Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 3 Jun 20, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

Hotels very near Disney Springs

So I’m aware that there are a few hotels that are walking distance to Disney Springs.

Has anyone ever stayed in them and would recommend any above the others that are there, is it really walking distance and safe to do so, would you be likely to melt in the heat and would they offer their own resort shuttle to the park or would you have to make your own way there?

I don’t think you can go to Disney Springs and transfer to a Disney Park?

Just considering options at the mo, if we end up having to pay rack rate at Disney with no offers we did say we would look a little further afield and come out of the Disney Bubble slightly!

Thanks
Fiona35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
pyrrock
Gone all Goofy

I've never stayed there, but am considering them for next year too. Looking at Google maps satellite/street view of the area, it looks like the hotels are connected to Disney Springs via proper footpaths with bridges to cross the busier roads with. Some hotels are obviously further than others, but many are quite literally across the road from DS.

The hotel websites (I've checked the Hilton Buena Vista Palace specifically) advertise continuous shuttles to the parks, so I would assume they function similarly to the bus transportation from Disney owned hotels?

It's also worth mentioning that many hotels in that area are Partner hotels, and thus get the same 180 + 10 ADR window and 60 day FP window that the Disney hotels get - providing they return to normal after the current suspension ends.
pyrrock is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

Ooh didn’t these were partner hotels and had similar benefits to Disney Hotels, I only thought that was the Swan / Dolphin hotels, that’s good to know thank you.
Fiona35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida1972
Excited about Disney

It’s Hotel Plaza Blvd. We’ve stayed in the B Resort & the Holiday inn, would recommend both, we normally do a week there before moving to Int Drive. It has great safe walking access to Disney Springs in one direction & The Crossroads in the other direction (good choice of off-site restaurants) however the crossroads is scheduled to close at some point in 2021. Also good shuttle transfer to Disney parks 👍
Florida1972 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickey2014
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I have been looking at these hotels for a change with them now not offering free dining the saving I could use on food for our trip away and can still get to places without having a car.
Mickey2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
meggy
Imagineer

meggy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I stay at Hilton Buena vista palace. Five mins walk from springs , twice an hour transport to Disney parks. I love it there, I feel I have the best of both worlds as close to Disney and also a safe walk to crossroads ( thought at some stage this is likely to be demolished) Watch the resort fee though, it's pretty steep.

All the hotels in the plaza boulevard are close to springs, BVP, Hilton Orlando and Wyndham are the closest.
meggy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Hotel Plaza Boulevard is a great place to stay. Great location, great transport to parks, off site restaurants in easy walking distance too.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Darwen Bird
Imagineer

Mobile

Stayed at the BV Palace twice. It's great - sounds like it's perfect for what you are looking for.
Days Inn Days Lodge, June 89 & 92. Travelodge Maingate East, July 03. West Stonebridge Villa, June 08. Orange Tree Villa, July 10. Buena Vista Palace, Sept 11. Hilton Bonnet Creek, Sept 13. Port Orleans FQ, Nov 14. Buena Vista Palace, Sept 16. Port Orleans FQ, Nov 17. Hotel New York Disneyland Paris, Sept 18. Holiday Inn Disneyland Paris, Sept 23. Margaritaville Resort, Nov 24.
Mr Darwen Bird is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Welshdoc
New Poster (4)

Do you have to book these hotels through Disney to get the Partner Hotel benefits or can you somehow link your reservation with Disney if done separately?
Welshdoc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 20, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by Welshdoc View Post
Do you have to book these hotels through Disney to get the Partner Hotel benefits or can you somehow link your reservation with Disney if done separately?
i asked the same the other day. You don't have to book through Disney to get the benefits. I believe once booked you'd contact the hotel to get a reservation number you'd then link to MDE
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List