Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 26 Jul 20, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by darbs View Post
This is what I was wondering/hoping... maybe if cases go down again then travel will be allowed again with no quarantine?
You can travel to the Islands as still be covered by insurance but will have to quarantine on return.
Old 26 Jul 20, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by maidmarian View Post
Exactly, so how can it be enforced, ridiculous.
Not voicing an opinion but I’m sure I read somewhere that approx 3 people only have been fined for not following quarantine on return from abroad.

Those being asked to quarantine can use public transport to get home & quarantine doesn’t begin until the day after you get home.
You are also allowed to go shopping for essentials throughout quarantine if others can’t do this for you.
I also believe enforcement is dealt with by a small sample check of people being called on their mobile to ask if they’re at home.

Sounds quite relaxed compared to the likes of New Zealand; a friend returned home there recently; she & all other passengers on her flight were bussed from the airport to a hotel where they had to remain for 14 days; the hotel was closed to all other guests & army personnel were on-site to ensure quarantine was not broken.
She also had 2 covid tests a week apart during quarantine before being given the all clear to leave.
I know NZ is slightly different in that they’re only allowing NZ residents to enter the country but that’s a quarantine!

Edited at 07:46 PM.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 20, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jojo_3596 View Post
Yeah I know what you mean- I’m hoping for a credit note also, otherwise it’s going to be cheaper to travel this year. Next year doubles the price and we’ve already amended Florida to next year. I hope you are right about the overinflated prices, but with these further losses- they are going to have to make up the kids somehow. All a waiting game again isn’t it? 😩
I've had an email from them tonight with different options and one was a full refund so happy days.

Edited at 08:18 PM.
mskitty is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 20, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
Next step I can see is Spain reciprocate and introduce quarantine for entry into Spain and islands.

Can't see the numbers going down very quickly, and can see similar happening in other countries as tourism also drives up their rates.
If they did this they would be shooting themselves in the foot .
They need the money from tourists , they’ve said it themselves and it’s not even the main tourist areas they’re worried about in mainland Spain .
Regional lockdowns would’ve made more sense .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 20, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by FizzyWhip View Post
If they did this they would be shooting themselves in the foot .
They need the money from tourists , they’ve said it themselves and it’s not even the main tourist areas they’re worried about in mainland Spain .
Regional lockdowns would’ve made more sense .
Though the majority of decisionS have not made any sense. For that it’d take common sense which is greatly lacking
Old 26 Jul 20, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Myakka17 View Post
Though the majority of decisionS have not made any sense. For that it’d take common sense which is greatly lacking
Severely ..
Old 27 Jul 20, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Due to go to Lanzarote in the 21st August, if we can still go ! I can work from home on return and my daughter has enough time before she heads back to Uni . I now have a spreadsheet of all the cancelled holidays tickets transfers etc to keep on top of everything. I only booked this when quarantine was lifted i think I should have just given up getting some sunshine this year 🙀

Tartan Tink
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 20, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I hope they’ll have a rethink of this knee jerk reaction and make it regional rather than all of mainland Spain and then the islands .
Fingers crossed 🤞🏼
Old 27 Jul 20, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FizzyWhip View Post
I hope they’ll have a rethink of this knee jerk reaction and make it regional rather than all of mainland Spain and then the islands .
Fingers crossed 🤞🏼
Me too, but I hope they do this soon. Where we where going is very low covid and I need to see if I can pull my holiday forward 2 weeks so that we have long enough before school to quarantine. I have had a headache the last two days trying to decide if we sit it out and see if lifted or we change now.
Old 27 Jul 20, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jakey Neverland View Post
Me too, but I hope they do this soon. Where we where going is very low covid and I need to see if I can pull my holiday forward 2 weeks so that we have long enough before school to quarantine. I have had a headache the last two days trying to decide if we sit it out and see if lifted or we change now.
Really hope you can get it sorted without anymore stress .
I’m the same , We have 3 weeks till we leave and I still really want to go .