Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 2 Jun 20, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

we almost always park hop one park in the morning then head back to the hotel for a break/to eat and back to different park in the evening so will be a huge change if we have to stick to one park. Its not a deal breaker I'd probably still go the biggest issue for us would be if you can leave and come back as we'd struggle to do full days.

Honestly I'm more concerned about how many days you will be able to get into the parks
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

I think it all depends on how often you go. Like I went 3 times between 2007 and 2011 and we spend all days in the parks as we did all 4 Disney parks, 2 water parks and downtown Disney with Disney Quest we also did both Universal parks, Sea world and Busch Gardens we always felt like we but then kids came and we wanted to get married so didn’t go back to 2016 with our daughter so just did Disney and it was a nice relaxing break taking our time. We even spent hours watching the entertainment round world showcase. With no water parks currently available I would just go the park for rope drop then leave early evening to have a relaxed evening at your resort or in Disney Springs.
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
POR34
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

I'm happy with this as we never park hop. We're genuinely lazy at WDW and only do the parks at night so this will suit us. We've had to cancel our July trip and have a trip booked for Christmas so have fingers crossed that we'll still be able to get there. As long as we can get into a park to experience some Christmas magic then we're happy!
We're AP holders and have been many times so won't be too disappointed if we have quite a few chill days at the resort. We just want to get to our happy place again!
POR34 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
With the park reservation system it could be one park per week (or every 6 days like it is at Shanghai). Or perhaps one park every other day.

If they are significantly limiting numbers of guests in order to comply with social distancing then that means limiting the number of days people can visit the parks.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
I won't be paying $$$ to go to Disney until it returns to normal. I appreciate this could be some time away
Same here. I have today booked to go to Universal instead, staying at Sapphire Falls. I haven't rung Disney to cancel yet though, I'm going to leave it a couple of weeks when hopefully I won't have to wait too long on the phone! I went to WDW last year and the year before. Those trips were amazing and I don't want to compromise on the experience. Next year I'm going to Disneyland and Aulani then will be returning to WDW in 2022.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Tretinker
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
With the park reservation system it could be one park per week (or every 6 days like it is at Shanghai). Or perhaps one park every other day.

If they are significantly limiting numbers of guests in order to comply with social distancing then that means limiting the number of days people can visit the parks.
I could be wrong about this so won't be offended if I am corrected but isn't Shanghai just one park like a big MK?

If I am correct I'm not surprised that they have had to limit guests in Shanghai. I do believe there are double the amount of rides at Disney World than in Shanghai. Shanghai is the largest single park but florida parks overall are significantly larger and can therefore take a larger capacity but that capacity could be spread across the parks for example of both had guests of 50k disney can split theirs 13k or whatever for each park but shanghai would have the whole 50k going to the one park with half the rides and therefore half the amount to do.
1st Trip - Sept/Oct 1997 *2nd Trip - Nov/Dec 2000, *3rd Trip - Oct/Nov 2005 *4th Trip - Mar/Apr 2016 5th Trip - Easter 2017 the year of the chicken pox *6th Trip - Aug 2019 a first time for summer *7th Trip - Aug 2020 And then there were 4 *1st DLP Trip December 2020
Tretinker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

It really bothers me as we're booked to stay at BC and planned due to the proximity of epcot to eat there a lot of nights and this will now not happen if we plan to go to another park that day. Really wondering whether to cancel disney which I hate to do as we didnt' do it last year.
Old 3 Jun 20, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
alvin_purple
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by TractorBoy View Post
I think the big issue is going to be booking a park. If people have a 14 day ticket there is no guarantee of you being able to use all 14 days.

The next few months are going to be very interesting to see how the plans that Disney are going to put into place actually work - if they work of course!
So Disney have not announced how this pre-booking will work?
Hopefully there will be enough capacity that everyone who has a ticket for 2020 can get what they need.
It would be bad if you've got a 14 day ticket and don't get access to 14 days.
alvin_purple is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Sutigger
A Guest at All-Stars

we were due to go in March and had only ever planned 1 park per day, so don't mind about that. My worry is we are rebooked for end September (it was that or lose our money), and I'm just worried about getting booked into a park at all. After the stress of booking fast pass initially, I don't want to have to do the same, and possible miss out, on getting into a park.
Sutigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
This is I think why Disney have been advising anyone currently holding tickets to ensure that they are linked to MDE by June 10th so they are already registered ready for the new system. 3rd party sellers are also requiring tickets where only deposits have been paid to pay balance by the same date, as Disney stop ticket sales ahead of the system being introduced, and it means the 3rd party sellers will not be able to purchase from Disney after that. The new system is supposed to be live by mid June to enable ticket holders to start pre booking process. Just a case of awaiting the de4tail

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List