) in which case I would need to have something else planned for California (which we just visited in Sept)
still no plan for disneyland at the moment
aulani - who knows depends on the hawaiian government
will Boris tank the pound with a no-deal brexit
I wonder if anyone is in a similar opinion and has some good ideas or suggestions
I know there is still a small possibility that it might all work out in the end
mickeymouseears is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Love*my*hols
Imagineer

Mobile

We have got a cruise booked from SF to Hawaii over Christmas. I have bet my DH £20 we won't be going on it ! He's confident we will,so we will have to see.
Old 31 May 20, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

We are meant to be flying out in December also. Into LAX on the 13th and out of Vegas on the 26th.
Our plan was 2 nights in Anaheim, with 1 day Disney on my 50th. That’s a non cancelled hotel we have pre paid, 9 nights in Palm Springs in an Airbnb that we will lose maybe £70 if we cancel, and 2 nights Vegas that we can cancel. Flights are avios with BA so will only cost us £35 I think to cancel. Haven’t done car hire yet, waiting now to see what happens.
We go from being sure we won’t go to thinking we will. If we don’t get into Disney it will be disappointing but I think we will still go on the trip. We can have a great time in PS with plenty of distancing. What will defo decide for us will be what happens with our flights as we have managed to get CW out and first back which we have never done before, so we want those to be right.
Fingers crossed...
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickeymouseears View Post
I was wondering if anyone else is in a similar situation. We booked flights and accommodation separately. Return flights to LAX from LHR, and return flights HNL from LAX.
Planned to spend 2 nights in disneyland and 3 nights after Hawaii.
Booked non-disney accommodation on Harbour blvd
Booked aulani with rented dvc points and accommodation in kailua with vrbo (similar to airbnb).
THat was a masterplan that saved a lot of money.
Now things that could go wrong
hawaiian airlines might go under
maybe disneyland will reopen for hotel guests only / requiring reservations - that might be difficult with the amount of locals to contend with (think reservations for galaxy's edge) in which case I would need to have something else planned for California (which we just visited in Sept)
still no plan for disneyland at the moment
aulani - who knows depends on the hawaiian government
will Boris tank the pound with a no-deal brexit
I wonder if anyone is in a similar opinion and has some good ideas or suggestions
I know there is still a small possibility that it might all work out in the end
Can I ask is this you summarising Hawaii Airlines May go under due to the situation or has there actually been reports of this? Surely they would survive as they serve the islands?
Old 2 Jun 20, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeymouseears
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
Can I ask is this you summarising Hawaii Airlines May go under due to the situation or has there actually been reports of this? Surely they would survive as they serve the islands?
If you google it, there’s some suggestion of it but nothing official, just opinions. It’s a small private airline. I was just expressing my fears - sorry.
mickeymouseears is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeymouseears
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sandraoh40 View Post
We are meant to be flying out in December also. Into LAX on the 13th and out of Vegas on the 26th.
Our plan was 2 nights in Anaheim, with 1 day Disney on my 50th. That’s a non cancelled hotel we have pre paid, 9 nights in Palm Springs in an Airbnb that we will lose maybe £70 if we cancel, and 2 nights Vegas that we can cancel. Flights are avios with BA so will only cost us £35 I think to cancel. Haven’t done car hire yet, waiting now to see what happens.
We go from being sure we won’t go to thinking we will. If we don’t get into Disney it will be disappointing but I think we will still go on the trip. We can have a great time in PS with plenty of distancing. What will defo decide for us will be what happens with our flights as we have managed to get CW out and first back which we have never done before, so we want those to be right.
Fingers crossed...
Thank you. I think a back up plan is a good idea. I could find somewhere else to go if disneyland is not a place to go. I could change and go via Vegas I guess.
Old 2 Jun 20, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeymouseears
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Love*my*hols View Post
We have got a cruise booked from SF to Hawaii over Christmas. I have bet my DH £20 we won't be going on it ! He's confident we will,so we will have to see.
Thank you. I try to live in the moment and not worry, but as you can see by my post I have some lockdown lapses and i start to worry!
Old 3 Jun 20, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickeymouseears View Post
If you google it, there’s some suggestion of it but nothing official, just opinions. It’s a small private airline. I was just expressing my fears - sorry.
Oh no don’t be... I just thought you knew something as I have tickets with them
Old 4 Jun 20, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
Oh no don’t be... I just thought you knew something as I have tickets with them
I don’t think Hawaiian are at more risk most other airlines.

If you look at their share price it’s taken a big hit but it’s not showing signs of immediate probs (I am not familiar at all with US solvency rules so making an assumption there).

I would think if they did run out of money they would continue to fly under the protection of Chapter 11 while they restructured.

So to reassure, I don’t think it’s imminent and if it was it would likely still be ok for the time being due to Ch 11 protections.

Positive news is that I heard inter island flights were being stepped up soon.

I think where HA will struggle to recover is their market. Because their only income stream is Hawaii, they can’t diversify. So the longer things are locked down in Hawaii the harder it will get for them, plus if most Americans stay reluctant to travel their income may be impacted. But in theory that risk will already be reflected in the share price.

So I’m no expert but I am quite risk averse and I wouldn’t have said HA were a company I’d be worrying about more than other airlines particularly.

Edited at 11:52 AM.
KarenG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeymouseears
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks!