Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 30 Aug 20, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

I think Disney will want to get things back to normal (fireworks, characters etc) as soon as they can. I think they may have realised with their lower than expected attendance, that people go to Disney for the ‘magical’ experience which they clearly aren’t getting now. I’m hopeful that as long as there is a vaccine, normal Disney experiences will return at some point in 2021. (Hopefully by summer which is when we’re hoping to go).

Edited at 11:45 AM.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 20, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
No one knows but this forum is extremely negative so you won't get any positive responses. Doom and gloom rules.
Don't think its doom and gloom, just being realistic.
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 20, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by jim jehosofat View Post
Don't think its doom and gloom, just being realistic.
‘Waiting years’ for characters/parades/fireworks isn’t being realistic.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 20, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
‘Waiting years’ for characters/parades/fireworks isn’t being realistic.
Indeed, in fact fireworks have already returned to Shanghai Disney

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 20, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
AdmiralJack
Imagineer

Fireworks? Id say it will be from the Christmas period-there was news the other week that Disney has applied for permission to hold New Year fireworks displays, and they are going forward with the new Epcot show, so they obviously still feature in their plans for the future.

Perhaps if their New Year trial goes ahead, from early next year.

Parades? I think we might see a move from parades where people crowd en masse in the streets, to structured Fantasmic or River of Light type shows where people have to have assigned seating in a specifically created area, where you have to book limited availability (socially distanced, spaced out) seating via the MDE app.

Characters? I think that could be achieved even now-have a Rise of the Resistance style boarding group show up at set times throughout the day at the various locations. You get an arrival time, and the characters rotate and are sanitised throughout.

Waterparks? When Theme Parks are getting visitor numbers to make what are probably their most cost heavy operations profitable to run.
AdmiralJack is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 20, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

Modified fireworks/parades will probably return within the next year like in Shanghai/Tokyo as you can socially distance for those. They are probably waiting for the infection rate to decrease and visitor demand to return. Putting on expensive nightly fireworks for 25% capacity probably does not make sense.

Modified meet and greets have returned to Shanghai. Although I would not really class them as M+Gs as they are more like character photo spots.

Proper character M+Gs I guess they won't return until after the vaccine is rolled out.
Having cast members meet 1000's of people per day close up won't happen anytime soon. My guess is 2022 for those.
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List