Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Oct 19, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
WendyWilson
Imagineer

WendyWilson's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
VA miles/flights etc...

We’ve looking at flights for the last 2 weeks of July next year (15-30) We have a villa & OKW booked already. Flights are another story however! We were hoping to fly with VA but prices are pretty steep, So far I’ve not been able to find anything under £3400 for 3ad 1ch incl baggage. We have around 120,000 miles (between the 4 of us) which expire in October next year and I really don’t want to lose them. If we don’t book VA flights is there any way we can still keep all the miles on our accounts? Can they be combined onto one account perhaps.

I was thinking of booking our car hire with Virgin as they appear to be the cheapest for July in any event (not sure if this has any bearing on anything).

Does anyone have any advice please? . TIA.
Old 4 Oct 19, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Just click through to one of the shops/affiliates from the flying club and buy something, and that will reset the expiry date.

virginatlantic/gb/en.../partners.html

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
...or take out a credit card, buy one thing, pay it off and then cancel the card.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
If you just want to keep the miles live any transaction extends the expiry points for another three years. So some of you could apply for thre free virgin Atlantic credit card which has a bonus offer til the end of the month. Also you can link transfer Tesco clubcard points to flying club points. Buying the lowest amount of miles will also keep an account live. The lowest you can buy is £30 including a £15 transaction fee.

As you said you can also transfer miles between accounts and then just keep one or two accounts “live” there is a charge for that not sure if transferring itself would keep the miles valid

You can also buy things through the flying club site and any miles earned that way will keep your miles from expiring
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
WendyWilson
Imagineer

WendyWilson's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
I called Virgin flying club today as I’ve seen some flights that I’m thinking about booking. The chap I spoke to said he couldn’t transfer everyone’s points to my account for free. I told him the girl I spoke to previously said they could - he checked the records and she’d actually recorded her notes to this effect (hurray) so he said he would do this for me so I could book the flights using my 115,000 combined miles. . Gets me about £500 off the flights so I’m happy.

Off to book.
Old 6 Oct 19, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I have a VA credit card. Use it for spends over £5 and pay it when it hits my account. I also use Shops Away - specifically Argos. I order something online via the Shops Away portal and pick it up at my local Argos store. It keeps the account open and the miles do mount up.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List