Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Jun 20, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
ShenzyT
VIP Dibber

BA Flights from Gatwick

Just wondering if anyone's had any info on what's happening with BA flights that were supposed to be going from Gatwick.
I know VA have changed flights to Heathrow, (seen posts but didn't want to hijack them).
I've seen a facebook post that someone's cancelled their October holiday (flying with BA) and BA told them that all flights that were supposed to be going out of Gatwick would be cancelled !
We're supposed to be flying out in October and naively thought (like VA) that BA would also change to Heathrow.

I know this is an ever changing situation and anything could happen but just wondered if anyone else had heard anything.

I've pm'd BA aswell.

xxx
Nov 1998 - Quality Inn, Oct 1999 - AS Movies, Nov 2008 - AS Music, Sept 2009 - CBR, Oct 2010 - PORS, Oct 2012 - SSR, Oct 2014 - Emerald Island Resort, Oct 2015 - OKW, Oct 2016 - CBR, Oct 2017 - SSR, Oct 2018 - CBR & HGVCSW, Oct 2019 - AKL, Dec 2021 - Windsor Hills Resort, July 2022 - West Coast & DLC, July 2023 - PORS & Merritt Island
ShenzyT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I had an email from BA last week asking if we were looking forward to our November flight. There was an opportunity to contact them so I did and asked when we would be told whether we are flying from LGW or LHR so that we can book parking and hotel,

No reply yet. Guess the CEO hasn't told customer service yet

Mick
Old 2 Jun 20, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
we are due to fly 11th November Gatwick to MCO, we haven't heard a word from BA yet, I haven't cancelled Hilton and 16 nights parking at Gatwick yet but am very tempted to book Premier Inn at Heathrow as it is only £30 and then cancel it if not required.
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by chrisxal View Post
we are due to fly 11th November Gatwick to MCO, we haven't heard a word from BA yet, I haven't cancelled Hilton and 16 nights parking at Gatwick yet but am very tempted to book Premier Inn at Heathrow as it is only £30 and then cancel it if not required.
PI allowed us to move our non-flex booking for the LGW north terminal from last April to November at no cost.

Flown from LGW to Florida about 30 times but from LHR only once. We therefore know LGW parking and hotels like the back of our hand but know basically nothing about LHR. We've parked a few times at hotels on the Bath Road for non-Florida trips but to be honest I'm reluctant to even start researching LHR until we know for sure and whether it's T3 or T5.

PI are one of the good guys in all this. Maybe they'll do me another booking change but I'm doing nothing until I'm 100% sure

Mick
Old 2 Jun 20, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
ShenzyT
VIP Dibber

Just had a PM back from BA.

"Hi Michelle, at the moment our flights between London Gatwick and Orlando are operating in October. If anything changes, please be sure your contact details are up to date and we will notify you."

xx
Nov 1998 - Quality Inn, Oct 1999 - AS Movies, Nov 2008 - AS Music, Sept 2009 - CBR, Oct 2010 - PORS, Oct 2012 - SSR, Oct 2014 - Emerald Island Resort, Oct 2015 - OKW, Oct 2016 - CBR, Oct 2017 - SSR, Oct 2018 - CBR & HGVCSW, Oct 2019 - AKL, Dec 2021 - Windsor Hills Resort, July 2022 - West Coast & DLC, July 2023 - PORS & Merritt Island
ShenzyT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by ShenzyT View Post
Just had a PM back from BA.

"Hi Michelle, at the moment our flights between London Gatwick and Orlando are operating in October. If anything changes, please be sure your contact details are up to date and we will notify you."

xx
That's encouraging (for us anyway - not wishing to be selfish) Just want them to squeeze in a few more days.

As I said earlier it's familiarity with LGW that currently scores for us even though it's a further quarter round the busiest bit of the M25

Mick
Old 2 Jun 20, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

As it stands BA is not flying to/from LGW at all, and has neither set a date for restarting operations, nor confirmed it is pulling out. There is an element of brinkmanship with the airport to try and achieve a better deal, and also (my suspicion) there is unlikely to be an official announcement while the staff cuts / terms "consultation" is ongoing, even if a decision has been made internally.

It will remain a bit of a waiting game, with the choices being flights operating from LGW as planned, flights shifting to LHR, or flights cancelled completely / consolidated. BA is currently working on its cancellations for July (with quarantine likely to be in place for at least the first part of that month), and the frequency / capacity increases beyond that not yet decided and/or made public.

Staff might say something on the phone, but staff rumours in BA can be as inaccurate as they are rife, so until notifications are official, I would treat anything like that with caution.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Peko View Post
As it stands BA is not flying to/from LGW at all, and has neither set a date for restarting operations, nor confirmed it is pulling out. There is an element of brinkmanship with the airport to try and achieve a better deal, and also (my suspicion) there is unlikely to be an official announcement while the staff cuts / terms "consultation" is ongoing, even if a decision has been made internally.

It will remain a bit of a waiting game, with the choices being flights operating from LGW as planned, flights shifting to LHR, or flights cancelled completely / consolidated. BA is currently working on its cancellations for July (with quarantine likely to be in place for at least the first part of that month), and the frequency / capacity increases beyond that not yet decided and/or made public.

Staff might say something on the phone, but staff rumours in BA can be as inaccurate as they are rife, so until notifications are official, I would treat anything like that with caution.
The only official thing I've seen is the CEO's press release of maybe a month ago where he said that it was likely that they would withdraw from LGW and consolidate into LHR but no date was mentioned. (or words to that effect ) Seen nothing official since.

Still selling flights to MCO from LGW next April but who knows how long that will last?

Mick
Old 2 Jun 20, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Buttercup1982
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

If the flight is changed from Gatwick to Heathrow are we allowed to apply for a refund? X x
Buttercup1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
The only official thing I've seen is the CEO's press release of maybe a month ago where he said that it was likely that they would withdraw from LGW and consolidate into LHR but no date was mentioned. (or words to that effect ) Seen nothing official since.

Still selling flights to MCO from LGW next April but who knows how long that will last?

Mick
I'm not sure there has been an actual press release saying that BA might withdraw from LGW, though I could have missed it. There was a leak of an internal email to staff (not from Alex Cruz) saying that the return to LGW operations was not certain.

Either way, BA will keep selling tickets for future dates as normal, until it is forced to commit to the schedule. Cash is king.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List