Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Jun 20, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by 123 View Post
So long as its not the middle two seats in the four that isn't that bad
On the way out we had an aisle and one of the middle two seats. On the way back we had the middle two seats. We actually preferred that, DH was very uncomfortable sitting next to a stranger in the middle two seats, a bit too cosy.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
scenicafc
Getting Excited

This is very interesting as we were going to book with BA instead of Virgin when we go next year. Looking at the flights that are showing for next year - but not yet for our dates- there is nothing saying about booking seat prices. We are a family of 4. 3 adults and a 17 year old. The oldest child (aged 21) has an ASD and would have a meltdown if separated from the rest of us, where can I find details about prices for booking seats as so far not found them. We did pay £25 a seat each way with Virgin a few years ago, and was happy to do that but £100 each way per person is just day light robbery

2007 - Davenport Lakes - 2 x 40th Birthdays
2013 - Lindfields - For the fun of it!
2017 - Indian Creek - 2 x 50th Birthdays,1 x 18th & 21st Wed Anniv.!
2022 - Indian Creek 25th Wedding Anniversary & 1 x 18th - RESCHEDULED
scenicafc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scenicafc View Post
This is very interesting as we were going to book with BA instead of Virgin when we go next year. Looking at the flights that are showing for next year - but not yet for our dates- there is nothing saying about booking seat prices. We are a family of 4. 3 adults and a 17 year old. The oldest child (aged 21) has an ASD and would have a meltdown if separated from the rest of us, where can I find details about prices for booking seats as so far not found them. We did pay £25 a seat each way with Virgin a few years ago, and was happy to do that but £100 each way per person is just day light robbery
In that situation you don’t pay but contact special assistance who book your seats for you anyway.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiggers Pal
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
I had a look at fly drives the other day and there wasn’t anywhere that mentions paying for seats together or anything. Obviously for a family of 4 that would make a massive difference in price.
We’ve flown to Orlando numerous times with BA and never been split up despite never paying to select seats. When my kids were under 12 we were allocated seats together which show in Manage My Booking 3-7 days before departure. Even when we’ve flown with them since youngest turned 12 we have never been split up and we always fly in the summer school holidays.

It’s all down to personal choice whether you choose to pay for seats or not. I choose not to but there are others who would prefer to pay.
Tiggers Pal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
scenicafc
Getting Excited

Thanks Duchy - I will remember that when our dates are up.

2007 - Davenport Lakes - 2 x 40th Birthdays
2013 - Lindfields - For the fun of it!
2017 - Indian Creek - 2 x 50th Birthdays,1 x 18th & 21st Wed Anniv.!
2022 - Indian Creek 25th Wedding Anniversary & 1 x 18th - RESCHEDULED
scenicafc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Stevelovesfl
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by scenicafc View Post
Are you flying business with BA as £100 each per leg is Club seat money and you get seat selection free with Virgin in Upper Class.
Stevelovesfl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Stevelovesfl View Post
Are you flying business with BA as £100 each per leg is Club seat money and you get seat selection free with Virgin in Upper Class.
About 6 months ago answering roughly the same question I also used the word "leg". Someone responded, quite seriously, to say "I've got two - does that mean I pay double that figure?"

Mick
Old 2 Jun 20, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mick View Post
About 6 months ago answering roughly the same question I also used the word "leg". Someone responded, quite seriously, to say "I've got two - does that mean I pay double that figure?"

Mick
If that's the case, when our MIL comes with us she can put her prosthetic leg in the overhead locker and save 50%
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post

Mick
I needed that laugh today!

We're being nickled and dimed so much I wouldn't give them any ideas though, let's keep this on the Dibb !
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by 123 View Post
If that's the case, when our MIL comes with us she can put her prosthetic leg in the overhead locker and save 50%
I don't think it's appropriate to like such a post